jsquared
jsquared Reader
8/1/14 4:55 p.m.

Backstory: one of our dogs is a dachshund/chihuahua mix and, like most dachshunds, has some hereditary back issues... and he had to get surgery :( The good news is he is recovering very well, the bad news is that I'm going to have to sell my trailer to pay off the surgery. I bought it new in late 2012 in OK (the trailer, not the dog), towed my STi to NC with it, and the only other major trip was this year to tow the STi to a track event at Atlanta Motorsports Park. So that along with a few in-town towings and I'd estimate total mileage to be around 2,500 or so. It's in practically-new condition.

It's a 20-ft trailer with an 86" width (I can't remember if that's the platform or fender-to-fender). The lights all work and are LEDs, it has two ramps stored behind the flaps in the rear, and a hand-crank nosewheel. The fenders on both sides are removable with three "Jeep hood"-style hold-downs for door access when loading, and there are four swivel tie-downs (two on each end). Tires are in excellent shape with plenty of tread left. Some minor surface rust on the license plate holder and the hitch area, nothing that a wire brush/sandpaper and WD40 wouldn't fix but I'm out of the country at the moment and my wife isn't very mechanically inclined. It has electric brakes which work great (you'll need a controller on your tow vehicle). Its overall weight is listed as 1350 lbs so it pulls very well, my wife's Trailblazer has no problem pulling this with my STi loaded on it. Comes with four ratchet straps and four "loop" straps (for strapping a car down by axle/suspension/etc if no hooks are reachable).

Asking $5500 negotiable. Trailer is located in Jacksonville, NC. Email me at jj1013@gmail.com since I don't have time to get on the forums very often.

Pictures:

More pictures here: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jsquared1013/library/trailer

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/14 7:48 p.m.

That is a beautiful trailer. I think that would sell very quickly on the Pelican forum.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/4/14 8:01 a.m.

Yea, that is way too nice for me to own. GLWS

jsquared
jsquared New Reader
8/22/14 12:29 p.m.

I can't seem to find the forums from the PelicanParts main website, but I threw an ad up on Rennlist.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/23/14 7:51 p.m.
jsquared wrote: I can't seem to find the forums from the PelicanParts main website, but I threw an ad up on Rennlist.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/

And you gotta register to see all the forums.

jsquared
jsquared Reader
11/12/14 3:42 p.m.

Price drop! I paid $6300 all-in when new (including ratchet straps), now asking $5500 for a trailer that is very lightly used and in near-new condition.

jsquared
jsquared Reader
11/19/14 3:37 p.m.

Still for sale! Be prepared for track-day season!

jsquared
jsquared Reader
11/25/14 1:15 p.m.

With all these project cars for sale, you're gonna need a trailer to bring it home! (and to the track later )

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h0LmdWSEgbgdnT4hxiQ4zkfQF9PTHNSjm7QPAMIFvqgS758xSI2xUnExBzti88pg