DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
12/19/19 1:52 p.m.

Up for sale is a 1999 BMW M3 Coupe. The exterior color is Technoviolet Pearl and the interior is Dove. 

I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle. The car started it's life in Salt Lake City, UT before being purchased by a friend of mine who put a majority of the miles and modifications to this car. I purchased the car from that friend close to two years ago and I have slowly been working to restore this car back to it's original beauty. Unfortunately I won't have the opportunity to finalize that project as I'm taking a job that requires me to relocate. 

The car wasn't in terrible shape when I received it, in fact, mechanically it's rock solid. A lot of the issues with the car were aesthetic and that's been my main concentration while I've had the car. 

Year: 1999

Model: M3 Coupe

Exterior Color: Technoviolet Pearl

Interior Color: Dove

Miles: 155,xxx

Title: Clean FL title in hand

Asking Price: $10,000 OBO

I received the car with these modifications already installed:

- Z3 Intake Boot

- M50 Intake swap

- Secondary Air Delete

- Active Autowerks Catback

- Hard bushings in the rear trailing arms

- BAV Sound 3 Way Speakers

- Pioneer Head Unit

- Bilstein Shocks with H&R Springs

- Aluminum Radiator

- Water Pump

- Guibo

- Custom Front Belly pan

- 8.5 inch M Contours square wheel setup (Soccer Balls) 

- Newer Clutch

- Shift Pin Detents

- Stainless Steel Brake Lines

- New Drive Shaft Center Bearing

I've performed the follow upgrades/repairs/modifications to the vehicle:

- New headliner installed by Lane Dickey Upholstery in Longwood, FL

- Newly re-upholstered front seats by Lane Dickey Upholstery in Longwood, FL

- Newly re-upholstered steering wheel by Lane Dickey Upholstery in Longwood, FL

- Fancywide Rear Diffuser

- Depot Glass headlights with The Retrofit Source FXR Bi-xenon projectors, Morimoto 35w ballast, and Morimoto 5000k D2S Bulbs.

- New BMW Roundels on both the hood and trunk. 

- Replaced a broken set of kidney grills with an Amazon set. This isn't my proudest moment but it's holding up for the time being. 

- New driver's inner door handle

- It also got a new shift and e-brake boot from Redline Goods; however, they quickly faded and would not recommend them for any future purchase due to their horrible customer service and support (also had issues with the armest cover fitting as you can tell by the pictures) 

- Removed old window tint and removed remaining glue left behind. 

Pros:

- The car still runs very well. I daily drive it every other week (I need to give my S2000 love too). 

- A/C Blows Cold

- The sunroof works

- The windows work

- The sound system is excellent - it even has a USB port!

- It's technoviolet, it gets attention everywhere, good and bad. 

- It has a lot of modifications to make it a solid daily or track car depending on what route you want to take it on. 

Cons (I feel like there are more than pros but that's just me being anal retentive about things): 

- The car has a few dings and scrapes around the body. The most heavily affected area is the trim piece in-between the front bumper and hood that holds the kidney grills in place. It looks like it was stuck behind a machine throwing rocks at the car for a while. 

- The drivers interior door panel isn't really held on well. I have a kit that came with metal replacement tabs that should fix this problem; however, I haven't had the time to install them. 

- The shift and e-brake boots look like crap. 

- The armrest doesn't match the rest of the interior.

- The airbag light is on after getting the steering wheel re-upholstered. 

- The power-steering rack is leaking. It's not bad but if you get under the car, there is residue on  part of the steering linkage. 

- I AM REPLACING THE STARTER

- It has the glovebox sag that every single E36 has. 

- It has some defects you would expect a 20 year old german car to have. 

All and all it's a solid and reliable car. Somethings are worn out and need to be replaced, other things are just off because it's 20 year old German plastic. I really don't want to get rid of this car, especially after getting the interior partially done. It's beautiful even with it's defects and it is an absolute BLAST to drive. 

I am pretty firm on the price. I will entertain all offers; but, please be reasonable. I'm also not looking for any trades as I need to downsize my fleet due to the relocation mentioned above. 

If you give me what I'm asking for I'll include a few extras such as:

- LTW High Rise Wing (ebay knock off) that needs paint

- The original headlights and foglights 

- An extra drivers side window motor and regulator

TL;DR: Lots of mods, needs some works, still goes vroom, A/C works well

I will be uploading some more pictures ASAP. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
12/19/19 2:03 p.m.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
12/19/19 3:40 p.m.

Beautiful car. I love Technoviolet?? My coworker had a 97 or so M3 sedan in this color with black interior and Dinan go fast parts. She dropped it off at a local shop for some repairs and while it was there a flat bed driver pulled into the lot, jumped out with the truck still in gear and it destroyed the M3. Sad day, and she really misses it. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
12/19/19 3:57 p.m.

Back in the late 90's when I was a teenage gearhead, the guy I used to buy my car audio stuff from had one of these in the exact same color combo. It was striking to say the least. It really is the best color combo for the E36 M3. GLWS!!!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/19/19 4:16 p.m.

Bloody hell. This is the car I've wented for a while. Let's see if it's still around after I get crap sorted out.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/19/19 4:40 p.m.

Very very nice. 

I doubt they will accept it with a $10k reserve, but might be worth trying BAT. These cars do well there. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
12/19/19 8:29 p.m.
Slippery said:

Very very nice. 

I doubt they will accept it with a $10k reserve, but might be worth trying BAT. These cars do well there. 

Yea I contemplated offering it up to the BAT lords. After I get some nice pictures of it this weekend, I'll put it on there. Can't be any worse than the FB marketplace offers lol. 

former520
former520 HalfDork
12/20/19 12:40 a.m.

This is a beautiful car.  I see these being worth big money in not too many years.  

murmur
murmur New Spammer
12/20/19 9:08 a.m.

Think your car is worth its money [especially if carries a canoe.]  wish you to sell it quicker.  

ebelements
ebelements Reader
12/20/19 9:24 a.m.

Best color combo by a mile. Price seems fair. BAT is likely the best option, cash in on the radwood craze while it's hot!

Twistytee
Twistytee
12/31/19 11:49 p.m.

Hi. Interested in receiving more info on this M3. Please contact me at 74zamm at gmail with details. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
1/3/20 4:44 p.m.

Still available?

What tires are on those soccer balls?

Twistytee
Twistytee New Reader
1/4/20 7:14 p.m.

I guess this sold?

loudes13
loudes13 New Reader
1/12/20 7:18 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

I'd be interested in trading if we could agree on extra cash.

https://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?66052-FS-95-Miata-R-K20-Swap-*Deviate*-(IL)&highlight=Deviate

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
1/21/20 1:20 a.m.
Twistytee said:

I guess this sold?

Still available. 

Twistytee
Twistytee New Reader
1/21/20 9:19 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
Twistytee said:

I guess this sold?

Still available. 

Ok - new here and the forum isn't allowing me to PM.  Please send an email to 74zamm at gmail so I can contact you.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
1/29/20 12:39 p.m.

*BUMP*

Dropping price to $9500 OBO. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
2/12/20 5:52 p.m.

One last bump for any GRMer who makes a decent offer, I'll let this go. After this weekend I'm probably going to put it on BoT

cdygrubbs
cdygrubbs New Reader
2/12/20 9:17 p.m.

Man, this thing is tempting. Such a nice m3! GLWS

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uJCzrCxJ3T5nh8KGlMYvGartd5XEsboW4LfU4nmrePll2Kl4dAUUTgP3qBjkHtKy