BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/19 11:13 a.m.

I've decided to take some drastic steps to clear out my project backlog - basically get rid of everything that even smells like a project other than the 911.

First in line is a 1994 E34 525i. Automatic, I think I'm the third owner, 95k miles. NorCal car, thus rust free but with some sun damage to the interior (like some split seams on the front seats). Needs a bit of work (most likely rear subframe bushes, front right LCA and tires). Transmission seems to be a bit slow to wake up if the car has been parked on an incline for a few days (it won't "creep" until you get to about 1000 rpm - trans has had fluid change in the last 5k miles, probably needs level checking and is fine once warmed up). Drives OK. Current WV inspection. GRM price $2250

Formula FST - this was actually a championship winning car before the PO blew the engine. Very roomy cockpit (both for tall and wide), 1600cc dual port engine. I had to pull the heads and get inserts for the spark plugs fitted. Current belts, comes with two sets of tires - slicks and rain tires. Runs fine, but needs general old racecar TLC. Runs well (IMHO) - fired up immediately even after sitting for six months. Currently set up for a 5'11" driver. PO was 6'2", so plenty of room for taller drivers. GRM price $5500, which is pretty cheap for one of these. Includes brand new nose cone and rear lower bodywork. SCCA logbooks. This is Rob Clark's old car if you're hitting the Googlez.

1995 M-Edition, 105k. Yeah, I know I just bought this. It's a genuine 95 M with all the special bits that make the 95 a 95M. I believe it has been resprayed in the original colour. Hardtop and Softtop. Runs and drives, needs some catch-up maintenance (I'll take care of some of that), an alignment and very likely some suspension - still has the original shocks on it... Southern car (AL/SC/NC), rust free from what I could tell other than a bit of surface corrosion on some of the suspension A arms. Depressingly stock. Current WV inspection also. Will fit a new FM high-flow cat in the next few days as it currently has no cat. $5000, which is what I paid another GRMer for it. No, I won't sell the hardtop separately, at least not right now.

All cars are located in Berkeley Springs, WV. Might be willing to make a deal for the race car + open 16" car trailer.

PM me on here to contact.

Photos to follow.

Reason for sale - I'm holding off on racing until we figure out what's wrong with my health in general and specifically my foot. Plus, I also just agreed to buy a low mileage S2000 and need to free up time for my a/c 911 project. And with the 911 and the S2000 being convertibles, I really, really don't need a third convertible.

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
6/11/19 3:16 p.m.

Interested in the Miata. I'll pm you my cell phone number so we can talk more easily. Thanks!

BoxheadTim
6/11/19 4:01 p.m.

On third thoughts, if anybody wants to use the E34 as a gastropods entry I'm willing to let it go for $1800.

BoxheadTim
6/11/19 7:45 p.m.

Pitchers!

Evolution FST:

BoxheadTim
6/11/19 7:52 p.m.

BMW:

BoxheadTim
6/11/19 8:01 p.m.

Photos on the Miata to follow, most likely tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a link to the PO's add for the Miata: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/95-m-edition-miata-in-nc/149964/page1/

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/12/19 11:32 a.m.

Tim was a very good buyer so I feel he is a good seller.

Also as the PO of the 95 M I can say that it is a very good stock car.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/19 2:46 p.m.
BoxheadTim
6/12/19 4:53 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Thanks for linking the video - that is a very familiar blue (yep, that is my car - two owners ago, though).

BoxheadTim
6/12/19 5:01 p.m.

Too much running around to take photos of the Miata (sorry), but if you don't mind me blathering on, here is a video of the car. Pretty much the only thing that's changed since I did the video is the mileage and that I put the stock mirror back on.

BoxheadTim
6/15/19 5:40 p.m.

The Miata now sports a high-flow FM cat and a gearbox full of Redline MTL. I've still got a few more parts that I'm going to put on in in the next couple of weeks (Cibie headlights + H4 bulbs, fuel filter and some other bits) if it doesn't sell before I get around to it. If I don't get around to it the bits will come with the car.

BoxheadTim
6/16/19 9:45 a.m.

And we have Miata pictures, taken this morning. After some soul searching and reflecting on the condition of the car, I've decided that $4750 is probably a fairer GRM price. It can be drive as is but IMHO it does need a little bit of work (like touching up the scrapes on the frame rails before they become a issue, and I'd put at least new shocks on).

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
6/19/19 4:02 p.m.

I purchased the last Miata Tim had up for sale and he was an absolute pleasure to work with; communication, honesty and knowledge. I wish I had owned the '90 for longer, so I could justify moving on to that M I covet!

BoxheadTim
6/22/19 8:17 p.m.

In reply to mxandcx5 :

Thank you for the kind words!

In other news, the Miata has sold. The BMW and the formula car are still available. 

BoxheadTim
6/26/19 8:15 p.m.

BMW sold.

Anybody want to buy the Formula car?

BoxheadTim
8/21/19 10:13 a.m.

So far, it looks like I've got one "trial balloon" offer along the lines of "I'm doing you a favour based on how much work the car needs (without seeing it)".

It's still advertised for sale in supposedly the right places but it looks like I might just pull it, fix some of the minor issues I know about and run the dang thing in TT around here for now. Gives me more time to work on the S2k and the 911 while still having a track car.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/19 10:50 a.m.

living in Berkeley Springs, are you required to convert to air suspension?

BoxheadTim
8/21/19 10:54 a.m.

Solid mounted axles is where it's at.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5QBWDyOnM4vaBdAoUkdUW3kFKOndzN7CuYoEgO9aWIja55y4ghmVxeU87PMODOZb