greenfieldhippi
greenfieldhippi New Reader
12/31/19 12:00 p.m.

Well after a long decision making process I've decided it may be time to sell or trade my 2 Ford Focus SVTs. I got them as a potential 2k challenge but have found my new contender and just rather put time and money into it instead of either of these. 

The black one is a 2002 3 door with a little over 171k miles. It runs and drives but I believe it needs a cam swap. It is throwing both an over advanced and over retarded code which I think is due to the reluctor wheel being broken when a previous owner swapped the cam. Other than that it needs a little bit of electrical work done there is a severed wire in the engine bay that seems to be to the temp sensor. There are also a few old cracked hoses. It does however have a factory Ford roof rack that uses the ignition key that is pretty cool. The a/c works and there's a Bluetooth radio but noting special. The interior is in fair condition. 

The silver one is a 2004 5 door with currently unknown mileage though when I bought it the previous owner says it had around 120-140k miles. It does not run. The previous owners husband started to do a clutch pad replacement and never got around to finishing it after they went through a messy divorce is what I was told so theoretically it could be re assembled and would run. It currently sits in pretty rough shape through, the engine is hanging by a 4x4 and chain. There a ton of of good parts on it though and using the silver one you could easily completely fix the black one. Or try to get them both going up to you. The interior is a little rough but I think everything is there. The windows are bagged as the car had the windows down when it was left to sit but the windows are there. 

I'd like $2000 but would probably go a few hundred lower especially if you threw in a few 6 ton jack stands.

For trades I'm looking for a reasonable condition turbo 240 or a rough but running e30. Though I may be open to other trades as well.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
12/31/19 5:13 p.m.

Wait, you've got that Saab pick up I was tempted to buy a while ago?  How's it doing?

greenfieldhippi
1/2/20 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish :

Just finished a goodbit of rust prevention and overall replacement of old components along with the back deck. It's running great you can go check out my rallyx build thread I've got going but I havent updated it in a while.

greenfieldhippi
1/5/20 10:42 a.m.

Bumb $1650 for both. 

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
1/5/20 10:55 a.m.

Christ, whish I lived near Texas.

greenfieldhippi
1/5/20 10:21 p.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

I'm happy to help tow up to 100 if it helps :) also both are rust free.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/20 7:54 a.m.
  1. Fly to TX
  2. Spend a few days in your carport stripping the silver car, fixing the black car,  then loading parts into the black car.
  3. Drive home

What could possibly go wrong?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/6/20 10:08 a.m.

I just need a spare engine now.....dont think I can hide 1 much less 2 cars from the wife.....

greenfieldhippi
1/7/20 10:54 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

I'd personally love to help you get the black one up to par :)

greenfieldhippi
1/27/20 12:34 p.m.

Bump $1500, I'd also take an e36 or early 2000s VW Golf or a 2004-06 WRX roller. Pretty soon here I'm going to be fixing the black one (within the next 2ish weeks) I'll update then. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1LIMrNG8gR7PJsmGNclOzhmoXNeUM5ywgY4Jol2cEg8Oc2QQ0KByYQS2X9fepMgt