EricD735i
EricD735i
5/6/19 8:23 p.m.

Job relocation is forcing me to part with my project. It's an '89 Fox with a 4.8 LS swap. I was building into a fun auto-x and track day car, mainly just to see if I could do it. I think it would be a good base for someone to finish up.

The engine is a Gen IV iron block LY2 truck motor with an LS3 cam and Corvette intake. CTS-V oil pan and all fresh gaskets.

Shorty headers and custom exhaust.

Quicktime bellhousing connects to a Astro performance rebuilt T-5. Hydraulic clutch. Aluminum driveshaft.

Front suspension is stock K-member with poly bushings and '94 SN95 control arms, spindles, and GT brakes. Koni single adjustables, Maximum Motorsports springs and camber plates. SN95 rack with MM solid bushings and bumpsteer kit. 

MM subframe connectors.

Rear suspension is a custom 3-link with MM HD lower control arms, springs, and panhard bar. Koni single adjustable shocks. 7.5 rear with new 3.73 gears and new Eaton TrueTrac. Rear axle has all new seals and bearings. 

New Firehawk Indy 500 tires on factory tri bar rims. Probably less than 50 miles.

The body is, well, a bit rough. I wanted a car I didn't have to worry about cutting a hole or hitting cones. Set your drink or tools on it. It's not beyond saving if you wanted to restore it. Currently has a Kirkey driver seat and stock passenger seat. There's a lot of other items that have been replaced or upgraded but I've been focused on getting it running properly, which it does. It drives pretty well, stays cool in traffic, turns and stops fine. It's taken me a few years to get to this stage, its  just hard to fine the time and now this upcoming move is making it impractical. I was planning to do at least a 6-point cage, the interior needs cleaned up, some old wiring needs removed, and other odds and ends. There's a lot of new parts here, I probably have about $6k into it, looking to get $4,500 OBO. PM me if you're interested or have questions. Located in the Orlando-area, can deliver within a few hours drive. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/19 8:52 p.m.

You say project but looks more completed than I expected. What needs to be done to say take it to an autocross?  What needs to be done to make it street legal?

EricD735i
EricD735i New Reader
5/6/19 9:55 p.m.

It’s currently tagged and legal. Main thing is there’s a cutout in the rear floor for the 3-link that I need to close in. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/6/19 10:45 p.m.

"You should never buy someone else's project"...except when you should.

I agree with Stampie, this looks pretty good. That three link rear suspension will make a huge difference in autocross. yes

Another plus, no T tops.

Should sell.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/6/19 11:23 p.m.

Thank the Lord that is not a Notch Body.  You are giving that away.

Pete

Error404
Error404 New Reader
5/7/19 5:17 a.m.

I have been trawling through the interwebz looking for a Fox to build for road course HPDE and, just when I think I am making up my mind, I see this beautie. In town. Not sure it's in the budget but I have this feeling that I want it. 

EricD735i
EricD735i New Reader
5/7/19 5:39 a.m.

I guess I can’t PM yet. PM me your number and we’ll talk. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/7/19 5:53 a.m.

I approve of this thread.  Just sold mine this week, if I wanted a more dedicated track toy his would be it.

See the parts for sale section, for stuff that this car needs.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/7/19 5:59 a.m.

Fully expected to see this marked as sold this morning.

Still might, it's early. 

I have wanted a fox mustang so much, still have never even ridden in one. I'll be glad when this sells.

Dootz
Dootz New Reader
5/7/19 7:42 a.m.

Why a 7.5 rear over the 8.8

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/7/19 8:12 a.m.

I really don't need this.

I have 6 cars already and a MX-5 that's for sale.

I don't need this.

But FSM the want is strong!

EricD735i
EricD735i New Reader
5/7/19 8:51 a.m.
Dootz said:

Why a 7.5 rear over the 8.8

Just what was available and affordable at the time. Wasn’t planning on hitting the drag strip and the 4.8 isn’t exactly a torque monster so I wasn’t too concerned. 

Error404
Error404 New Reader
5/7/19 2:58 p.m.

In reply to EricD735i :

I would but I have not yet been approved by Admins for PMs

What do I have to do to be able to send PMs to talk to this guy about his car?

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
5/7/19 4:07 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/19 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Error404 :

I'd do something like "call me dude at 666 code of area last four 9999 with a 111 prefix."

EricD735i
EricD735i New Reader
5/7/19 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Error404 :

Give me a call or text. 407-461-zero zero 64

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/10/19 6:30 p.m.

I kind of like this 

im in Sarasota 

941-nine20-149one

You'll need to log in to post.