pez222
pez222 New Reader
6/3/20 8:22 a.m.

2008 Volkswagen R32 #3872/5000.  Located in SE Orlando, FL

Deep Blue Pearl 97K non daily driven miles.  AWD V6, Leather (no rips or tears) Heated Seats, Sunroof/Moonroof, Power windows, locks, steering wheel controls.  6-CD premium audio, keyless entry.   All stock with the exception of air intake.  Asking 10.5K. 

CLIFF NOTES:
• 2008 VW R32 - #3872 of 5000 made
• VIN: WVWKC71K78W180241
• 6-speed DSG Transmission with paddle shifters
• Haldex Four-Motion All-Wheel Drive
• Currently 97,XXX well-maintained miles
• 3rd adult owner; purchased with 61,280 miles on the odometer from my brother (2nd owner)
• Clean Carfax (full disclosure, 1 run in w/a deer, repaired.  (photos will be provided, always a southern car with 1 year in DE)
• Exclusively serviced and maintained at Rescue Tire and Automotive (Leesburg, FL)
• Smart Key, owner’s manual, spare and all associated tools

DESCRIPTION:
This 2008 VW R32 is the ultimate daily driver – fast, comfortable, practical, reliable and confidence-inspiring. The VR6 engine howls at full song, but subtly warbles during regular driving. The DSG transmission and Haldex AWD provide effortless acceleration and complete control in all driving conditions. The R32 comfortably seats four adults in the leather-lined interior with heated front seats, dual zone climate controls, vents for the rear occupants, and ample storage in the covered hatch and various storage pockets across the cabin. This car is was my low-mileage daily driver and does show some wear (additional photos will be provided), but there is no rust, and all features work as they should. After you take an enthusiastic test drive, you will see why Automotive Journalists repeatedly select the VW Golf / GTI / R platform as the best hot hatch to own!

Upgrades as follows...
-Headliner replaced with OEM materials at a reputable shop
-Bluetooth connection
-Tinted Windows
-New set of BF Goodrich G Force Sport tires with 4-wheel alignment
-Radiator replaced
-CV Axle replaced

No big power upgrades and no check engine lights, runs great and drives well

REASON FOR SALE:
As much as I love the R32, and despite all the maintenance and thoughtful modifications, I needed a new vehicle with more storage to haul bicycles, so I got a Chevy Silverado. This is your opportunity to become the next steward of this fantastic vehicle!  Mature adult owned and driven.  Well maintained at my buddy's shop with all service records included.  Runs great and everything works well.  No CELs, rust, leaks or issues.

Ian

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
6/3/20 9:35 a.m.

Ian, car looks great! Awesome color. What are you asking for it?

pez222
pez222 New Reader
6/3/20 9:52 a.m.

$10,500.  She is in SE Orlando, FL. 

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
6/3/20 11:02 a.m.

Thank god this is out of my impulse buy range since I'll be driving through Ocala next week.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/3/20 1:22 p.m.

Another one that is on my list..... glad it is far away and the timing is not right yet, but one of these will eventually end up in my stable. 

ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
6/3/20 2:01 p.m.

This is really tempting, especially with it being so close. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/3/20 2:03 p.m.

In reply to ChrisTropea :

Do it! Peer pressure!

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
6/3/20 7:19 p.m.

You know you wanna!

pez222
pez222 New Reader
6/4/20 9:27 a.m.

I'm really close to you.  And how cool would that be if my car joined the GRM family.  smiley

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/4/20 10:07 a.m.
AaronT said:

Thank god this is out of my impulse buy range since I'll be driving through Ocala next week.

You should do it. It's the color god obviously intended for R32's to wear and everything.

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
6/4/20 1:13 p.m.
The0retical (Forum Supporter) said:
AaronT said:

You should do it. It's the color god obviously intended for R32's to wear and everything.

There's a long and boring life story, but the short of it is that I am finally in a place to buy a nice (used, I am GRMer [cheap] after all) toy. The only think that will satisfy me is a Miata or Fiata. I must resist the siren calls of cars like this that are wonderful, but not the exact itch scratch I have denied myself for 15 years.

Our Preferred Partners
UjqVdc5LXchWCzaG91SjWWzrirrXmMT3TF6zF5OE3RTbPyQ9encEvjLIyLPAFXQC