Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/19 2:57 p.m.

1997 legacy L wagon. AWD

good:  not always a NE ohio car so not a rotbox - has some rust but way more presentable than most sub $1000 cars. Taller outback springs and struts.  Outback leather seats and door cards.  EJ22 Runs awesome.  Forester 5 spoke 16” steelies.  Hot heat.  Right around 160k

Bad:  needs RR caliper, pads are gone(literally no pads on RR and she drove it for 5 months like that).  Tires 5 years old.  Rebuilt title.  Probable y pipe replacement forthcoming.  CEL for evap leak and liftgate handle needs replacement.

basically I gave my cousin $700 because she always needs money, then I spent $100 on 4 rotors and pads, and haven’t done anything because it’s cold.  I will eat the cost of the brakes and take $700.  Tow it or bring a RR caliper and fix it in my driveway.  

Valley City Ohio 44280

pics coming shortly 

save me from myself before i do something like put on mud tires, a roof basket, and all the driving lights.

wae
wae SuperDork
3/23/19 3:10 p.m.

On the one hand, it doesn't make any sense for me to buy a wagon.

On the other hand, all those Neon parts would easily fit in the back...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/23/19 3:28 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it 

Patrick
3/23/19 3:32 p.m.
wae said:

On the one hand, it doesn't make any sense for me to buy a wagon.

On the other hand, all those Neon parts would easily fit in the back...

Backup rallycrosser

wae
wae SuperDork
3/23/19 4:43 p.m.

Weirdly, it would be the 4th 97 model year car on my driveway...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/23/19 5:45 p.m.

I'm racking my brain wondering if I know anyone who needs this.

Being a 2.2L makes this super desirable for its reliability. 

Patrick
3/23/19 6:56 p.m.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
3/23/19 7:36 p.m.

Does it come with the extension ladder? I’m going to need one of those. 

Patrick
3/23/19 7:40 p.m.

*ladder not included

Patrick
3/23/19 8:35 p.m.
wae said:

Weirdly, it would be the 4th 97 model year car on my driveway...

If you buy it, i’ll be down to 1 90’s vehicle in the driveway, and that’s good because then when the impala is gone everything but the 02 wrx and the pair of ‘16 dailies will be 1941-1972

Patrick
3/29/19 12:13 p.m.

I will throw in new $200 westlake tires(bought for this car) for $100 more or i will take $600 for car with the new brake parts.  Below that i’ll do something stupid.  I don’t want to do something stupid.  

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/29/19 1:14 p.m.

Am I missing what the transmission is?  With a bit of work would you trust it to be a college car for a girl?

Patrick
3/29/19 2:30 p.m.

Automatic.  Yes i would,  my cousin used it for her last year of college and it never failed her except when she didn’t bother putting rear brakes on it and kept driving, and it still technically never failed, it just didn’t stop well.  It runs great and has hot heat and shifts very well.    I think she delivered subs for jimmy johns.  

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
4/15/19 8:02 p.m.

I've been searching for a non-project but also not-too-nice DD for a while and this ticks all of the boxes... except location.

Patrick
4/15/19 8:19 p.m.

Yeah, it’s not project(once brakes are done) and runs like a top, but you’re a good bit away.  

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/21/19 8:26 p.m.

I may need this. 

I think my son just blew his timing belt on his ZX-3. Needs basic transportation. 

I will know more tomorrow. 

Patrick
4/25/19 7:32 a.m.

Soul’ed

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qzv4KzwN98CaIw0cySHFkyHm76kZdtnRsneL6rcxx83scoYQCoBTfjTFLQ1bxuI2