1 ... 3 4 5
Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
11/16/12 9:54 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:

Um, am I the only one that wants to see more of what looks like a single-cab split in the background?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/12 8:51 a.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
Um, am I the only one that wants to see more of what looks like a single-cab split in the background?

It is a guy's that I rent the workshop with. It is in really really rough shape.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/12 9:00 a.m.

Engine and transmission came out of the car this weekend.

Knocked most of sound deadening (there is still some left on the inside of the rear quarters)

These plus dry ice makes removing sound deadening a little easier.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/21/13 10:48 a.m.

Spent this weekend removing the undercoating from the car which is a pain but not nearly as bad as the Scirocco and that Harbor Freight multi-function tool makes fairly quick work of it.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
1/21/13 11:07 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

I was hoping you were going to try the HF multi-function tool, I have a growing list of stuff I need, may as well add that to the list.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/21/13 11:54 a.m.

In reply to Raze:

It makes pretty decent work of the stuff on the Yugo. The Scirocco undercoating stuff sucks!!!! Also mine didn't come with the lock washer that is needed to hold the attachment in place so you may need one just FYI.

torinreed
torinreed
12/6/13 1:53 p.m.

I have an 88 yugo gv. I rebuilt the whole engine and drove it from Kentucky to philadelphia without a single problem. I love this car but to be completely honest its awful. I am tired of everyone giving me grief for how terrible of a car it really is. So I'd like to upgrade the hell out of it, and while I did bring it back to life by myself (except for the cylinder bores) I know next to nothing on the actual technical aspects on improving a cars peeformance. Can anyone help?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/6/13 2:48 p.m.

In reply to torinreed:

I am assuming you have an 1147cc engine? A hot swap would be a 1500 motor with the head from your 1147. An early Fiat X1/9 carburetor (with the intake manifold) should be decent with the motor. That carb should be a Weber 32DMTRA. A header and cam would also help. Anything that would work any of the Fiat SOHC engines should work on a Yugo motor (same motor)

As far as suspension you can put X1/9 struts on the front which will lower the car some and on the rear you can lower it with some simple lowering blocks. You can also increase the rear spring stiffness by adding a leaf from another Yugo. Addco has a swaybar for the Yugo.

Midwest Bayless also has some performance parts for the Yugo. http://www.midwest-bayless.com/storefrontprofiles/deluxeSFshop.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=192874

Also if you need parts contact me. I am parting one car out and have a ton of parts from another.

I added a post in your other thread.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/7/13 10:59 a.m.

In reply to torinreed:

I am gathering from your post you are in the Philly area now? I'm just over the CB bridge in Mullica Hill, NJ. I have the mecca of Yugo performance parts here, we should talk ;) I have a few 1500cc motors ready for building, some better cams, etc etc. I also have my entire widebody Yugo for sale. Its not a street car at the moment but with parts from yours put into it then it would be a very wild street Yugo.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
12/7/13 1:44 p.m.

I had opportunity to drive this car last week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-Other-128-SL-1300-Coupe-1973-fiat-128-sl-1300-coupe-modified-engine-suspension-beautiful-red-/111233371251?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19e6068c73&item=111233371251&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

And boy am I sold on the idea of bike carbs

That little 1.3 pulled hard and had low end torque to spare. What an eager little engine!

A DIY intake with ebay some sport bike mikunis would be a great project for this car.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bktYrHoX9MykDjHa8kevh2rpoGgB7oU8lfXwzDvIvL1pgCDoT6j7NB9vgk5MtCaL