1 2
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/14/21 5:13 p.m.

SOLD

I was going to wait until the weather got better to put this up for sale, but I just put a deposit down on another vehicle, so it would be handy to have some extra space.  This is Curtis73's old car, after we did some bodywork and mechanical repair to it.  Drove it from Ohio to Gainesville, did about as well as you can expect a B-body to autocross on 300TW tires, ran a 14.7 in the quarter mile, and drove back north just fine.  I've been driving it a bit since then, but have too many irons in the fire, so it's time to go.

Lowered, 4.10 rear gears, a cold air intake, and a tuned ECM. Front seats are still as bad as they were when I bought it, I just put some cheap covers on them.  Has 152K miles on it now.  Tires only have around 3K on them.  Lots of little issues, none that keep it from being drivable.  Biggest annoyance is the flexplate may be slightly bent/damaged, so the starter does not always catch on the first try.  Never kept me from getting it going, though.

Pic from the fall after the challenge, when I added a spacer to give it a little rake:

Please note the paint job on the driver's door and fender are not a perfect match, those are the panels we replaced and painted. 

As it sits now:

From the challenge:

Includes a bunch of spare ignition parts I bought for the trip to the challenge, just in case, and a spare serpentine belt, plus whatever other spares I can dig up. I think I have some spare headlight assemblies, (not that it needs them), and an air ride pump from a Roadmaster if you want to convert it to rear air suspension.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/14/21 5:52 p.m.

Oh yeah, if someone wants this to take back to the challenge, I'd be happy to try to work something out.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
2/14/21 6:39 p.m.

Man that is a killer Deal! 

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/14/21 9:17 p.m.

Good luck with sale! Glad the timing isn't right for me so I am not tempted. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/15/21 12:43 a.m.

That is a great price. I’m not in the market, and your prolly too far to care about any of my non running projects!

Just courios though, what kinda mileage did it get with that 4:10 in it?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/15/21 6:29 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I don't know about around town, but on the highway, it's getting 18-19 MPG.

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/21/21 1:58 p.m.

Step son is interested

Please reach out to racingcomputers@ yahoo

Thanks

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/21/21 5:40 p.m.
RacingComputers said:

Step son is interested

Please reach out to racingcomputers@ yahoo

Thanks

Sent a reply - I'm on yahoo, too, so PMs don't work for me either.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/22/21 9:35 a.m.

That's an amazing deal! You could bring that to Atlanta and double your money. I would be on my way if you weren't 8 hours away. I loved my Roadmaster, and always wanted the real-deal SS. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/22/21 9:53 a.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

That's an amazing deal! You could bring that to Atlanta and double your money. I would be on my way if you weren't 8 hours away. I loved my Roadmaster, and always wanted the real-deal SS. 

Yeah, I figured since I got such a good deal, I'd offer it at a good price on the GRM board.  Although, I suspect Atlantans might freak out over the rust. laugh  I'm on vacation next week, so I will likely put it up for sale locally at a higher price, but would rather it goes to another GRMer.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/22/21 10:20 a.m.

Man, I tried really hard to ignore this thing for so long when Curtis had it for sale 20 minutes up the road from me. You'd think it would get easier now that the car is a state away, but no. Something about these big old road sofas calls to me, but unfortunately my parking situation isn't conducive to adding a B body sized vehicle. Killer price, hope to see it stay in the GRM family.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/21 11:46 a.m.

I'm so glad my former car can bring joy to so many others.  I also can vouch for Tim being an awesome and honest guy.  So glad he bought it.

Somebody buy it!  Patrick... it's close by... and cheap.... you should get it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/23/21 8:30 a.m.

Hmm.  I've been looking for a highway cruiser, this wasn't what I had in mind but maybe this would be a fun idea.  PM me pictures of all the worst bits?

EDIT: Just read that they don't work for you.  Post that rust!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/23/21 8:50 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Here's the ones that Curtis posted in his for sale thread.   It hasn't really had a chance to get much worse, as I've only driven it a few times since the salt hit the ground in Ohio

Impala pics

2/23/21 10:40 a.m.

I will second that.  When I took those pictures, I found zero spots that were questionable.  Put it this way - any rust remediation that one would do under there would amount to cleaning/coating, but there is nowhere that needed welding.  Just surface crusties.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/23/21 10:52 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I will second that.  When I took those pictures, I found zero spots that were questionable.  Put it this way - any rust remediation that one would do under there would amount to cleaning/coating, but there is nowhere that needed welding.  Just surface crusties.

Except the rear fenders smiley  The car is "rust belt clean"

RACEC4R
RACEC4R New Reader
2/23/21 12:10 p.m.

Does the AC work Tim?  I didn't see that specifically stated in the ad.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/23/21 12:30 p.m.
RACEC4R said:

It was in October, I think Curtis did have to top it off at some point, though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/23/21 2:53 p.m.

How annoying is cruising at 80+mph with the 4.10s?

wae
wae UberDork
2/23/21 3:09 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I don't know what it's like inside the car, but when you're following behind it sounds amazing.  Especially in a tunnel.  laugh

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/23/21 3:20 p.m.

Don't know about 80, but at 75, it was fine to me.  It's not quiet at that speed, between the gear noise and the wind noise, but the 12 hour drive back to Ohio after the challenge was fine to me.  Biggest annoyance was the lack of cruise control - I haven't taken the time to try to check/fix the wiring for it in the steering column.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/23/21 3:28 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Thanks- I'll need to fix the cruise control if I get it, the whole plan would be to cross the country and come back, camping the whole way.  Have to think about whether this is the car I want for that.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/23/21 3:48 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Ahh, looking for the next adventure-mobile?

2/23/21 4:12 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
RACEC4R said:

It was in October, I think Curtis did have to top it off at some point, though.

Complete A/C system replaced (compressor, accumulator, expansion valve, with flush) about 5 years ago with minimal use on it by me.  As of when I sold it, it was working great.  I honestly forget if I had to top it off or not.

Edit:  I think I recall it was working at the Challenge, right Tim?

2/23/21 4:18 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Don't know about 80, but at 75, it was fine to me.  It's not quiet at that speed, between the gear noise and the wind noise, but the 12 hour drive back to Ohio after the challenge was fine to me.  Biggest annoyance was the lack of cruise control - I haven't taken the time to try to check/fix the wiring for it in the steering column.

IIRC, 2300 rpms or so on the highway?  It's a 0.70:1 OD with 27" tires

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t0S3Js7KiDu3SvCK9EynEr7Eyb5SrPiPW1uEEPhXor96r1o9YmWzk0PDBnAAPCNR