1 2
Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/4/19 10:25 a.m.

It happens, life is a thing to happen, if you need any help/advice/parts sourcing let me know im pretty deep into neons. 

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
1/4/19 6:02 p.m.

I didn’t even know LSR was a thing. I would love to do it just to figure out where the car can get too! Excited to see where you take it.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
1/5/19 5:25 p.m.

You probably already know this, but your car is famous:

as featured in Hot Rod article

I accidentally stumbled onto it while looking for something else, and thought "cool I've seen that car on GRM"

LonH
LonH New Reader
1/19/19 4:19 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I did know. Thanks for the link! That was under Bob and Chris Ward's ownership.

LonH
LonH New Reader
1/19/19 4:23 p.m.

Got some work done and racing is around the corner, in April. Removed the windshield squirters, and mirrors. Next Saturday my racing partner and I will change the fluids and do some other work. Cpt. Buzzkill, my racing partner is an Amsoil dealer, and didnt have the oil on hand today. 

LonH
LonH New Reader
1/19/19 4:24 p.m.

LonH
LonH New Reader
1/19/19 4:25 p.m.

Also made some ramps to help with loading and lifting the car. 

LonH
LonH New Reader
8/1/19 9:59 p.m.

Life has been happening and I've been delayed a couple times. The Neon is slated to make it's first pass on Septemeber in Blytheville Arkansas. I ended up buying out my friend's half and now have to car out right. I plan to put daughter in it as well . Also got a dedicated tow rig, so it seems a little more legit that I'm finally going racing. 

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:23 p.m.

First race with the Neon wasnt a total bust. Lost the trans, which I half expected and a 5 speed swap is in the works. I made two passes, my 1/2 and 3/4 mile rookie passes, then the trans said no more. While waiting to be towed back to the pits I was approached by Andy with a Hellcat. He wanted to try an experiment, and only a red Dodge driver could drive his red Dodge. He wanted to see how fast it was in valet mode and I was more than willing to do it. For the record a Hellcat will run up to 108 in valet mode. After that I made a "extra power" pass in the Hellcat to 151 mphto earn my "C" lincense. Great weekend and I'll be back in April. 

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:24 p.m.

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:25 p.m.

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:26 p.m.

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:27 p.m.

When the car was raced in Ohio at Wilimington it was in the street class. When teched this year the glaring omissions of capret, mirrors and no tags or insurance it was no longer a "street" car. Luckily the ECTA has a Pro class and with a bribery of Chips Ahoy cookies I was able to slot into G/FSSP. G is engines up tot 2.0 liter, F is F Super Street. 

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:30 p.m.

LonH
LonH New Reader
10/14/19 9:33 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iUmWfAZtFkVCo500g1artBpLZcEDFHF1UPcHSyv8XIMcv5GpbTP2rWV0dnkpRkqj