engiekev
engiekev Reader
7/15/19 10:21 a.m.

I purchased this VR4 in 2015 and have enjoyed it very much but the time has come to move on to other projects. Purchased from previous owner in Pennsylvania, it was originally a Virginia car and has been garage kept. The car is setup very well to keep in its current form, or add some simple modifications to get it moving quick.

*SOLD* Thanks for the interest!

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #637/1000 
99,400 Miles 
$6000 Or Best Offer 
Shipping: Buyer's Expense, can provide shipping contact 

Repairs done at 97,000 Miles (previous owner): 
Transmission Rebuilt 
-New Clutch 
-New Clutch Master, Clutch Slave Cylinder 
-New Clutch fulcrum ball and fork -Front control arms replaced, new front CV Axles 
Engine Rebuilt 
-New Timing belt, water pump, timing tensioner, oil pump, 
-New Small 16G Turbo 
-Fresh paint job in OEM Kensington Gray 

Repairs done at 97,000-99,000 Miles: 
-"EPROM ECU" socketed and capacitors replaced (ready for ECM Link engine management) 
-Oil change: engine, transmission, transfer case, rear differential 
-Windshield replaced 
-Shifter completely rebuilt with OEM bushings, shifter cable bronze bushings installed and shifter base steel bushings installed. Shifter adjusted
-Brake rotors and pads replaced (centric rotors, stop tech street pads), brakes bled 
-Tie Rod Ends, sway bar links, Alingment 

Modifications: 
-Hallman Manual Boost Controller (set to 12 psi for safe operation with factory fuel pump and injectors) 
-HKS Turbo Timer 
-Autometer Boost Gauge (can remove if requested) 
-3" Turbo Back exhaust Stainless Steel w/ Magnaflow muffler and resonator (no catalytic converter). O2 bung in place for wideband O2 with plug. 
-4-Bolt LSD Rear Differential modified to work with factory 4WS System 
-KYB AGX Shocks and Eibach prokit lowering springs 

Optional Add-Ons: 
-ECM Link V3 Engine Management with tune for current setup (tuned w/ Wideband O2) $400 

Known Issues: 

-AC does NOT work; condensor, lines are all in place but compressor was removed by prior owner. Compressor will be included in sale

-Sunroof does not work, it worked as of earlier this year, I have not investigated further
-Mirrors were not repainted as part of paint job, show clear coat peeling 
-Exterior blemishes: rock chips on side skirt, small dent in front fender and rear quarter (see pics) 
-Windshield trim is not installed but included 
-Burns some oil, about .5 qt per 1000mi
-Drivers side upper a-pillar missing  (tough to find!)
-Some surface rust on underbody 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
7/15/19 11:49 a.m.

Swwweeeeeet!!!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/15/19 12:28 p.m.

Ah I knew the previous owners of this car. I miss 376/2000. Hurricane took her away in Virginia.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/19 1:25 p.m.

neat, good luck with sale!

engiekev
engiekev Reader
7/15/19 2:22 p.m.
yupididit said:

Ah I knew the previous owners of this car. I miss 376/2000. Hurricane took her away in Virginia.

Oh neat! Do you mean Hans & Emilie?  They are the last owners before me, they did own a shop 3SWarehouse in PA. I heard it was in VA before that.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
7/15/19 3:53 p.m.

I have nothing to add but

HHHHNNNNGGGG

old_
old_ HalfDork
7/15/19 9:03 p.m.
BoostedBrandon said:

I have nothing to add but

HHHHNNNNGGGG

This

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/16/19 1:26 p.m.
engiekev said:
yupididit said:

Oh neat! Do you mean Hans & Emilie?  They are the last owners before me, they did own a shop 3SWarehouse in PA. I heard it was in VA before that.

Yeah I knew them. Can't say I was a fan of them personally lol

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
7/16/19 2:07 p.m.

I know this guy in real life. He’s a-ok!  I’ll vouch for him as a seller!

engiekev
engiekev Reader
7/16/19 3:06 p.m.

yupididit said:
engiekev said:
yupididit said:

Yeah I knew them. Can't say I was a fan of them personally lol

Hmm, well at least you knew them I guess!  

Thank you for the vouching Joey!

calteg
calteg Dork
7/16/19 3:20 p.m.

This is the easiest way to win Radwood

engiekev
engiekev Reader
7/17/19 9:12 a.m.
calteg said:

This is the easiest way to win Radwood

I wish I could hold onto it until Radwood Detroit!  We'll be taking our 1985 Montero instead, different kinda rad.

engiekev
engiekev Reader
7/30/19 11:30 a.m.

Still available! Reach out to me for more information.  I can take videos of cold start, driving , etc. if requested.

tdrrally
tdrrally HalfDork
7/30/19 11:46 a.m.

love those cars, want it very bad

engiekev
engiekev Reader
8/19/19 10:41 a.m.

Price drop, now $6000 Or Best Offer.   

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/19/19 12:40 p.m.

My mom bought a new 1990 Galant (uh, nonVR4 of course) when I was in 9th grade. I borrowed it for special occasions after I got my license in high school. First car I ever drove into triple digits. Man, I used to get the cold sweats just thinking about the VR4 version. free bump and GLWS!

engiekev
engiekev Reader
8/19/19 12:41 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

My mom bought a new 1990 Galant (uh, nonVR4 of course) when I was in 9th grade. I borrowed it for special occasions after I got my license in high school. First car I ever drove into triple digits. Man, I used to get the cold sweats just thinking about the VR4 version. free bump and GLWS!

Sweet! Was it a Galant GSX? Those were a strange offering, AWD but with the non-turbo 4G63, and without 4WS.

Here's the retro goodness motorweek review of the GSX and VR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLypJSWP2bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c7UCiAbqDk

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/23/19 9:50 p.m.

I’ve always wanted one of these, but if I buy another car, SWMBO would probably kill me. I don’t suppose you’d wanna trade for an e36 m3? Lol 

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/31/19 9:04 a.m.

There’s one parked in the back of a local garage for the last few months. I’ve tried to buy it, but they say it’s a customer car and not for sale.

Yours looks well-sorted. I’d expect it to sell quickly!

engiekev
engiekev Reader
9/11/19 9:10 a.m.

Car is sold, thanks for the interest!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IVbZ0FBTJWlYr2CCoQqTtp5aMVRlCzWAF5DDunqYMXWp2IJ462Y08axMRka1YLU3