orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/21/19 2:36 p.m.

Like a few other posts up in here, it's time to sell on a few things to make room in the shop and perhaps acquire something new.

So on to the details.  Up for sale is my 2001 Blazer.  I completed the swap in early 2018.  It came out well, it's just not what I wanted.  The vehicle is clean -- I have owned it since new.  It has 130k miles on it.  Has always been garage (or shop!) kept and been in Texas since new........no rust!

Engine that went in is from a 2006 Silverado with approximately 70k miles on it.  To that engine I added a Trailblazer SS intake.  For the swap I opened up the book from Current Performance and used all of their parts:

Engine mounts
Radiator/dual fan/A/C assembly
Shorty headers, ceramic coated
Wiring harness
Reprogrammed ECU (has a base tune, could use a little extra attention)
Kwik Performance accessory brackets
"short" or Corvette mounting (keeps accessories close to engine)
New A/C hoses

Exhaust is dual 2.5" leading into a single Flowmaster muffler with a 3" outlet.

Needs:

Struts for rear hatch
new tires (one tire has a slow leak at the sidewall)
water pump replaced (current one is weepy and noisy, brand new one is included)

For full asking price I have a new in box set of 17 x 9 American Racing wheels that will go with the truck.  Check out the pics below and let me know if there are questions.

As I said initially, cleaning out the shop...in the coming weeks I'll be relisting my Fiero and a project Puma.

Price for the Blazer:  $8k.  Very motivated to sell this on to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have over the years.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/21/19 3:08 p.m.

That looks pretty dang sweet. What engine was it? (4.8, 5.3, 6.0?) Any ideas on HP and performance? I'd love to see pics of the interior. It's a long shot but I'm looking for a wagon/suv ...

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/21/19 3:12 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

It's the 5.3....shoulda mentioned that!  I'll put up pics later this evening of the interior.  It is in very good condition.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/19 3:29 p.m.

Looks awesome and well done, and a very fair price especially given texas there is probably no rust anywhere.  Good luck!

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
5/21/19 3:59 p.m.

Logged in, but can't see the pics for some reason?

slomaro2
slomaro2 New Reader
5/21/19 4:29 p.m.

I can't see them either. 

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/21/19 4:46 p.m.

Thanks for the feedback -- will get the links fixed.......the broken link does actually forward to the pics in my google photos account......so in the interim you can click through on the broken icon to see stuff (I think, checked it through my work account and no google login).

It's been a few days since I've been on the forum......any link to how to get things to show up?  TBH I tried using the image button above but got no joy.  Dragging and dropping from google to here seemed to work....but doesn't for ROW apparently sad

thx,

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/21/19 4:49 p.m.

Pics work for me on phone and computer.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/21/19 6:55 p.m.

Updated and added pics of the interior.  Dash has an aftermarket gauge background that I got from my wife.  I also have the stock gauge background and will be a part of the sale.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/22/19 6:24 a.m.

Pictures aren't showing up for me.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
5/22/19 6:55 a.m.

Where was this built?  Just curious...I worked in Linden final assembly back in 2001 and may have seen this Blazer off the end of the assembly line.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/22/19 7:29 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

You may have! This was built in NJ, delivered to me in Dec 2000.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/19 8:12 a.m.

Android phone and chrome. No pictures.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/22/19 8:38 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605, Floating Doc:

Third time's gotta be the charm, right.....RIGHT?????!!111!!11 

laugh

re-re-re-uploaded stuff................................................

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/19 9:31 a.m.

Working now. Nice color.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/22/19 10:10 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

Working now. Nice color.

Thanks!  For 20 year old GM paint it is still quite passable.  No disappearing clear coat :-)

volvoclearinghouse
5/22/19 10:46 a.m.
orphancars said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

You may have! This was built in NJ, delivered to me in Dec 2000.

I recall these eXtreme trucks.  Basically a stickers n tape package, and typical GM they went about 85% of the way.  Still, I always thought they were attractive little trucklets.  I once drove a fire-red 2 door, like yours but with the 4.3 V6 and a 5 speed.  It would chirp tires in first through 3rd.  i can imagin how fun they'd be with a V8.

We had some wind noise issues with these trucks; on a bunch of them I shoved a little clay ball down the A-pillar to seal out leaks.  If you remove the A pillar plastic cover (it just snaps on) and see a little ball of clay down where the A pillar intersects the dash....that was me.  ;-)

Wife had one of these, 4x4 in black (non-eXtreme).  We ran it up to 170k and then gave it to her brother, who's still driving it.  Biggest issue was all the interior plastic bits degraded, rattled, and squeaked as they rubbed together.  

volvoclearinghouse
5/22/19 10:49 a.m.
dculberson said:

That looks pretty dang sweet. What engine was it? (4.8, 5.3, 6.0?) Any ideas on HP and performance? I'd love to see pics of the interior. It's a long shot but I'm looking for a wagon/suv ...

We got rid of ours after kid #1.  That back seat is fully consumed by a single car seat, and it's a real bother to access.  

I had a Mercedes 300TD around the same time, and we discovered it had more interior volume than her Jimmy.  

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/23/19 11:40 p.m.

That’s a cool blazer.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
5/24/19 7:14 p.m.

Bumping for the start of the weekend.  Bring a trailer and an offer

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
6/1/19 11:02 p.m.

SOLD!!!