1 2
pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/13/19 7:27 p.m.

I am selling this 2002 jaguar x type.  My buddy got it as a trade in and didn't want to mess with it since it's a stick shift.  The car only has 82k miles.  It drives very nicely and has no check engine lights.  The A/C works as does the heat.

No rust. Based on the country club stickers and the address on the previous owners registration it come from the affluent area of town.

It is a manual AWD car with the larger 3.0 6 cylinder engine.

I will get some better interior pictures later this week.  The drivers seat has two small tears in the leather and I am dropping the seat off tomorrow at the  upholstery shop to be repaired. 

How does $3000 sound for a Grm'er.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
1/13/19 7:49 p.m.

Aw man, ya gotta do this to me now AFTER Christmas just ended. 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
1/13/19 8:03 p.m.

Sounds like a great buy! 

If I remember correctly, these were a classed up Ford Contour? 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/19 8:51 p.m.

Dang, I didn’t know they made an AWD with MT.  That’s pretty crisp!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/19 7:17 a.m.

If that is a 3.0 with a manual that is very rare. As in they are things of myth and legend.  

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/14/19 9:23 a.m.

You always have the coolest cars to sell.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/14/19 9:38 a.m.

Are the Jag 3.0l engines remotely related to Ford engines?     

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
1/14/19 9:42 a.m.
spitfirebill said:

Are the Jag 3.0l engines remotely related to Ford engines?     

It’s a ford Duratec with variable valve timing. Motor used in Lincoln LS as well on our side of the pond 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
1/14/19 11:06 a.m.

Wish i could find a 3.0/5spd/awd locally to drive so I'd know how interested i am in them. I feel like theres a strong possibility i'd like it. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
1/14/19 11:50 a.m.

How dry is the front transaxlepan?  Or am I thinking of a different car that has that problem and a super pain to fix.

EDT
EDT Reader
1/14/19 11:50 a.m.

PM sent

edit: Well, attempted to send

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/14/19 3:19 p.m.
akylekoz said:

How dry is the front transaxlepan?  Or am I thinking of a different car that has that problem and a super pain to fix.

I haven't noticed it leaking anything.  Once I get the seat back in and can drive it I will put it on the lift and give it a good once over.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/14/19 3:23 p.m.

In reply to EDT :

Replied

6pak72
6pak72 New Reader
1/14/19 5:57 p.m.

FWIW:

My wife and I both have the 3L AWD SportWagon version. We love them.

Anyone who disses the car hasn’t driven one - we are both experienced racers and HPD instructors, we’ve tracked both cars, and mine (tuned, coilovers, etc) beats M5’s. I’ve seen 136mph at T1 at NHMS. 

Also, it’s totally delicious at Winter School!

Mine has 167k, hers has 194k on it. Here’s the list to look for:

1. Transaxle bearing to rear driveshaft. It dies at 100k. It’s a stock bearing - no need to buy a new teansaxle, just pull the bearing, run down to a real autoparts store, press in the new one.

2. It dies because the 3-way transaxle is sealed. DUMB! While you have the unit out, tap a fill and drain plug into it.

3. Change the tranny fluid. Use Ford Full Synthetic. It too is a sealed unit, so jack the passenger side of the car, pop the front axle, let it down to drain, jack it back up to fill it.

4. Rear control arm bushings and swaybar bushing clunk. Replace. 

5. One of ours has master cylinder issues. One does not. YMMV.

6. Put a nice negative-camber alignment on it, put your foot in it, and enjoy it - the torque is crazy fun!

Yes, the interior fit and finish isn’t up to Audi standards, but it’s very good. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/14/19 6:04 p.m.
dean1484 said:

If that is a 3.0 with a manual that is very rare. As in they are things of myth and legend.  

The only version more rare is the wagon. 

The guy who bought my wrecked Mini has one of these, although in half as good condition.  But I think he paid less than half as much. Nice car. This is a great deal.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/19 6:11 p.m.

Hmm, sorta like an AWD more powerful Contour SVT

alfabeach
alfabeach New Reader
1/14/19 6:39 p.m.

Looks nice, do not remember ever seeing it in Sawgrass CC. Must have always been in the garage. Black paint near the ocean usually does not hold up that well. I have to many cars now.

handyjc55
handyjc55
1/14/19 9:45 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

If it has not sold, I will buy it for $3K. Grm'er Jack in Parrish FL. Near Tampa.

My daughter lives in Jax Beach and I will send her the $.

Please reply with contact info.

Jack Handy

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/15/19 9:42 a.m.

In reply to handyjc55 :

You can send me a text to 9o4-465-o458

handyjc55
handyjc55 New Reader
1/16/19 9:37 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Sorry, don't text, send email tohandyjc55@gmail.com

Jack

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/19 9:17 p.m.

This ad has made me start looking for one in my area

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/28/19 10:54 p.m.

If this hasn’t actually sold i’ll Take it.  Fly n drive fodder and TM needs a stick shift car.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/29/19 5:18 a.m.

I still have it.  The damn upholstery shop is killing me.  I am hoping to pick the seat up this week.

My phone number is in the thread.  Shoot me a text and we can discuss.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/19 7:34 a.m.

that engine plus AWD plus manual, wrapped in a pretty good looking package with good dynamics, is a friggin' win.   

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
1/29/19 8:17 a.m.

That thing is all the want I never knew I had. I’ll quietly sneak in back of the line Incase everyone else backs out 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O5ama64vip0909SWHJLIYkMHiXG4HJKLe35TBzSWEqwJTOWe3upNtEde0Gyb3Qs8