1 2 3 4
mccrimmon
mccrimmon New Reader
4/20/18 8:06 p.m.

Ok. Here are some pics of my version 2.0 dual 2.5" mid pipe. Still 3" high flow cats and merges down to dual 2.5" but now using a pair of 4" long flex joints, a standard X-pipe and a pair of 11" long vibrant bottle style resonators. I'm getting ready to build a new rear muffler option that consists of two Pypes M80 2.5" bullet mufflers. Right now I'm using my 18" dual in/out Magnaflow X-Core muffler. Sounds good but it's too much muffler to me. 

JBasham
JBasham HalfDork
4/26/18 3:18 p.m.

Wow, nice execution, I really like the look of it.

I did one with a SBF on a different plan, to make a track toy for as little money as I could manage, and keep the car very light.

I am at stock SBF power levels now and that's obviously no problem for the rear end.  But I'm going to raise them when I do the third draft of the car, so I'm wondering what you think about the diff and half-shaft situation, since you have huge power to it now.

I did my second draft of the car with exhaust like your second version, just a dual in/out muffler that has an internal X structure (Borla X Pro) and then pipes to the bumper.  I was worried about the Summit Main track noise limit but we tested it there just recently and it all turned out fine.  The flaggers really seemed to like it.  Here's a clip.

Hope to see you at Summit Point some time and give your suspension a workout.  Snailmont runs there too.

TimM
TimM New Reader
5/26/18 12:26 p.m.

We need some updates!

Maybe a rear wheel HP number???

wink

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
5/30/18 3:24 p.m.

Here to promote more updates.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/22/18 8:43 a.m.

Lots of great ideas in here. How’s it treating you?

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
rTC4sr6DfpXXHTNLU8l2smefXQLhYKIxeJ5N1o47ikbxgPxidYkU7enQASYIbfzR