1 2
chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/10/19 7:42 p.m.

Edit: $4000 with the Volks and the stock wheels with crappy snow tires.

My other daily is for sale here, I ordered a mz5 new-there was a little tsunami, it was held up so they found this one on a lot in Jersey. 

2012 Mazda5, 2.5 with 6spd. Red with beige interior. 204,500 miles. 

New:

clutch

low mile trans

lower control arms

front brakes

Needs:

rear brakes probably

one tire has a belt issue that makes a lot of noise.

It’s on the stock wheels with Hankook snow tires. It is on KYBs with H&R springs, JBR MS3 RSB and a JBR short shifter. The body isn’t great, the pic above shows the front bumper cover has a puncture and there are some dings around the body. The interior is not perfect either, I drove it 204,000 miles in six years. 

I’m looking for $4,200 or trade for $ and something weird. It’s in Findlay, OH

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
1/10/19 8:18 p.m.

My exact car for the kids in exact color. Though I have ms3 wheels 

good luck with the sale! Mine is a 100k miles behind yours 

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/10/19 8:21 p.m.

Glws....shame Mazda axed these a few years ago.. Would be a great rig w/skyactiv motor...

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/10/19 9:06 p.m.

Thanks guys, it’s a great little car.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/10/19 9:45 p.m.
chandler said:

Thanks guys, it’s a great little car.

Really.  You messing with us?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/11/19 5:55 a.m.

It’s a Mazda? It’s shorter than a sonic? About the same length as a Prius? It’s a great little car.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/12/19 7:33 a.m.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
1/12/19 7:50 a.m.

You appear to have "wheel issues".  cheeky  We love ours, although I'd love to have gotten my hands on a manual.  Free bump and good luck with the sale.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/12/19 8:14 a.m.

No wheel issues here lol! The Cayenne wheels were my favorite but man were they heavy, the Volks have been with me for ten years and I fit them to everything I own and the 964 wheels were really light and promoted wheel spin haha.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
1/12/19 9:57 a.m.

Didn’t know cayenne and 964 wheels fit! Both are 16s?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/12/19 10:26 a.m.

Adaptors, 964 were 16x7and 8 the cayenne wheels were 17x7.5

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
1/12/19 10:27 a.m.

Ah makes sense ! 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/18/19 5:31 p.m.

Forgot to mention timing chain, tensioners and phaser was done at about 163000.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
1/18/19 7:12 p.m.
chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/7/19 4:26 p.m.

Bump! Indy-guy, I’d be interested as a part trade but not much time for projects these days.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/23/19 7:12 a.m.

Dropping the price guys, hate seeing it just sitting here.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/7/19 6:19 p.m.

Bump, hate it just sitting here

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/7/19 9:04 p.m.

Trade for an 83 Mazda 626 LX touring sedan hatchback, and cash on my end? 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/7/19 9:13 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:

Trade for an 83 Mazda 626 LX touring sedan hatchback, and cash on my end? 

I would be, you’re a long way from me and I’m not sure what that’s worth to me though...

vdblyou at yahoo dot com

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/8/19 9:03 a.m.

I gonna write a bit here and try to fan the flames of getting this car sold...

I spent the day with Chandler this past weekend at the Ohio One Lap of America event.  We talked work and home life, etc.  We did not talk about this Mazda5 and now, seeing the Mazda5 back to the top of the page informs me that it has not sold yet.  This really could be a great car for someone.  If I didn't already have a 2010 Mazda5 in my driveway (wifes car), I too might consider this one.  

What seems like negatives:

• high miles 
  • seller trying to get rid of it

Lets dig into those two things a bit more:

• High Miles:  Chandler has for a long time been a manager of a national chain shop that specializes in Semi truck and Diesel truck oil, tire and repair. For a long time he lived 40 minutes and about 40 miles away from the shop he manager.  That alone will get you a lot of miles, and highway speed miles at that.  Over the years he also became manager of additional locations as the temporary manager while they might be finding a replacement or hiring someone new for that location.  More miles to more places.  Again, all highway.  All mostly alone. 
  • Every day, this car was driven to a building filled with tools, oil and mechanics.  I assure you that nothing was "not tended to" and since he is in the business of service intervals, nothing was not PM'ed as needed. 

Here is his photo of the Mazda but notice that it is taken from outside his shop.  

• Seller trying to get rid of it:  Certainly, at 200k it seems like a time to dump problems onto someone else but that is not the case here.  The reality is that with the job promotion (Regional Manager over many locations in many states) came a Ford F150 crew cab complete with a company gas card and unlimited personal use.  Yeah, if you have that benefit coming your way, you stop driving your own car almost immediately.  This mini-minivan had serves Chandler, the father of 3, very well but he also has a full minivan, Chrysler, for his wife.  When you have a free-to-drive F150 Crew Cab and a minivan, there just is no need to keep a mini-minivan. 

This photo shows the big white Ford in the background.

My advice to anyone considering... If you want a well maintained vehicle, inexpensively, don't judge this car by its odometer.  We all hear about highway miles.  This is the real highway miles.   

We all imagine the type of pervious owner we would like to buy a high mileage car from....this is that type of owner.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/8/19 9:09 a.m.

Thanks John, all true. It’s a great car and the miles and manual scare away most people. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/8/19 9:36 a.m.
chandler said:

Thanks John, all true. It’s a great car and the miles and manual scare away most people. 

Neither scare me. Just the distance away, and the cash are an issue right now. I want a daily driver manual, and I still like driving my Sienna, so this could be a little of both. Manual minivan. My Sienna has 175k on it so whats a little more?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/8/19 10:04 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Last month, this Independent Operator out of Jacksonville, FL moved a Prius for me from Ohio to Illinois for a very reasonable rate.  Might be best to just shoot him an email with your move details.  

Feel free to drop my name and mention the Prius. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/8/19 11:36 a.m.

Where is the nearest airport?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/8/19 11:55 a.m.

Toledo or Columbus, Toledo is an hour Columbus is 1.5

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
33TVaSdQLje1Zsbt27bi7hkxF2fAA9l5bCJGpR105TtBhID12OmY0mDf95m99noT