1 2 3 4
classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
6/16/19 6:08 a.m.

Yes it is. Haven't gotten a fresh tire on it yet but that's up next for me

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/8/19 9:30 a.m.

Tire will be re-mounted tonight. Don't need to keep this with me at the new house, need the space and cash more. Offer up!

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/9/19 7:50 a.m.

Let's change this up - $2018. 

Recoup "should" be easy with the wheels, millpoint interior, rear speakers with intact parcel shelf mounting points, and rear parcel shelf.

I also happen to know someone who will sell a quick ratio steering rack at a reasonable price..

I'm in house projects and wedding planning mode and don't need this sitting around taking up space and giving me ideas.

mikeonabikesmith
mikeonabikesmith New Reader
7/9/19 8:56 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

I am potentially interested in diving this back to CO. Can we get the current state of things and recent photos (or maybe everything from the first post is unchanged?)
Thanks,

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/19 9:02 a.m.

goddamn it kid, you're killing me with this price drop!   alas, i'm busier than a tomcat with two peckers, so it's not in the cards for me.   but i can say after spending much time under this car (i inspected it when PO bought it, and introduced Mr Jackets to PO some months later), that it is rust-free and structurally sound underneath.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/9/19 10:00 a.m.

I'll write something up and get some more pictures (and video?) This afternoon/evening. A few problems have since been fixed, a few more still need looking at. Primarily, I'd want to drain/re-fill and re-bleed the cooling system, especially before a trip like that!

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/9/19 9:23 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

It's killing me too. But it's costing me insurance and I'm not driving it so it's gotta go!

Okay, status..

What works well: 

Driver's window, sunroof, cruise control, all wipers Front + rear, Rear defrost, heat, trans shifts great, passenger door speakers are always good

What doesn't:

Passenger window doesn't work, and falls down during a drive. (you can tape it back up, but I don't). Allegedly needs glass out of a 318TI. The regulator is new, but the window still comes off track.

Driver's door panel is off again. I had it on for a while but it just didn't seat right, so i pulled it back off. 

Radio is great, driver's side speakers are intermittent and rear speakers are never on (but they are there, and they're actually black, not dyed)

Start-up requires a weird jiggle of the throttle. EFI so doesn't make a ton of sense? 

Exhaust still has a slight noise, but the smell associated is gone - that was the heat shield in the trans tunnel sagging onto the exhaust. 

Slight noise at the front end as well - I've assumed it's just exhaust puttering but haven't investigated that much in all honesty.

MAIN: Still running a little warm. I'm expecting/hoping that the cause of this is that somehow or another I've been unable to bleed it correctly. Alternately I'll check out the thermostat and make sure it's put in the right orientation. 

I think that's really the most of it. Lots else has been covered in previous posts. Tons of new parts. I'll try to get some pictures in the morning, sorry I didn't get them today. Aesthetically not a ton has changed.

Even though the front shocks could probably stand to be replaced, it drives fantastic. Pulls strong and corners great - not that I have much of a basis for comparison, but it feels light and quick for 130hp. Love it and wish I really could keep it.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/11/19 5:18 p.m.

New wiper arm:

Headlight aligning bolts (inner side, this picture is facing down on the top of the headlight) are missing

"Rust" on rear wheel arches - almost not noticeable in person.

And driver's side rear Jack Pad - arguably rustiest portion of the car. Still not bad.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
8/6/19 8:21 p.m.

Guys. Bring me some cash, I have more fun (and other more responsible) things to spend this on

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
8/14/19 7:49 p.m.

Still here. Ordered a new thermostat and gasket today just in case, I'll swap that out early next week and look for any change..

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
8/26/19 12:42 p.m.

Hey all. Learned the likely exhaust leak is because this car has early headers, which are weird based on BMW supplier issues - car does include a later manifold, though! This one is not prone to leaks. I am unlikely to be the one to install this part, as i don't want to risk snapping exhaust studs in the head. I am tracking down my perceived vacuum leak this week, and hopefully getting the fan on a switch as well. Then, should be (more) dd'able! Offer me cash, please!

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
9/10/19 1:36 p.m.

Cash offers, anyone? Much prefer cash to this driveway ornament - haven't been able to get out and drive it much in the last few weeks

disturbedfan121
disturbedfan121 New Reader
9/14/19 6:27 p.m.

damn if you weren't so far away I would really be interested in this. but im in NJ lol

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
10/31/19 8:10 p.m.

Hey, anyone interested? Still want this gone. Could be a good radwood contender, and you have instant recoup on wheels + tires + interior. Already comes with spare manifold, switch for the fans, and upgrade steering rack and front suspension. 

Trades for normal cars that I can sell??

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
11/7/19 12:11 p.m.

Hey guys, seriously - share this? Buy it? Your call..

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
11/8/19 10:30 a.m.

I just bought a 318Ti last saturday.  Mine is far worse shape, but it's impressive how fun it is to drive.  Feels like a Miata with a roof.

GLWS

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
11/18/19 1:18 p.m.

Starts immediately every time. Someone please come drive this out of my life and hand me cash.

elhartspeedshop
elhartspeedshop New Reader
11/18/19 3:03 p.m.

Does this have a M42 or M44?

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
11/18/19 3:33 p.m.

In reply to elhartspeedshop :

M42

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
12/2/19 3:24 p.m.

Bi-weekly bump, buy me please

Benjamin_Casto
Benjamin_Casto New Reader
12/11/19 3:11 p.m.

Hello,

im sure the answer to this is in this thread somewhere but, where is the car located? I am interested.

501-541-3464

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/19 9:58 a.m.

In reply to Benjamin_Casto :

approximately Oak Park MI 48237, a suburb of Detroit.  Fly into DTW, drive home.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
1/27/20 6:36 p.m.

Bump. $1750?

Getting married, didn't re-register this. Still doing about the same as before, except I removed the wiring for the amps so now the speakers don't work (haha - only front 2 were hooked up, anyway).

Great, awesome project - show up with a new fan/switch. The pigtail from the temp switch that would normally command the fan on (if it worked) had a wire pull out.  Still runs, still will probably run hot if you are stopped for a period of time. Noticed this week the passenger brake light is out.

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
1/27/20 7:24 p.m.

I hate that this is still for sale. If hadn't bought my Saab C900 project early last year this would have already migrated to my driveway. Sadly there's just no room. Someone really needs to buy this car.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/11/20 10:37 a.m.

$1600, for the love of Berkeley come get this outta my driveway. Drive it home if it's not snowy, or drive it onto a trailer and haul it.

Is this not radwood???

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TeasNJsY9opQslKC0L64BBmWCAP0zJI0D9uSiA5FcbpL6uiAdVhkwiun6zCsuEOK