1 2 3 ... 10
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/19 3:33 p.m.

I did it again, Carli doesn’t know please don’t tell her.  As is customary it seems anymore, “build thread” before pickup.  By pickup i mean my buddy with the rollback drops it off.  $350 car $150 tow = $500 worth of 2000 anniversary edition q45 that starts right up, idles at 1200 with a SES light on, and has a noise suspiciously like an abs tone ring is flopping around inside the LF rotor.  Factory LSD, lot drove, minor front end damage, unclaimed tow lot car.  Salvage title, so will have to pay the man $50 to get it changed to rebuilt once i do absolutely nothing to it other than make sure the lights all work and fix the noise in the front end so i can drive it for the inspection without dying.  

Plans?  Where we’re going we don’t need plans.  Basically fill my desire to drive a big black rwd sedan with leather that’s been aching since my impala succumbed to electrical gremlins enough for me to quit, and de facto backup challenge car for if the Wartburg can’t make the stability numbers work.  If that’s the case it’s getting jeep wheels with sm7’s, drag radials and allllllll the nitrous.  Also probably pull carpet and either dumpster it or pressure wash it, because PO was a smoker.

so far i have found 18 normal cents and a mercury dime.  Car will be delivered after the legacy wagon goes it it’s new home with son of svrex. 

Obligatory picture from the tow lot this morning because i was on my way to the dentist and didn’t do a full photo shoot.  

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/8/19 3:38 p.m.

Stampie has been a bad influence on you.  That's all, carry on.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/8/19 3:39 p.m.

Agreed. Tell carli that its me and stampies fault. 

ALL THE NITROUS!!!!!!!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/19 3:41 p.m.

Spray her to the ground. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/8/19 4:35 p.m.

If carli gets super mad, I'll take it off your hands. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/8/19 4:45 p.m.

I'm not an import guy but that gen speaks to me.  Let me know if you need a parking spot, I can make room.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/8/19 5:47 p.m.

Yeah, let's have Carli think it's Michael and Stampie's fault. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/8/19 5:59 p.m.

I totally approve of this.  I am sure you can beat stampie with it. 

Just don't disconnect the power steering or fans.  I hear that doesn't help q45 race cars cheeky

Only on GRM is a 20 year old q45 the answer to anything.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/8/19 6:05 p.m.

Pat

Be sure to bookmark www.q45.org   Mostly Gen1 stuff but some good Gen2 stuff too. 

While there, be sure to see the green 1994 on the cover page.  One of these days I might be able to drive it over to your house. 

Patrick
5/8/19 6:22 p.m.

266hp plus 150hp nitrous jets = 416hp.  The NX kits i play with tend to add 160-170hp, so yeah, there’s that.  

Exhaust i think is missing beyond the cats, so it will save me the sawzall blades.  

Patrick
5/8/19 7:06 p.m.

I told her by showing her the mercury dime then telling her it came with a car I bought this morning 

“what the heck are we going to do with an infiniti it’s not even cool”

so i have that going for me

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/8/19 7:16 p.m.

The best hipster bar is the one I'm not in. I hope you enjoy the infinite check engine light. laugh

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
5/8/19 7:46 p.m.

Hipster bar: Uh.... I'll have the wheat grass IPA 20 oz , and for the CEL--use any old pizza delivery refrigerator magnet, magnet side facing out. blocks the annoying glow 95%...

If you can't or won't fix it.

Patrick
5/8/19 7:53 p.m.
Agent98 said:

Hipster bar: Uh.... I'll have the wheat grass IPA 20 oz , and for the CEL--use any old pizza delivery refrigerator magnet, magnet side facing out. blocks the annoying glow 95%...

If you can't or won't fix it.

Have to, we have emissions testing 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/8/19 8:21 p.m.

That is the “Cedric” that was built to create some volume efficiency on the Q45 platform.  Great sounding engine that wished it had a manual trans behind it.  Love them carry on.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/8/19 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

So, I guess we now know your answer to the age old question, "if all your friends were jumping off a bridge..."

Patrick
5/9/19 3:58 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Patrick :

So, I guess we now know your answer to the age old question, "if all your friends were jumping off a bridge..."

I would be sad they jumped then take their ratty 5 speed q45 and put the trans into this slightly less ratty one.  It’s kinda ratty.  Like i’m not gonna feel bad going all nuts on it doing stupid stuff ive always wanted to do but never had a running car ratty enough to do it to.  Or i’ll realize this was dumb and try to make a couple hundred dollars on my mistake.  I mean for what it cost if i throw a few dollars at a sensor, some straight pipes and fixing the noise up front then strap a bottle in the trunk and drag radials on it and it dies, i’m still set up with an lsd r200 and everything to make the rear end of the datsun beefier.  That’s probably the likely progression here. Have stupid fun, go a little too far, parts

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/19 6:05 a.m.
John Welsh said:

Wait you're the one that started this whole Q45 thing. 

Scottah
Scottah Dork
5/9/19 6:31 a.m.

I remember when q45’s used to be cool. Now everyone has them. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/9/19 6:34 a.m.

I'll admit you people are the only reason I even know Q45s exist. And definitely the only reason the phrase has been in my craigslist and marketplace search boxes.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/9/19 6:58 a.m.
Scottah said:

I remember when q45’s used to be cool. Now everyone has them. 

...it is so "choice". If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

"the means" in the case of a Q45 equals easily less than $2k."  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/9/19 7:12 a.m.

Pat, your car was on FB too.  Here are the more pics lifted off the ad:  

I gotta say, the car is a great color.  Looks sinister in black.  Sure, some interior trash but generally looks good like unripped seats.  Nothing a cleaning shouldn't fix.  

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/9/19 7:20 a.m.
Stampie said:
John Welsh said:

Wait you're the one that started this whole Q45 thing. 

Original q45 post

Patrick
5/9/19 10:47 a.m.

Faceballs eh?  Gene called me and asked if i saw the q45 they had and then made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.  They generally just send stuff like this to scrap because selling cheap cars isn’t worth the headache.  

Patrick
5/9/19 8:16 p.m.

Ordered $20 fender flares and i have a roll of carbon fiber vinyl wrap that i’m not afraid to use.  Flares for in case i find some deep dish wheels(except i like the stock ones but man i love a deep dish wheel like someone from Chicago loves a deep dish tomato and cheese casserole) and vinyl for who knows or cares what at this point.  It’s leftover from the aborted $2015 v8 wrx, i was going to do the hood because it was gnarly and mangled

i have skinnies, i could get some 18x9’s and put my new hoosier drag radials on them.  

1 2 3 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qg8iRY5Fpzdl3hIjynyJ9xamfCBmekFdOW5FtlpOAY4o2MiOj4Ao6chRkG8LEMHJ