rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
6/30/20 11:14 a.m.

Price---- $ 1000.00 picked up. 

Facebook link 

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/606771883578495/

Finally decide to move along my 1982 VW Rabbit project. It's a pretty clean rolling shell with original paint. Very little rust and not just for a NE car. 

Comes with probably 80% of the parts to get back on the road. 8v engine (2.0 block, 1.8 solid lifter head with G grind cam, was supposedly rebuilt about 15 years ago and been off the road for 10 but it pulled great in my old mk2 GTI) 5 spd trans, most of a red rabbit interior including GTI seats, and I believe pretty beat up black leather Porsche 924/944 sport seats. Tons of spares(switches, lens, so on) new rear brake kit(drums, shoes, bearings) new febi control arms with poly bushings and ball joints. 

it's currently a roller on newer tires and 14 alloy VW wheels and includes 6 13 inch tarantula wheels, 2 spare hatches, all the glass, GTI flares and front air dam. Bunch more I'm forgetting.

clean title in my name. 
located in birdsboro Pa 19508

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
6/30/20 11:16 a.m.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
6/30/20 11:18 a.m.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/2/20 9:17 p.m.

Dang, I have to be careful or I'm going to end up with a barn full again.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
7/3/20 1:48 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Which is why I  have it posted for sale, trying to limit my fleet to 1 legit project/play car since it seems either one of my two trucks or the wife car needs some sort of repair every month. Though I had pretty much forgotten about the rabbit now that I dug out all the parts and looked at it I'm half tempted to start putting it together again! Figured I'll leave it up for sale till the weather cools a bit and then start messing with it. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/20 8:26 a.m.

So, just because I'm a vw Luddite, what kinda power should a 2.0 block with a 1.8 head and g grind cam make?

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I can't give you any numbers, but mine was fast enough to be exciting. Granted, that's partly due to knowing you're gonna feel it if things go pear-shaped while wrapped in a tin-can. 

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
7/3/20 12:20 p.m.

I don't know what kind of power it makes but I'd imagine around 120hp. It's not ground breaking but they are very light cars and the engine was quite fun in my heavier mk2 GTI. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xKFm0pIqbVuofADzsZGYoYo1P0EPipJ3RBpL2pASn8RNInlGFytd1jsp9FcTRovn