hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/8/19 10:46 a.m.

NMNA

FB ad link

"Purchased from original owner who kept it in her garage and drove it less than 10,000 per year. Mileage is a guess odometer stopped around 240,000 and I'm guessing since then we've driven it 30-40K. AC works, new radiator, some struts and brake work, clutch adjustment. Run premium gas, tires are decent to good, Runs well. Drove it from Chattanooga 70-75mph no problem. Regular wear and tear it is 36 years old! Planned to keep and fully restore but I'm never getting around to it!"

​​​​​​​

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/8/19 1:50 p.m.

Look close folks, this one is a turbo.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/19 2:26 p.m.

Oh, snap. I want that more than the E30 in the other thread.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/19 2:30 p.m.

Nope can't add to the fleet ... not gonna do it. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/8/19 2:33 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Look close folks, this one is a turbo.

I was about to ask why it burned premium gas.  

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Reader Services
10/8/19 2:42 p.m.

I'm here to peer pressure anyone who is thinking about buying it to buy it, but only because I'm not in a position to buy it myself.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/8/19 2:48 p.m.

I didn't even notice the Turbo badges. I just thought it was a good deal on a manual coupe. Being a Turbo makes it all the more interesting. Hope someone here gets it so I can buy it off of you later.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
10/8/19 5:57 p.m.

I hear 240's make great drift cars wink

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/8/19 5:59 p.m.

berkeley me running. That's not what I wanted to do today. I mean, it is, but dammit! 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/8/19 6:54 p.m.

Oh my!

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/19 7:59 p.m.

This is challenge glory waiting to happen.  

Aren't those wheels specific to the turbo's? My mom had a tan coupe for a while, really nice car.  Preferred it to the sedans. 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/8/19 8:54 p.m.

TGIIFAMDF...Thank Goodness It's In Florida And My Driveway's Full.  :)

Somebody buy this thing NOW!!!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/8/19 8:55 p.m.

In reply to grover :

The wheels also came on the "GLT" which had all the Turbo parts except the turbo itself. They are also the worst possible wheel for these cars, the offset rims bend way too easily. I was at the wheel straightening shop twice a year until I got Panasports on mine. Once in the 14 years sincesmiley

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/19 11:01 p.m.

Is, uhhh... somebody local that can check rust and overall drivability?

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
10/8/19 11:02 p.m.

My brother has one of these sitting in his garage, hasn't been driven in 20+ years. I think it is acting as a ladder rack right now.  The car had great brakes as I recall. As far as handling is was like driving a bank vault on radials.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/9/19 5:06 a.m.

I happen to be in the area on a family vacation. I might have to give American Airlines the ridged digit for the flight home.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
10/9/19 8:21 a.m.
grover said:

This is challenge glory waiting to happen.  

Aren't those wheels specific to the turbo's? My mom had a tan coupe for a while, really nice car.  Preferred it to the sedans. 

Volvo gives names to their wheels, and these are known as Virgos. But don't use them as a sign that a 240 is a Turbo, as they're a common swap on 240s. 

dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
10/9/19 4:43 p.m.

I'm not on Facebook, but if someone wants to get the seller's contact info, I will go take a look!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ncoEoB9IPjjkYwETJUWVjQKupNY4vosVIQPGMbeCj4eiOAdXlmC2JZfoRRFglk80