SOLD!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/30/16 3:05 p.m.

I didn't need you to post this!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/30/16 4:14 p.m.

I don't need two manual Subarus at the moment, either. The Forester XT wins on most counts, except track/autocross work, and my daughter flatly refuses to let me sell it, so the WRX must go. I want something fun my wife can drive, and I've been thinking an auto trans with a V8 or Turbo engine in front of it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/31/16 10:00 a.m.
SVreX wrote: I didn't need you to post this!

+1.

Damnnit...

Brett_Murphy
7/31/16 12:42 p.m.

My daughter coughed a mouthful of ice cream all over the back seat last night while engaging in an "I can take a bigger bite of ice cream than you can!" contest with my son.

They've learned to quietly set these things up when my wife and I are talking to each other and not paying much attention, apparently. We may be in trouble.

Anyhow, the plan is to bust out the Little Green Machine later on today and take care of the interior a bit. I'm also going to try to get a movie of the car and put it up on Youtube instead of taking 10000 pictures.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/31/16 1:05 p.m.

So, the ice cream upchuck drops the price to Challenge dollars, right??

Brett_Murphy
7/31/16 3:09 p.m.

Sure, but there is a $1500 documentation and prep fee on top of that.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/31/16 3:29 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Sure, but there is a $1500 documentation and prep fee on top of that.

Well played.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/31/16 7:33 p.m.

Shame you don't need two manual Subarus. I'd be tempted to trade my RS for it, I miss my WRX wagon.

Brett_Murphy
7/31/16 11:10 p.m.

As noted, this is rust free, too. Imagine not having to fight fasteners.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/1/16 8:04 a.m.

A rust-free Subaru? I have not known that in my life yet. Can we time-travel about 3 years ago?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/1/16 8:14 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

They live very well in the South.

I've had about a dozen, and all of them have been ENTIRELY rust free.

tdrrally
tdrrally Reader
8/1/16 1:19 p.m.

just what i'm looking for, if its still for sale next month i could be in!

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
8/2/16 7:50 a.m.

Where is it located?

Storz
Storz SuperDork
8/2/16 12:22 p.m.

Man this could be an awesome replacement for my cheater diesel, I wish VW would hurry up with the damn buybacks!

Brett_Murphy
8/2/16 1:53 p.m.

I am in the Raleigh, NC area. I was just up near White River, VT, too. I should've posted it for sale on the NH and VT Craigslists if I was thinking.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
8/3/16 10:28 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy: And I was just down that way...We were over at MCAS New River. Some of our team flew out of Raleigh.

Hmmm.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
8/3/16 1:12 p.m.

Oh, I see it's sold.......dang it. I was just working up the courage to speak to my wife about it....she really missus our old 2002 wrx wagon. Let me know if the sale falls through.

Brett_Murphy
8/3/16 2:12 p.m.

They drove it off earlier after they took a look and a drive. They kind of just threw money at me, which has never happened before. A zero rust car catches attention.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
8/3/16 2:16 p.m.

Well, you had that at a very favorable price. Would have sold up here for $5k without much issue.

Brett_Murphy
8/3/16 3:41 p.m.

Prices tend to be a bit high here on the "hot" cars since Ft. Bragg and some other military installations aren't far away. I had it listed for more on Craigslist, too. I really didn't lose any money on this car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uAIaQaLIln3LhFaascGQD2Gk2uxYJfBAtch6AkVuCUDYuYnGGpczNePVFzwfT620