84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/19/19 10:28 a.m.

Hi All - this is strange enough that I thought I might be talking to the right crowd.

My buddy Andy built this with no expense spared.  It was a Nebraska truck that was diesel in it's former life without an ounce of rust anywhere to be found.  It then went full resto with all aspects addressed.  I'm personally badgering him for selling it but hey it's his.

1981 VW Rabbit Truck VR6 Swapped

1981 VW Rabbit Pickup/Caddy. Originally a 1.6 Liter diesel/4 speed Nebraska Farm truck. Truck was very solid to begin with and needed minimal body restoration. Drivetrain has 30k miles and was freshened up. Donor vehicle was an OBD2 1998 GTI. VR6 engine with mild cams, MK4 headgasket, new chains and guides. 02A 5 speed transmission with a peloquin limited slip differential. 
Euro wise shortened oil pan, engine mounts, and axles. Raceland coilovers on the front with drop plates and air shocks on the rear. Body was fully resprayed in original satin silver. Recaro trophy seats. 
Many more details that I am happy to discuss with serious buyers. Looking for a straight sale, no trades. Feel free to email with any questions. Thanks!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
2/19/19 12:56 p.m.

That is very cool.  It’s well outside my comfort zone of price but way cool.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/19/19 9:25 p.m.

I hate Volkswagen and I love this thing! Glws. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/20/19 3:18 p.m.

I like that.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/20/19 3:37 p.m.

I want a set of those seats for my duster..  

ebelements
ebelements New Reader
2/20/19 4:28 p.m.

That's like a greatest hits of everything I would want in a VW. Weirdest bodystyle, vintage recaros, mesh wheels, manual shifting, and cool narrow angle v6 chewbacca noises. Price seems fair too.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
2/20/19 6:30 p.m.

This is pretty much exactly how I would build a Caddy, except for wheel choice.  Very inspirational for my own beater bike hauler build.  yes

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/20/19 8:29 p.m.

Appreciate the kind words.   I would guess the price to be min 5k less in parts/paint than he has into it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GygLojbVeeexHb1DCH0q0WmBXWi8YmBezezYKEgE86w4sqFgtKHZSbiYMRUVSqI1