GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
GladlyTheCrossEyedBear GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/23/20 6:34 p.m.

I’m Selling My 2011 MINI Clubman S.  It’s not the first car I’ve sold here (loooong time board member, rare commenter) I sold my old Volvo Turbo wagon to Dr.Turbo a few years ago and recently heard from his brother in law who had bought it from him and wanted and info I had (gladly supplied!).  Selling makes me sad, but new toys are in the mix and so it’s gotta leave the nest.  97,800 miles.  Hardly got any use this last year w/covid stuff other than regular exercise runs cause cars hate to sit and it's fun to drive on the twisty roads here.  They’re going for $10,000-ish around here without all the goodies, but I’ll happily do a Grassroots deal to find it a good home. Make me an offer, I'm motivated and I don't want to field a whole passel of crazies listing on Craig's List...don't ever want to do that again.

Anyway, this is a well kept example with what I call sensible mods.  They are:

• Two sets of wheels, original MINI 16’ alloys: w/195/55 Blizzaks with one winter on them, and 17X8 TR Motorsports alloys with 215/45 Firestone Firehawks with about 4k miles
  • Bilstein speed sensing shocks (stock springs and ride height) about 4,000 miles ago
  • Madness Motorsports anti mushrooming front strut mounts
  • Madness Motorsports 22mm adjustable antiroll bar and bushings
  • Madness Motorsports Poly front control arm bushings
  • Space saver spare and euro spec factory trunk insert to secure it (no more run flats! YAY!)
  • Drilled front rotors (Stop-Tech I think?) with ceramic pads. Nice to rotors, low dust, but not motorsports aggressive.
  • Aftermarket projector halogen headlights in black ( the stock one’s suck, but come with car)
  • PIAA Silicone wiper blades
  • Little Nicky shift knob (I just love how it feels and it’s light so you can feel the synchros)
  • Coco matts
  • Short alloy antenna
  • Light InSight lens so you can see traffic lights without slouching.
  • Craven cell phone holder that’ll hold just about anything you can fit in a pocket and still walk
  • Bentley service manual

Factory Goodies Include:

• Rain sensing wipers (possibly the best pacific northwest option ever)
  • Factory Thule Roof Rack
  • Sunroof 
  • Keyless entry, I believe they call this the convenience package
  • Second secret glove box
  • Sport seats (vinyl, slight wear/crease on driver’s bolster, see pictures)
  • Normal sport and traction control buttons, no fancy-pants DSC button
  • Two keys, all owner’s manuals

Maintenance/Repairs.  All fluids and plugs were changed when I bought it with about 50,000 miles on the clock. Since then it has gone as follows:

• Oil changes every 5,000, (or every 6 mos the last few years with it being driven a lot less)  Liqui-Moly 10-40, MINI factory filters done by me…cause I enjoy it.
  • Transaxle Lube every 30,000 with Factory spec fluid
  • Air filter (Mann) every 10,000 miles or 2 years
  • Brake fluid every 2 years (due this next spring)
  • Fresh brake pads fitted 25,000 miles ago
  • Uprated cam chain tensioner spring fitted 15,000 miles ago
  • Coolant flushed and changed at 70,000 when new thermostat housing installed (known weak point, but no need to worry now)
  • All coil packs replaced at 80,000, plugs replaced, too.  Old coil packs come with (one was suspect, but couldn’t prove it out. No problems since, though)
  • All high pressure fuel pump ancillaries and the pump itself replaced under warrantee December 2019.
  • Intake vario-cam solenoid replaced December 2019 (spotted in inspection below)
  • Front main seal replaced December 2019 (spotted in inspection below)
  • Car given a MINI dealership full inspection and clean bill of health.  They looked at the cam chain and inside the intake tract for carbon and declared that neither needed any service. Have copies of reports and invoices to go with car.

Cosmetics:

• Car looks great, is kept clean on the regular and isn’t abused, no accidents, stored in a garage.
  • There are a couple of small door dings, easy fix if you care
  • Chips on metal have always been touched up (all touch up paint comes with)
  • Rear bumper cover was scratched when I bought it and I never liked the black bumpers, so I repainted it in the body color.  If you disagree, paint it black smiley
  • Interior is nice and clean, no coffee, no stink, no smokers, clean headliner, mesh sunroof covers complete and working smoothly)

If you want pictures of something in particular, or have other questions hit me up.  We’re in lockdown, I ain’t going anywhere and I got a ton of pictures.

-Michael

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
11/24/20 4:55 p.m.

Ask requested a couple of additional bits of info on Mr. MINI

The engine is the N18 turbo, much less troublesome than the N14.

The convenience package include the automatic climate control

The sunroof tilts and opens and the roof rack doesn't effect it's operation.

PM me for more details or to talk.

Michael

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
3/8/21 2:24 p.m.

PRICE DROP!

Covid restrictions in Oregon have made it really hard to sell a car in person.  I'm high risk enough that I'm not comfy in the car with anyone else, yet won't get a shot for a while yet.  I really need to make space in the garage so this needs to go soon (I'd also like to remain married). 

Make me a reasonable offer over $5,000.  There are other convenience things on the car, like long wheel studs instead of lug-bolts I had forgotten about. I get "Nice MINI!" comments all the time. I have the reports from MINI on the complete inspections they did a couple of hundred miles ago that I can share. It's got a clean bill of health, a new high pressure fuel pump and pump controller, and new Vanos solenoid and a minor oil seal repair was done then, too.  It's dead reliable and a screamin' deal at $5,000.  

Reply here or DM me.

-Michael

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
3/12/21 8:42 a.m.

I bought the Volvo in question, and I think I rode in this car??

Michael was absolutely GREAT to deal with. 
Incidentally, I'm trying to get that Volvo back. Wish I had never sold it. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
3/12/21 4:40 p.m.

Can you share any other pictures of the interior/passenger doors and cargo area? I'm across the country but my wife is a big fan..

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
4/14/21 4:58 p.m.

Hey @DrBoost!  I wish I hadn't sold it, either!

@classicjackets and I messaged, but alas I never heard back. 

Come on folks! I gotta move this thing along while I'm still married!  The new project is starting to effect the family budget and that's not what I said would happen, sooo I'm in the dog house.

Only $5,000!!!  This thing is ready to drive to Florida if you needed to do that.  I'm fully vacinated and happy to meet you at the airport, or meet a shipper, or if you're local-ish meet you halfway.  Here's a link to the interior shot requested earlier and a couple of samples.  Remember this things has a second set of stock wheels with new snows, the original headlights with bulbs come with it, too, plus a Bentley manual.  You could probably talk me out of the Schwaben code reader with BMW software if you said some magic words.

Mini Interoir Shots

-Michael

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/14/21 6:46 p.m.

Nice.  Working on the needs versus wants discussion in my head.  

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
4/14/21 9:09 p.m.

I know what you mean.  The selling part is definitely a needs vs wants thing.  I hadn't thought I'd be letting it go..like, ever.

e13h
e13h New Reader
4/14/21 9:20 p.m.

I love horizon blue, and that's a fantastic deal. If school wasn't kicking me every direction I'd be on my way yesterday. 

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/14/21 10:55 p.m.

I can't get the dm to work. Editted

Shane

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
4/15/21 5:42 a.m.

It's probably good this is 3000 miles away from me.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
4/15/21 12:46 p.m.

In reply to HopmanJones :

So go get it!

I gave it a moment's thought because it seems like a great deal and I have done a fly and drive two summers in a row now.  But I already have nice little 2011 hatchback (among various other things) and can't come up with an excuse to have two of them.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
4/15/21 8:07 p.m.

Ugh. I have intentionally not really learned anything about these because I'm afeared the want to have one would be too strong. I'm used to working on Toyota's and Mazda's and German engineering scares me. My wife, though, really wants a mini to rallycross I'm just not sure I want to commit to adding a 5th car to the fleet. Plus, it's really far away. 

All that said, there a couple guys that rallycross a Cooper S in my local club and I'll be picking their brain this weekend. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/16/21 11:42 a.m.

I don't even need a car but I am honestly thinking it would be fun to fly out and take my time driving it back to the East Coast.  GLWS!

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
4/16/21 8:22 p.m.

SOLD to thashane!  He's coming Saturday to get it.  I'm gonna miss the MINI.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/21 8:37 p.m.

This thing has been in my head since I first saw the ad last night. I got a shipping quote ten minutes ago.. and it was 30% of your asking price. This was a really good deal for a car that seems extremely well cared for.

Congrats on the sale.  

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/19/21 6:55 a.m.

Sorry I missed this. Congrats on the sale!

thashane
4/20/21 11:39 p.m.

In reply to GladlyTheCrossEyedBear :

I concur with Dr Boost, Michael was great to deal with, the car is a blast to drive,  well setup and cared for. I would buy another car from GladlyTheCrossEyedBear without hesitation. 

I also really underestimated the performance of the MINI.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
4/22/21 8:42 a.m.

In reply to thashane :

I kinda want a mini, and just the fact Michael was the seller had me really thinking about this car. 
when I bought his Volvo I wish I had more time to just hang out and talk with him. Interesting guy, and seems 100% genuine. 

thashane
4/22/21 11:45 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

I concur, it felt offensive to look under the car. By far the least intrusive vehicle pre-buy inspection I've done. 

This car is the most fun I've ever had with FWD, and one of my top overall. But I am still in the puppy-love phase.

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
4/24/21 8:31 p.m.

Aww, you guys are making me blush.  I felt the same way about both of you as well.  Maybe someday we'll get to hang for a steak and a beer. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/21 10:07 p.m.

Curious how this purchase turned out. Still regretting not attempting to fly and drive. 

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/21/21 1:48 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

no regerts. if it makes you feel any better I likely had already offered Mike a deposit to hold the car. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/21/21 6:01 a.m.
thashane said:

In reply to OHSCrifle :

no regerts. if it makes you feel any better I likely had already offered Mike a deposit to hold the car. 

Awesome 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
8/21/21 11:33 a.m.

Cancels plane ticket. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m62aIkexfYXCIE2irKVCRD6rYV0sBGOkJk3JehZafJnCICAdHxjaScvbGG3OG26r