1 2
JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/7/14 1:30 p.m.
Sky_Render wrote:
Will wrote: So what's the project part going to be?
5.8L GT500 swap?

I'd have just kept the CV Sport and used that as a starting point if I wanted to do an engine swap

Will
Will SuperDork
8/7/14 2:21 p.m.

OP, are you familiar with Angry Duck Tofu Racing? They have some neat Panther parts. I met the owner once at LACR and even drag raced a Terminator Cobra against his blown CV.

I won, but he did better than you'd expect.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
8/7/14 2:45 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
The_Jed wrote: Do those come stock with an X-pipe? I'll bet that thing sounds wicked!
Not sure what they come with stock, but that is not a stock exhaust. It is a stainless works cat back system. This is what it would sound like with a full SW system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z950Yxpaxg But my car doesn't have the SW longtube headers (yet)

Not what I was expecting. I have a fairly short commute with an occasional out of town trip. What kind of mileage are you seeing? It appears I can get all 5 of us in there, with luggage. Throw a hitch on it and tow the kid kart to autoxes, laugh my butt off in ESP. I'm casually shopping for a replacement to the MPV whose transmission is on borrowed time. I couldn't haul long items but that's what the kart trailer is for.....

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/7/14 6:18 p.m.
Will wrote: OP, are you familiar with Angry Duck Tofu Racing? They have some neat Panther parts. I met the owner once at LACR and even drag raced a Terminator Cobra against his blown CV. I won, but he did better than you'd expect.

I hadn't but I'll definitely check them out.

chrispy wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
The_Jed wrote: Do those come stock with an X-pipe? I'll bet that thing sounds wicked!
Not sure what they come with stock, but that is not a stock exhaust. It is a stainless works cat back system. This is what it would sound like with a full SW system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z950Yxpaxg But my car doesn't have the SW longtube headers (yet)
Not what I was expecting. I have a fairly short commute with an occasional out of town trip. What kind of mileage are you seeing? It appears I can get all 5 of us in there, with luggage. Throw a hitch on it and tow the kid kart to autoxes, laugh my butt off in ESP. I'm casually shopping for a replacement to the MPV whose transmission is on borrowed time. I couldn't haul long items but that's what the kart trailer is for.....

Haven't picked her up yet so not entirely sure on the mileage. I was getting 24 highway out of the CV and Marauder owners are reporting similar.

5 people, no problem. Luggage, the trunks on these are HUGE. Towing, yep (one of the nice features of this one is that it has a class 2 hitch installed) Sounds like it could work for you.

erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
8/8/14 8:29 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: Congrats! Where in FL is it? Would love to schedule a meet up while you're here.

The plate says Seminole county, so likely somewhere just North of Orlando.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/8/14 9:13 a.m.
erohslc wrote:
dyintorace wrote: Congrats! Where in FL is it? Would love to schedule a meet up while you're here.
The plate says Seminole county, so likely somewhere just North of Orlando.

Yep, just north of Orlando. Sadly no meet up time, I'll fly into the Orlando airport and he's going to meet me there. I'll drive him home and head home from there. I have to be back in NJ with time to pack, kiss the wife and get on a flight to AZ Sunday morning.

Oddly enough I'm doing the exact same thing in reverse tonite for the CV. Buyer is flying into Philly from New Orleans, I'll pick him up, he'll take me to my house and then head home.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/14 9:34 a.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/14 4:15 p.m.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/8/14 6:32 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:

I could send the very nice 71 year old man who is selling me the car to an early grave by plastering that logo down the side of the car ;)

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
8/8/14 11:06 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:

Thar she blows!

failboat
failboat UltraDork
8/9/14 2:00 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Will wrote: OP, are you familiar with Angry Duck Tofu Racing? They have some neat Panther parts. I met the owner once at LACR and even drag raced a Terminator Cobra against his blown CV. I won, but he did better than you'd expect.
I hadn't but I'll definitely check them out.

Just another +1 for ADTR. When I had my grand marquis I made a few purchase from there. Great customer service.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/9/14 4:52 p.m.

I remember when these came out I was interested, but the stock power was a bit lacking. A few mods though probably wake it up.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/9/14 7:25 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:

That is the gayest band logo this side of a Poison cover. Possibly even worse. Even if you have a penis in your mouth right now... you are not as gay as that picture. What the berkeley were they thinking? "How can we corner the pre-op tranny market?"

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/9/14 9:28 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
That is the gayest band logo this side of a Poison cover. Possibly even worse. Even if you have a penis in your mouth right now... you are not as gay as that picture. What the berkeley were they thinking? "How can we corner the pre-op tranny market?"

That's the entire point. SP exists to mock the hair metal bands of the 80s. It is pure parody and takes everything to the extreme

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/14 9:03 a.m.

nice, needs more spoiler.

i've got a supercharged black 04 with my name on it when my buddy is done with it. it's equally clean as it resides inland florida all winter and half the time gets stored in the summer and not brought up here.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/10/14 10:39 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
That's the entire point. SP exists to mock the hair metal bands of the 80s. It is pure parody and takes everything to the extreme

Huh. I learned something new today.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/14/14 7:25 p.m.

Retrieval mission starts tomorrow, I board a plane for FL at noon and will be on the road back to NJ by 6pm....wave if you see me ;)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/16/14 2:47 p.m.

And I'm back! It was a bit of a long drive lots of traffic today but the car was great. This one has definitely exceeded expectations for a sight unseen purchase. The seller had documentation for everything on the car. It's definitely proof that on a well maintained car miles are irrelevant because even with 130k on the clock this thing is tight. Seller even had a fresh oil change and had the car detailed for me Friday morning, great guy!

Having had the opportunity to drive a stock CV Sport and a stock Marauder I was very happy with what the stock Marauder package brought to the table. But with 4.10 gears a 350hp tune and the cat back exhaust its a whole different beast, exactly what I was looking for.

Gotta head out of town for business now and sort out the Yugo transport when I get back but I'll be going through it more when I return and start to plan some things to make this an actual project thread.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
8/17/14 11:03 a.m.

Looks great, glad to hear it was everything you expected and then some.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/14 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

steel panther "behind the music"

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/23/14 1:36 p.m.

Finally back home from the business trip. Feeling a little under the weather but didn't want to waste a whole day so a quick project on the Merc to keep the ball rolling.

The b pillar was bugging me. On the CV Sport it was blacked out, but on the Marauders it's kept body color. Not sure why, probably just because I got so used to the CV but it was bothering me. And especially with tinted windows I like the continuity.

So I dug up some matte black vinyl and a little cutting and careful application....much better.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/24/14 12:22 p.m.

More projecty stuff. Sorry, none of this is too over the top, just a little "making it mine"

First up...this view needed something...

I had seen this mod on the Marauder forums and liked it a lot. It's the chin spoiler from a Mustang Mach 1

Next up Satellitectomy. The seller left his XM unit with the car, even paid up a month service so I could try it out. While I do like satellite radio I'm entirely to cheap to pay for it. I will also be upgrading the head unit eventually so this is not needed.

Unfortunately the mount was screwed to the dash so I needed to do something about the hole. A $3 hat pin and some hot glue did the trick.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WM3NGoWyho8MoPdqYLKkgsFq7XD0gVyKPMyTFDl57GETfwvRjpUZL7sHtU20KIqu