JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter)
JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/27/20 2:44 p.m.

Saw this for sale at a local gas station.  I know nothing about it other than it looks extremely clean and is an automatic.  Sign claims one owner and 75k miles.  The only rust I saw with a cursory inspection was under the rear mud flap.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/28/20 1:12 p.m.

Oh. I know where that is at. I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this. I have too many projects to keep me busy over the winter already. 

Yeah, I know where that is and I think I'm going to elect to ignore it as well.

What a cool looking car, though.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/29/20 6:26 a.m.

That dinosaur for sale?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/29/20 8:34 a.m.

So nobody has called to check on the price?  

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/20 9:40 a.m.

Does look really solid, but automatic is a deal killer for most of us. Article on the last page of Car & Driver, September 2020 is going to make many people start asking a lot more for solid examples of these cars.  Lots of cheap examples on Craigslist and Facebook, but many of these are projects or have rust issues. I would like to see what they are asking for this one as it looks pretty nice. But rust under the mudflap means much more serious rust in the bottom corner likely under that nice paint. 

JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter)
9/29/20 11:29 a.m.
914Driver said:

That dinosaur for sale?

I've threatened to take that and put it in my front yard.

JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter)
9/29/20 11:31 a.m.
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) said:

Oh. I know where that is at. I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this. I have too many projects to keep me busy over the winter already. 

Same here, and it's less than a mile from my house where I see it every day.  So yeah, hoping it goes away soon.  Good thing it's an automatic.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
9/29/20 12:25 p.m.

If it wasn't an automatic I'd be interested.  Maybe 40 minutes away from me

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 1:24 a.m.

I just saw the picture next to the magnum that is same color as my project maggie... Mag. looks HUGE next to it!

I liked 'em when they came out, but went with a CRX SI instead. Can't believe someone thought a slush box in that was a good plan!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 1:28 a.m.
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) said:

I know nothing about that car, but it makes my projects all look like junk... Oh, wait... mine ARE all junk. But I bet I'd sell 6 of mine, for less than the asking price of that one!

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
9/30/20 8:16 a.m.

Too far, automatic.  Else I end up with a 3rd one.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/30/20 8:55 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Mine aren't that bad but I have an Integra that needs a throw-out bearing that will get a whole clutch while I'm in there. An eagle summit that needs a good going through to setup as a RallyCross car. I need to finish the updating the miata I bought from Doc to get that on the track next year. Oh....And source a VK56 for my Xterra V8 Swap next year and get that all rebuilt and ready to go and the wiring harness squared away. So ummm yeah. I have a good winter's worth of projects. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 2:55 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) :

Fun, if you’re into it, torture if not!!!

JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter)
9/30/20 3:43 p.m.

The '86 MR2 my brother sold in 1994 looked worse than this one.  I was wondering about the difficulty of swapping in a manual, but decided I'd be better off not knowing.  The car is no longer on the lot, BTW.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ijnaAnnf0WrozvrmaWzdoHpDefw2uGeSswbluALgU4QehiR5vdWAGA1X2XAQH5Lz