1 2 3
lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
1/30/15 10:41 a.m.

you can leave as much positive feedback toward a buyer as you'd like! As long as it's positive. I really despise the way ebay treats it's sellers. The buyer is always right mentality works really well when the buyer is out to screw you over.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
1/30/15 1:04 p.m.

That's terrible. eBay seems to have really gone downhill over the years. I find it so flooded with universal fit parts that I can't find what I need without spending a lot of time. I do love searching completed vehicle auctions to find actual selling prices though.

gl21133
gl21133 New Reader
1/30/15 4:35 p.m.

eBay seems like it's not even an auction company anymore. Sure, certain things like this actually follow the model but most of the items anymore are buy it now. No fun.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
1/30/15 5:18 p.m.

I gave up on eBay years ago. If you think they're bad for the seller, don't get me started on PayPal.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/15 9:02 p.m.

I decided to re-list it on eBay last night. The auction ends next Sunday night. Up to $1,100 already and 19 watchers. I have modified the allowed bids and will cancel any bid over the Reserve by a 0 feedback person.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/3/15 8:43 a.m.

sorry to hear about the auction. I had mine go the same way (probably the only car I will sell on eBay). Second chance offer person will never bite because to them they feel like the seller was the competing bidder using a junk account just to run them up.

I think restricting 0 feedback bidders 100% unless they contact you first is the way to go.

I like eBay because it brings a HUGE audience, but I hate it because it invites mostly scammers and general scumbags.

Interesting that eBay also seems to take the side of 'dealers' when people win the auction but then don't get the car.

Javelin
2/7/15 7:24 p.m.

Well we are SOLD now! The eBay re-list generated a lot more interest. I had a few serious buyers email in questions and one person kept contacting back, so we talked over the phone. Turns out, he can't live without the car and offered me $3,500 for the car immediately. This is less money than the auction originally netted, but a bird in the hand and all that.

So, the car was paid for this morning. It just needs to get shipped out. Final tally is:

1973 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - $1500.00
Tune-Up parts and oil change - $53.20
Detailing supplies - $48.78
Tank of gas - $75.00
eBay fees - $34.00 (2 unsuccessful auction listings)
Money transfer fees - $87.30
Total: $1798.28

Total Profit: $1701.72

Not too bad, honestly. I think it's a fair price for the car and gives the new owner the ability to finish fixing the car up without out-doing it's value. It's going to Chicago, IL.

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
2/7/15 7:54 p.m.

Congrats! Glad to see you got full payment this time. I'm still waiting on my buyer to get the rest of the cash for the BMW to me.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/15 9:00 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Tank of gas - $75.00

That's one thing about big old cars I don't miss!!!!

Javelin
2/20/15 10:18 p.m.

Goodbye Cadillac! This one was very good to me. That was the most dollar amount of profit I've ever churned out on a car and it couldn't have gone to a better home.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
2/20/15 11:01 p.m.

Congratulations on a successful flip! I hope the next one is just as awesome.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
2/21/15 9:18 a.m.

Nice job. Fun car to own for a little while too.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
2/21/15 6:05 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Goodbye Cadillac! This one was very good to me. That was the most dollar amount of profit I've ever churned out on a car and it couldn't have gone to a better home.

Congrats on having it all work out!

Javelin
2/21/15 9:57 p.m.
Petrolburner wrote: Nice job. Fun car to own for a little while too.

It really was. I'm glad I can check off a proper Caddy from my car bucket list. They don't float, they glide. Really is the best riding car I've ever owned. SMooth is too rough a word for it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VdRSX1tZyq0wBJm12Q20jT9GxLyKAnt4DphI7k4tTdcJGmb5xGlDBaVZrhRwmkSh