mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
9/22/19 4:20 p.m.

For sale - 2001 Subaru Legacy GT Limited sedan.  176,xxx miles.  2.5L 4-cylinder, automatic.  We've owned this car since ~2003, and have maintenance records.  Big stuff I remember - all four wheel bearings have been done, somewhere between the 120k and 150k mile mark.  Timing belt has been done twice.  I did the water pump once, when I also changed the head gaskets, which was done in the car, due to an external oil leak.  I've also replaced several CV axle boots, but not the axles themselves.  Tires are a couple of years old, wearing evenly with a lot of tread depth remaining.  Interior is in nice shape for a car this age.  Bonus: the 6-disc changer is not ejecting the discs, so I hope you enjoy Tesla, Dio, Rush and Zeppelin.

The bad: Right front caliper is frozen, and all rotors are rusty.  Check engine light is on.  There's an exhaust leak from the center donut flange thing.  Dented front driver's door (thanks, MIL) and rusted holes above both rear wheel arches.  And, I have the car in FWD mode... I got a code a couple of years ago that the duty transfer solenoid was faulty in the transfer case.  I have a door from the junkyard you can have, but its blue and the car is black.

Reason for sale: its pretty used up..  Perhaps you want a fix and flip project, or rallycross car?  How's $500 or make me an offer.  This needs to leave my driveway soon.   Dutchess County, NY

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
9/28/19 1:00 p.m.

Bump.  Pretty soon we will take a ride to the junkyard...

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/19 8:57 p.m.

I need a cheap winter car, with an emphasis on CHEAP if I can’t sell my Z4. PM sent

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
10/11/19 4:59 p.m.

Email replied to

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
10/26/19 6:30 a.m.

Bump for a winter beater

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
11/21/19 6:23 p.m.

Last call.  Pretty sure we're going to the scrapper this weekend.  

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/21/19 6:40 p.m.

Deleted my post, until I sell the current winter beater I’m in no position to consider another.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
11/21/19 7:36 p.m.

Its been sitting since the summer, moving only to get out of the way when I mow.  I'd really suggest doing all four rotors and pads, and the right front caliper.  On the bright side, you can turn up Dio to 11 and drown out the exhaust leak noise..... 

The interior is still in good shape, motor runs great, but the rest of the things needed to get it stickered in New York exceed its value to me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cHwtTBhLCqJ6ki2PjAT4CJyo718ueFWyTZWRLv77A3428QEGWpc16l4a6j09Jjtl