1 2
agtxr7
agtxr7 New Reader
8/7/19 6:50 p.m.

1994 Mazda Miata for sale in Dayton OH.  133K miles, believed to be honest.  Has everything, needs most everything to be perfect, needs little to drive it most days.

The good:

Starts and runs no problem every day.  Everything there.  Functional modern radio.  Excellent heat and defrost.  Does not use oil or burn oil.  Newish top installed Sep 2015, no leaks.  Battery much fresher, last year I think.  Essentially all stock,  replaced struts all around and front sway bar bushings, muffler, many years ago.  Factory alloy wheels need a clean and polish.  Surprisingly good snow car.  Clear Ohio title.

The bad:  Heavily oxidized flat paint, except for right front fender where a large patch has just disappeared, leaving primer.  A/C has never worked consistently.  Ratty seats and carpet, mildly damaged dash pad.  Instrument plastic pod beautifully new and painfully noisy.  Sometimes a small oil leak underneath, probably an engine mainseal.

The ugly:  Tires so old I don't even know how old - at least since 2008.  Still hold air, still get me to work and other places.  Spent part of its life in Germany and Ohio, so mild rust.  Last look underneath revealed virtually no body rust, but a lot of fasteners and little bits that were originally bare metal are grisly.

The really good:  first $1000 owns it.  

agtxr7@hotmail.com or 254-423-6902

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/7/19 7:00 p.m.

Think it can make the drive to Atlanta?  If not, I could probably come get it.

Sent you a text, let me know if you didn't get it.  

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
8/7/19 7:34 p.m.

Sent a text too, if Klayfish doesn't grab it.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/19 7:38 p.m.

Oh good, it should be gone soon so i can ignore this.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
8/7/19 8:51 p.m.
EvanB said:

This is also my sentiment

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/8/19 5:52 a.m.

Yep, planning to grab this one.  But if anyone wants the running/driving $300 Miata I bought recently (which I intend this car to replace), we can talk. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/19 7:47 a.m.
clutchsmoke said:
EvanB said:

This is also my sentiment

Same here.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/8/19 7:53 a.m.

If Klayfish, Indy-Guy, EvanB, clutchsmoke, and AWSX1686 take a pass I am interested.  

That would make me guy #6 in line.  

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/8/19 3:49 p.m.
Klayfish said:

But if anyone wants the running/driving $300 Miata I bought recently (which I intend this car to replace), we can talk. 

Details? 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/19 5:24 p.m.

Put me 7th in line

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/8/19 5:49 p.m.
dan0 said:
Klayfish said:

But if anyone wants the running/driving $300 Miata I bought recently (which I intend this car to replace), we can talk. 

Details? 

I'm about to post it for sale.  I'm buying this one.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
8/8/19 5:53 p.m.

I'm out.....

You should have seen the look on Indy-wife's face when I discussed purchasing this.    Ooooof.

To her credit, she was cool with the fly-n-drive on the Jaaaaag (back in May)

Klayfish, if you need me to grab this, and/or assist with the transaction, let me know.  I can store it here until you get it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/8/19 7:07 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

You should have seen the look on Indy-wife's face when I discussed purchasing this.    Ooooof.

Not my wife.  I just didn’t tell her I was sixth, now fifth in line.  

Patrick
8/8/19 9:12 p.m.

Why do you guys discuss these things first?  You’re supposed to impulse buy then have them be surprised when another car shows up

chief8one
chief8one Reader
8/9/19 5:13 a.m.

text sent sorry for hour.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/19 8:10 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

I'm out.....

To her credit, she was cool with the fly-n-drive on the Jaaaaag (back in May)

Fairly sure that's about the same response I'd get, but I did just buy a car on Tuesday, and we are trying to buy a house... If it weren't for the house part, she probably wouldn't mind at all.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/16/19 6:50 a.m.

Car is still available.  It didn't work out for Klayfish apparently. Seller just contacted me to see if I am still interested.  Who's next in line?

TAC_Rx
TAC_Rx New Reader
8/16/19 7:50 a.m.

Put me in line as interested. I’m within easily driving it home distance. 

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/16/19 8:05 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Car is still available.  It didn't work out for Klayfish apparently. Seller just contacted me to see if I am still interested.  Who's next in line?

Yes.  Seller is a stand up guy, very straightforward.  Hope I don't horribly kick myself, but I'm passing simply because I decided I'd rather try to find a southern car that's got no surface rust at all...want to make it as easy for my son as possible.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/16/19 8:18 a.m.

I guess this makes me 9th(?) in line behind Patrick and TAC_Rx but I'm OK with that.

But yeah I'm in if everyone else bails.

Patrick
8/16/19 8:43 a.m.
AxeHealey said:

I guess this makes me 9th(?) in line behind Patrick and TAC_Rx but I'm OK with that.

waiting to hear back, i see a pain and work free rallycross ride, versus the q45 that keeps making more work.  

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/16/19 9:07 a.m.
Patrick said:
AxeHealey said:

waiting to hear back, i see a pain and work free rallycross ride, versus the q45 that keeps making more work.  

Yep. No brainer. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/19 9:37 a.m.

Ermagerd why hasn’t one of you cock-knockers bought this yet?

TAC_Rx
TAC_Rx New Reader
8/16/19 9:41 a.m.

I’m gonna opt out. Decided it was better improve upon the ‘95 I already have vs buying another car. (Wife likely agrees with this approach as well) 

very responsive seller and has a lot more pics upon request. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/16/19 10:23 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Ermagerd why hasn’t one of you cock-knockers bought this yet?

Patrick is actively trying, as far as I know.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2nX2C1Z99yBtAJFTO4OwV0X2zDI86218SHTHyYjp4adWp8ATnaY0sE1q73j7mo7Q