slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/10/19 2:15 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/10/19 2:26 p.m.

You're new here, so I'll have to let you in on a secret. 

NOBODY will try to talk someone out of a car here. We will encourage you to get it and post a build thread.

That being said, when do you pick it up?

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/10/19 2:51 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I've enlisted my brain to come up with various scenarios in which I could acquire this automobile, but none have passed the feasibility test so far. Will continue churning away at it.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
6/10/19 3:06 p.m.

I'll talk you out of it.  Woof.  What a pile.  That car's best possible outcome is as a 24 Hours of LeMons race car.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/10/19 3:13 p.m.

Yeah, i should've looked at the link.

Dont do it. Unless you want to learn bodywork and get a divorce. In which case, start a build thread. 

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/10/19 3:18 p.m.

See, I was envisioning it as a Roadkill-style build...don't fix any of the body stuff, just try to get it running and have a cool old hooptie to drive around without caring too much if it breaks. But I already have too many broken cars as it is, I guess.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/10/19 3:24 p.m.

But yeah... after looking at the pictures again, that looks a bit overpriced.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
6/10/19 9:56 p.m.
slowbird said:

See, I was envisioning it as a Roadkill-style build...don't fix any of the body stuff, just try to get it running and have a cool old hooptie to drive around without caring too much if it breaks. But I already have too many broken cars as it is, I guess.

The problem with Roadkill is they live in the fantasyland of the American Southwest.  They don't understand Rust.  Not Real Rust, anyway.  That Ferd is a pile of Rust molecules loosely arranged into the semblance of a late-60's American automobile.  And not even a particularly neat one. 

There was a '68 Gaylaxy 2 door with a 289 for sale near me for 1800 with way less Rust, running and driving, that I passed on...and that sat, unsold, for months.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tp8nSo8MnERqizdsEGDb13RAf3GXSwDvbJAMYzks62Ptsuf2fXPawHfOm2HWtdtn