Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
11/15/18 1:39 p.m.

Posting for a friend who doesn't internet...

1982 RX7, all original, to my knowledge, and to all appearances.  Asking $7000, negotiable.

The story as I have it:  my friend has a home in Ohio as well as AZ, and he acquired this car in Ohio and brought it to AZ about a year ago.  The car was reportedly acquired by it's previous (2nd) owner after the original owner (a friend of the 2nd owner) passed away suddenly, soon after purchasing the car.  It was reported to have been garaged, and not driven in winter.  My friend purchased it from the now elderly owner, who wasn't driving it much anymore.

I don't know enough about RX7s to even list the specific designation (GL?), but I'm sure those who will be interested will be able to derive that from the pics.  It has 85k miles, is a 5 speed manual, and is carbureted.  It has what looks like a dealer installed (?) sunroof.  It's in excellent condition overall, except for a small tear in the driver's seat velour, what looks like a small rust spot under the paint on the bottom corner of the driver's door, and a blemish on the driver's rear fender lip that has been touched up.  There appears to be no bent metal on the fender lip, just paint damage.  All of these are documented in the photos.

This is a really nice, clean car.  I would love to see it go to the right owner here on GRM.  My friend is considering putting it on BAT, and that will probably be the next step if it doesn't sell by the holidays.  If you are interested, please contact Bob @ 928-925-1961.

DSC_3175 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

DSC_3176 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

DSC_3178 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

DSC_3179 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

DSC_3183 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

DSC_3190 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Eng 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Eng 2 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

int 3 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Int 4 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Int 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Int 2 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Tear by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Int 5 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
11/15/18 1:39 p.m.

Front 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Rear 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

LRocker 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

RRocker 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Bubble by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Fender 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Under 1 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Under 2 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Under 3 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

RRocker 2 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

LRocker 2 by Rodan AZ, on Flickr

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
11/16/18 7:02 a.m.

Looks like a very nice car.  It appears to be an S or GS given the steel wheels and lack of a sunroof. 

Hope he gets his asking price as I've got about 5 of these things floating around. 

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
11/16/18 7:36 a.m.

It does have a sunroof.  Not sure if that would make a difference in model.

Were sunroofs factory in these, or dealer installed?

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
11/16/18 7:18 p.m.

Hmm. I missed that.  Sunroofs were factory.

Then it could be GSL with S steel wheels or an aftermarket roof.  If its has drums in the rear that's another indication it is a S or GS.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
11/17/18 12:09 a.m.

Is the sun roof metal or glass? If it is metal it is almost certainly a factory unit.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
11/17/18 8:21 a.m.

It's glass, which is why I was thinking it was probably dealer installed.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
12/1/18 12:51 p.m.

1st of the month bump.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yXFk2CggQMNj9xIExTHkh5ztZn46ZIYXfdLmm6HiuJVpDrsZA24VZ09YoNx7sl3b