1 2 3 ... 5
Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/14/19 12:02 p.m.

We are having a car guy garage sale on Saturday, March 2nd from 9 am to 3 pm at Spin_out's place in Valrico, Florida near Tampa. Over 20 cars for sale, and a large selection of tools. All the cars need work to be drive-able. Photos available, but I am not even going to try to post them all. PM me for more info. All these are owned by Mark ("Spin_out") and have clear titles unless noted. Mark has collected these cars over the years, but now has bigger priorities and needs to clear them out. Some of these could be worth a lot, if someone can take the time to go through them and get them back in shape. Others are pretty humble cars that hopefully someone can save from the crusher or at least use for parts. See separate ad for tools in the parts forum here. Also see ads on this forum for Merkur XR4ti's, 1965 Mustang fastback, 1986 Mustang SVO.

1981 Delorean, "Barn Find" stored in garage many years. No idea what it is worth. Offers?

1967 Ford Fairlane 2 door hardtop, 289/auto, AC, painted in 1992, stored in tent/garage since 1996, $8,500

1963 Studebaker Avanti, paint stripped, not running after ignition "upgrade" years ago, stored in garage since 2004, $7,000

1980 Triumph TR8 convertible, stored in garage since 2005, $8,500

1980 Triumph TR7 convertible, stored in pole barn since 2010, OEM aluminum wheels, $700

1984 Dodge Omni, 2.2L 5 speed, ran great then parked outside since 2012, $400

1985 Toyota MR2, track/A-X car, no title, bill of sale, nice $600 rollbar, veteran of this forum, $900-ish depending on wheels.

1985 Dodge Shelby Charger, factory rims, rusty, $175

1986 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo, rough, some parts borrowed for the 1984 Omni, $275

1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T, rare engine/trans, had tick in engine, parked since 2008, $1400

1962 Studebaker Lark 2 door hardtop, straight six, rusty, partly disassembled, $400

1975 Bricklin gullwing coupe, 351 Ford, tree fell on it, broken windshield, hood damage, water in carb, but, hey it's a BRICKLIN, $950

1986 Pontiac Fiero, $2008-$2009 Challenge competitor, pictured in GRM, parked outside since then, $500

All prices are OBO. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/14/19 1:11 p.m.

New challenge subclass: must start with something purchased here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/14/19 1:45 p.m.

Challenge Bricklin?  Parking lot build Bricklin?

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/19 1:50 p.m.

Is the 62 Lark "Florida rusty" or "northern rusty"?

Danny Shields
2/14/19 1:52 p.m.

Awesome idea!  Malcolm Bricklin of course brought the Yugo to our shores, and we have seen those at the Challenge, but the Bricklin was his dream. I assume the 351 is junk but it shouldn't be hard to find another Ford V8 that will bolt in. So here is what a sub-$1,000 Bricklin looks like:

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/14/19 2:02 p.m.

I had dreams of building a Bricklin Cart and taking it to The Challenge ........   as Brick-Art.   The motor is likely bad, but it's supposedly from a '70 Mach one, so it has pretty valve covers. etc.  For some reason the back rims look wider than the front but match.  I never figured out what the deal is.  

I believe Malcolm Bricklin introduced Subaru to America with the 360.

Robbie, you are the best.  

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/19 2:03 p.m.

In reply to Danny Shields :

I'm 95% sure my Grandpa used to own that Bricklin. Not too many of them are painted...

Danny Shields
2/14/19 2:04 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

It was Mark's daily driver for a while. Then it was going to be a Challenge car. Then it sat in the pole barn for years. Looks to me like the driver's floor was replaced long ago. I thought I had pictures but this is the only one I can find right now. (The trunk lid is unbolted.)  The straight six is pretty cool, and the "sporty" two-door hardtop model is rare compared with the two-door post version. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
2/14/19 2:13 p.m.

I'll just patiently wait for Delorean details, or not.  I'm already committed to an Alto this month, or else I might just be serious.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/14/19 2:56 p.m.

The DMC-12 is buried the deepest.  Part of the reason for having the car guy yard sale is to clear room to get it out.  I think 21k miles, 5 speed, black leather.  The coolant tank cracked, and it was parked.  They now sell a pretty aftermarket coolant tank.  I bought it around 1989 or so.    

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/14/19 2:56 p.m.

The Lark is Norther rusty

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/19 3:01 p.m.

Info on the Omni GLH??

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/14/19 3:17 p.m.

The GLH was non running when I got it.  Owner said needed fuel pump.  I installed but never tried to start.  It's been heavily stripped to be turned into a Challenge car.  Its also sat outside for years and years without windows.  On jack stands with disassembled suspension.  It's not a gem.  I do have rear hatch louvers. (separate sale).  The car likely has ground effects and factory rims.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/14/19 3:23 p.m.
Robbie said:

New challenge subclass: must start with something purchased here.

Does it have to be this list?  Did I claim mine too early?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/14/19 3:29 p.m.

I've always wanted a Delorean. I think they've increased in value considerably lately. I'm unlikely to be able to offer enough.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/19 3:50 p.m.

1)  Avanti pics pleez.  And I hope for the sake of my marriage it's not a 4-speed.

2)  Daytona IROC (not rare) or Daytona IROC R/T (suuuper rare, Turbo III 16-valve 2.2).  Would love pics as well.  

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/14/19 4:12 p.m.

Stampie, You are the official first purchase(s) of this sale.  Especially since you are picking up in March.

The Avaint is an automatic.  And unfortunately still far too buried under other car parts to take photos.  It was sandblasted and primed.

Yes, its the IROC R/T with the cool motor and trans.  It had peeling paint so I repainted the original colour.

These photos are right after the repaint.  It's been sitting 10 years.  Danny may have dusty dirty photos.  I took it out for a ride and it came back with  fast idle.  That was the last straw for me, so I parked it in my pole barn.  For some reason the seats are inside my house right now.

I accidentally painted over fog lights.  Oops.  I did not paint the panel with the IROC R/T badge to save the sticker.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/19 4:19 p.m.
spin_out said:

The GLH was non running when I got it.  Owner said needed fuel pump.  I installed but never tried to start.  It's been heavily stripped to be turned into a Challenge car.  Its also sat outside for years and years without windows.  On jack stands with disassembled suspension.  It's not a gem.  I do have rear hatch louvers. (separate sale).  The car likely has ground effects and factory rims.

Thoughts are going thru my head for flying down to get a challenge car and driving it back....stripped would not make the journey home any fun dammit

Danny Shields
2/14/19 5:23 p.m.

In reply to spin_out :

Wow! I do have current photos, but the car does not look that pretty now.  If it cleans up anything close to that it will be quite a deal. It is amazing how dirty a car can get while parked in a pole barn under a car cover.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
2/14/19 5:53 p.m.

More info on the Fairlane please..

Was my first real car back in the day

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/14/19 6:12 p.m.

My uncle had a '67 Red Fairlane when I was a kid, and I've loved the look of the 2 door hardtop since.  We have not been able to pull it out to get a good look at it's current condition. (So the price vary on this one.)  My neighbor insists on feeding feral cats which causes problems, like cats nesting under the hood.  I stripped it to bare metal and repainted it around 1993 in base clear.  My body shop teacher said paint jobs stay good for about 10 years.

1967 Fairlane 500.  Green with black vinyl top.  289 with automatic.  Factory A/C car (I'm assuming rare because I've only seen 2 others in 25 years.)  Was a bench seat base 500, but I put in XL seats and center console from a parts car.  I had the carb rebuilt, but had trouble getting the new gas tank sending unit to seal the tank.  That's where I stopped.  So like parked since 1997.  :(

Danny Shields
2/14/19 6:49 p.m.

In reply to scottdownsouth :

1967 Fairlane Barn Find

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/14/19 7:46 p.m.

All these cars have a title except for the MR2?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/14/19 9:00 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Challenge Bricklin?  Parking lot build Bricklin?

I don't need a bricklin. I didn't particularly want a bricklin before today.

The 351w weighs a lot more.than the 4a, so it will be harder to lot swap. The wiring should be loads easier however, even if we had to remake the entire car.

So many excellent brick themes... Jethro thick as a brick, shes a brick house, brick from anchor man, follow the yellow brick road, Lego brick, the list goes on.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
2/14/19 9:36 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Amen to the easier wiring!

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DxV3VIj4BT1BEL7GMEBElNzjRhnadE5kprn0PDkjKCsDSaLzoggBqNsVacqhOIAl