nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/29/20 10:47 p.m.

I was researching slide in campers.

I guess it could be reengineered into some kind of a tow rig.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 1:05 a.m.

Total reengineering required: pin the 5th Wheel RV hitch on to installed rails...

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 1:07 a.m.

Or, for a smoother look, at a better price, finish the cosmetics on mine, back to its original glory!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 1:15 a.m.

Doesn't look as good as 10 years ago, but I'm not asking 34,900 now either!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/30/20 1:31 a.m.

Ok, that thing up top needs a hydraulic lift on the back to put my Harley on it and the flat area on the back turned into a screened in porch with a hot tub

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 3:51 a.m.

Hey Jim. Ive got a friend with a diesel/machining/Fab shop in Linden TN, that can set that up for ya on either rig! We have talked about setting mine up to load a bike from the side, and still hook the 5er up! We never planed on a hot tub for me, but it can be done! He likes odd stuff enough that he doesn't charge a lot for the cool stuff... as long as you are not in a hurry!!! He cut the factory floor and cheesy transition to the back area floor out, and welded in new flat metal for $600.  I had to remove the interior, and then fab up the seat mounts and (start) with new interior, but he did the cut/fab/weld. was there for 3 months while he worked on it on and off... but CHEAP... cause  he thought Cabriolet should have done it when they built it - it needed to be done - and it was not a mod a "normal" person would attempt!

I know you were mostly joking, but be careful!! we can make it happen!

tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
10/2/20 5:56 a.m.

Just build another living quarters behind whats there and call it a duplex.  You know, for after the divorce is final.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/2/20 7:39 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Does that rig require a CDL?

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/2/20 12:48 p.m.
tr8todd said:

Just build another living quarters behind whats there and call it a duplex.  You know, for after the divorce is final.

I love the duplex plan. smiley

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/2/20 1:02 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Does that rig require a CDL?

There are three reasons it does not require a CDL:

1) as an RV it does not. Size, weight, brake type... does not matter. 

Some States are starting to require a non-commercial commercial license to drive any RV. Probably  a good plan

2) It’s weight rating is below 26,500 lbs. 

3) It has hydraulic brakes. Airbrakes  on work truck Requires CDL. 

4) I maintain my cdl, even though I hope to never drive semi’s again. Ya never know... and I've found MANY police officers don’t actually learn the laws they try to enforce. They get by on bluff and attitude. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/9/20 7:07 p.m.
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) said:

I immediately stop reading when seller says it has a "Cummings" engine.

In the Light Duty class trucks, I would agree. 'Specially since they would not realize their lifted, mega-buck tire monster is a light duty truck! Many have even told me theirs has a "Jake" Brake on it!!! (The small diesels in 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are only available with exhaust brakes - there is a difference!)

Mostly, my mind doesn't see it - automatic translation!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/10/20 2:23 p.m.

In reply to ILHWEJD20 :

I assume this was not a real post?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JlQdYtlxY5NslZGX9enYMUQjBKufO80dfzl3bGEUqwMhq7tWeYNQbxeQWYK49Y2U