Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/9/19 8:18 a.m.

2004 Acura TSX w/ navigation

Meteor Silver (pale blue metallic) over grey leather interior

82,XXX miles

Registered (DE) through February of 2020; clean title in my name

Original owner – never wrecked, no rust, no paint work, all original glass

It runs great and everything works; AC blows cold on the original charge – no leaks

Maintenance completed in the last 2 years / 15,000 miles:

• New tires (4) – Continental DWS all seasons, good for another 30,000 miles
  • Alignment (4 wheel)
  • New front brake pads and rotors, also good for another 30,000 miles
  • New starter

Maintenance completed in the last year / 10,000 miles:

• New timing chain, guides, tensioners, water pump, antifreeze

Maintenance completed in the last month:

• New rear brake pads and rotors
  • New window operator on RR window

Features:

• Leather interior, good condition, non-smoker
  • Heated front seats w/ power driver’s seat
  • Navigation w/ updated data, 6-disc in-dash CD changer
  • Automatic trans (5 speed), great shifting
  • Sunroof works great and doesn’t leak

We bought this car new in October 2004 and have been driving it ever since.  Mileage is low for its age, but it was not all short in-town trips.  In daily suburban commuting I get about 22 mpg, but with a longer freeway commute it will give 25-27 mpg.  The owner's manual recommends 92 octane gas, which I have always used in it.  It should run just fine on mid-grade.  There are a lot of these on the road and I doubt that most drivers use premium.

Overall the car is very clean, with minor wear and tear.  It has lived outside its whole life and paint is shiny but has some blemishes. Other than typical daily driver marks, there is no body damage on top or chassis damage underneath.  No rust at all that I know of.

Mechanically, the car is in great shape and when problems (rarely) occur they have been fixed.  Honda engines in general use a little oil, and this one is no exception.  It does not smoke or leak, but you should check the level regularly.  In the next 10-15,000 miles or so it ought to get a set of spark plugs and transmission fluid refresh as routine maintenance.  Both were done at about 50,000 miles already.   Other than that it should be good to go for a long time.  This thing has been as reliable as a stone axe, and has needed very little work.

Based on my research, it is up on craigslist / FB marketplace at $6400.  Internet values and completed sales seem to range widely, and that number is right in the middle, for a very very solid car with a known history.  For GRM friends and family I am willing to negotiate a bit.

Located in northern Delaware, about halfway between Philadelphia and Baltimore.  15 minutes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge; 5 minutes from I-95.  The Philadelphia airport is about 45 minutes away and I am willing to pick you up there if you want to fly-n-drive.

Current pictures here.  Let me know if you want any specific pictures and I will take them for you.

Email at wil4ds@gmail.com or call / text at Three Oh Too - 5 Too 8 - Oh 6 1 Too.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/12/19 4:23 p.m.

wrong transmission or would be seriously interested.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
9/12/19 10:24 p.m.

I'm sorely tempted.  This would be the perfect all-around runabout on the days I want to drive something a bit more sedate and adult.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/13/19 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin :

Where are you?  I'm less than an hour south of Philly airport and I'd be glad to pick you up.

Honestly, I still really like this car.  The only reason I replaced it was as part of our long-term financial plan.  We both wanted newer, nicer cars that would be paid off before we retired, but with lots of life remaining.  So strategically it is time for the TSX to move on.

Tactical Penguin
9/13/19 1:19 p.m.

I'm a bit west of Hagerstown MD, about a three hour drive from you.  

I've always liked the TSX, and living here in the Mid-atlantic with a long commute, I think I'm going to be in sporty FWD 4 bangers until I can afford a dedicated "play" car.

Are you available on the weekends?  I'd like to come and look at it and then figure out logistics on getting it home if we come to an agreement.  It looks like Amtrak stops in your neck of the woods, but the schedule is very limited from Martinsburg WV to where you are.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/13/19 1:53 p.m.

I am available on weekends... that being said, unfortunately I'm not available this weekend (autocross) or next Saturday (flagging at historic GP).

For Amtrak, the station you want is Wilmington, Delaware.  There is one in Newark about 5 minutes from my house, but stops there are about 15% as frequent as Wilmington.

Tactical Penguin
9/13/19 3:38 p.m.

That's fine.  This week has been kind of a killer and I'm looking forward to a little downtime this weekend and getting some stuff done the next.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/22/19 7:15 p.m.

Bumpity bump. 

T Penguin, you still interested?  There’s been a fair amount of local interest and I had a handshake agreement with one guy, but nobody has put cash on the hood yet. 

Tactical Penguin
9/23/19 11:33 a.m.

I'm still interested, but can't get up there until Sunday to look at it and work out details.

I understand how frustrating selling a car can be, so if someone else can put money in your hand before then, no hard feelings!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/23/19 1:23 p.m.

Cool!  Sunday would probably work.  You can email me at wil4ds AT geemail dot com or PM me through the system here, which goes to the same address.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/25/19 6:51 a.m.

SALE PENDING - Sorry, Tac.  If it doesn't go through, I'll let you know, but it should go through.  Thanks for your interest.

Tactical Penguin
9/25/19 1:21 p.m.

Not a problem!  Good luck with the sale!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LUfnMKYZybt0Og6qlcATjqNEwhcWm4g1efDKtDzQ4aGA6dzC73STFO8FBvmPo2rz