Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/7/19 10:46 p.m.

Completely stock and very unmolested. Only modification is a header for more power. Starts, runs, drives, stops, etc. just fine. 5-speed manual 4x4. Everything works great except the dash lights don’t turn on sometimes. Great tires with full tread. No A/C (not equipped) but heat works great. Some rust in rear quarters but not bad, easy fix or just cover with diamond plate if you’re not worried about originality.

Clean Florida title in my name. 72,000 miles. Comes with two different tops, a cover for the cargo area and a folding back seat with all mounting hardware.

Located in Ormond Beach, Florida, and could easily give you a ride to it from the Challenge if you want a fun fly-n-drive.

Tom Suddard
10/7/19 10:48 p.m.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/8/19 6:51 a.m.

These things are so much fun!! Wish I had the funds, and space. Love to see what a Floridian thinks is rust on a Sammi. That's New England mint from what I can see. Just the pact that it appears to be in one all together piece tells me that much.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
10/8/19 7:24 a.m.

Ive wanted one of these for many years, but way too many projects. So cool. 

I was under the impression that a desirable zuk like that in stock form would go for more $$. 

Hopefully this ends up with a good enthusiast and not stereotypical “Florida man” to be destroyed like the rest of them. 

Tom Suddard
10/8/19 8:15 a.m.

Tom Suddard
10/8/19 8:19 a.m.

Tom Suddard
10/8/19 8:20 a.m.

Pictures are up!

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
10/8/19 9:06 a.m.

That is so full of awesome!!!

I'd want it, but Consumer Reports told me they would roll over if I turned a corner too hard.  WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
10/8/19 9:32 a.m.

What I remember from mine.

Drove it into the garage and had the engine out and on a stand in two hours with about ten tools, it was still warm.

If you could get one up to about 68 mph down hill they became silent, some weird noise canceling harmonics.

I got a speeding ticket in mine, seriously, shocked that I accelerated fast enough between stop lights.

Lots of fun.

I bought it with a rod knock, put an Autozone crank kit in it, painted the wheels then ran it for one summer.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/8/19 10:14 a.m.

These trucks are nose heavy, back in the day we were taught (by Suzuki) to use the extensions on the front but not the back to make it more secure. I was also told that the engine from the Zuki GTI would bolt up to the trans.  Never saw it done though there was one with a 2.0 Alfa engine around here a few years back.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/9/19 10:12 a.m.

In reply to purplepeopleeater :

Good luck finding a GTI engine.  

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/9/19 11:33 a.m.

ThT truck in rust country is worth about 5

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/9/19 11:38 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Didn't say it was feasible just possible! I was a Suzuki tech back then & I've had my eye out for a Zuk Gti  ever since. I recall seeing 2, one wasn't for sale & the other was rusty with a cracked head.

Tom Suddard
10/9/19 5:54 p.m.

Just sold it! 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/19 6:35 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

ThT truck in rust country is worth about 5

I couldn't get $5k for mine with a bunch of spares. No interest or they wanted to give me $1000. It's practically spotless, but not stock. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
10/10/19 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Some folks want the tin top, most dont.  I dig it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y5ECOIH6kc0R8BmlwDEiCgjs7LhvOFZuyCpG7zjdDibqqcRgLha9wtIjNcnxlZ9P