GS_Boston
GS_Boston New Reader
8/19/20 6:02 p.m.

Hi everyone, my brother urged me to list here as I might get more responses.

Car is a 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V that I've had for just over 10 years, a hand-me-down from my brother before that. Body and Transmission currently has 260K, while the motor is around 160K. Currently has a MA Rebuilt Title, previously CT Rebuilt/Salvage. In 2016, Car was clipped by a truck while parked and damage to the driver door and fender totaled it out. Went through the CT Salvage process to prove road worthiness so went through quite a few hoops to get back on the road.

Currently, the car cannot start as a bad aftermarket starter motor installed in 2019 stripped the ring gear on the flywheel. New starter will come with the vehicle. Car will need to be towed from current location in Reading, MA - just north of Boston.

Aside from the numerous suspension and interior modifications, the car also boasts a custom turbo setup for Subaru IHI turbo's. While not the prettiest, it garners a lot of quality supporting components. Aside from the stripped ring gear, one of the mounting ears for the valve cover to the head was shaved down to make room for the compressor housing, and the current valve cover blistered from heat from the hot side. A replacement valve cover with new spark plug seals pressed in will be provided.

I just don't have the time or space to replace it on my own, and changes in my own life make more sense for me to pass this completed project on. I don't want to go through the process of parting out everything on the car, and wanted to pass on the vehicle complete to someone who wants to do the work to it to get it back up, or take what they need and complete whatever part out afterwards.

Rough value estimation on the various hardware listed below is around $3300, conservatively.

That's the bulk of it. I hate the idea of parting ways with this car after 11 years of ownership, but there's a lot of good parts that should help the community explore their own projects.

Message or comment with questions.

Below I have listed a comprehensive list of some of the bigger items that make this package worthwhile for the selling price; Pictures follow after:

17x7.5 +42(35?) Rota Boost w/ like-new 215/45R17 BF-Goodrich Sport Comp2 A/S; 4x100/114

20mm 2JR Spacers, Mix of 2JR 55 and 82mm extended studs

S13 15's with studded General Altimax Snows 195/65R15 I think

26mm Z32 4-Pots, Slotted M30 Rotors on the car, new M30 Drilled and Slotted included - Stainless lines

2JR 10mm ALK's 2JR BSK and Roll Center Correction Kit

2JR Full 3" Exhaust, Midpipe+Medusa Catback

Koni Yellow's in gutted and prepped strut bodies w/ Nismo Springs

Nismo Front and Rear Sway Bars

SAFC-2

Innovate LC-2 WB with Datalog

AEM FIC6 with Boomslang Harness (Current Mapping will be included with software on a flash drive)

TWM Short Shifter + 2JR Short Shifter

CXRacing Aluminum Radiator

Hallman MBC

Turbo Setup - Log Manifold - IHI Flanges - Oil+Water Cooled - Custom AN Lines for coolant - Bellmouth style DP - IWG Setup -

TD06-20G currently Installed, can include TD05-16G and WRX TD04-13T previously used

2JR Vac Block - Catch Can setup for breather and PCV to Turbo Inlet - HKS BOV - Walbro 255 in modified housing - WRX 440cc Injectors

Almera N15 Center Console

Android Headunit w/ Navigation

Recaro Sportlines from EDM Accord Euro R w/ custom Wedge seat brackets

Refreshed sunroof motor with the EssentialTech replacement gears.

Fidanza lightweight flywheel (stripped ring gear)

Exedy OEM Clutch replaced around 225k

Retrofitted headlights (Depo) with Morimoto MH4 and E55R Shrouds

Bumper has new fogs with new HID H3C bulbs and quick disconnects (push-button style)

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/20 7:35 p.m.

So what you're saying is I can push start it for the Challenge and kick all the ass?  Can you do a list of the extras with value in case someone wants to create separate receipts?

revhard
revhard Reader
8/19/20 9:50 p.m.

Brother here. I personally would have stripped all the valueable parts and parts it out myself but the car was fun to drive and my brother couldn't be bothered. This car could be the challenge easy button as my brother did a lot of work on the brakes, suspension, and engine. Could probably just get a junkyard flywheel and replace it yourself for the challenge.

I also bet he would itemized some of the parts for challenge accounting's sake.

GS_Boston
GS_Boston New Reader
8/19/20 9:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I am not in tune with exactly how stringent the $2000 challenge is - would the list be most beneficial if it only included items loose from the vehicle that are not directly tied to its current running condition? Or is a total valuation of the items listed above also necessary for a challenge competitor?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/20 10:19 p.m.

$2000 for everything? This seems like a steal.

I think I already know the answer here but does a spec v have an lsd trans?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
8/19/20 10:28 p.m.

Yeah, its got a Torsen.

These are weird cars.  They drive a lot better than the sum of their parts (stock).  They have a low revving motor, struts up front, and a goofy beam axle in back.  They still fall victim to limitations of physics on the autox course though.

This could be a ton of fun if you had the time to give it some love.  It also comes with a rallyx tire setup :)

GS_Boston
GS_Boston New Reader
8/20/20 8:52 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, $2000 for everything. I am not trying to make a ton of profit - none actually lol - just for someone to take the entire package and hopefully do something cool with it.

I honestly love this little car, but it doesn't have a spot in my life right now. I didn't originally intend for this to be a $2000 listing for the $2000 Challenge, it just sorta worked out that way. I think it's a good listing price for everything you get as long as you have a means of meeting up and towing it away :) .

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
8/20/20 9:14 a.m.

How difficult is it to change the flywheel? 

revhard
revhard Reader
8/20/20 10:36 a.m.

Shouldn't be any more difficult as any other fwd car.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/20 10:51 a.m.

Does the motor still turn over if you put a socket on the crank pulley? What prompted the starter replacement? How was it running before that?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/20 10:58 a.m.
GS_Boston said:

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I am not in tune with exactly how stringent the $2000 challenge is - would the list be most beneficial if it only included items loose from the vehicle that are not directly tied to its current running condition? Or is a total valuation of the items listed above also necessary for a challenge competitor?

Personally I only separate out what is truly loose but others may differ on that.  But a $1500 car with $500 in loose parts gives some nice headroom.

GS_Boston
GS_Boston New Reader
8/20/20 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Motor most definitely still turns over. Starter replacement occurred in 2018 (correction) due to the original starter power wire finally giving out. Over the years did plenty of cranking to prime oil through the turbo, diagnose spark and ignition coil stuff, and just general starting.

In retrospect, I wish I just mended the wire and went about that - I'd still be driving the car today. The car ran well, it was in it's element after a couple years of working out kinks and addressing things like leaky water supply lines to the turbo, or old rubber hoses that eventually was replaced with silicone. I was worried about the car in general when I encountered hard starting issues, but that turned out to be the faulty replacement starter motor searching for more teeth to destroy.

Car runs well, may take some time to start as its been sitting for a bit. Motor breaths well and holds 8-10psi on the TD06-20G currently on it steadily. Another note is that the old inlet for the turbo I was using was plastic and a few pieces broke off into the compressor blades. Chewed up a bit, but cleaned out everything and the damage to the compressor blades didn't really effect anything. A fresh compressor wheel can be had for ~$50 probably. Alternatively, any other stock location Subaru turbo could be made to fit.

New Starter can be seen peeking out to the right of the NA header and just above the grouping of spare Bosch 3323 Oil Filters.

GS_Boston
GS_Boston New Reader
9/21/20 7:48 a.m.

Bump, gonna word vomit listed amenities on the vehicle as hypothetical values - I'll bold what's NOT on the car after. (Wheels could be interchangeable based on what is mounted and whats loose)

17x7.5 +42(35?) Rota Boost w/ like-new 215/45R17 BF-Goodrich Sport Comp2 A/S; 4x100/114 - $400

20mm 2JR Spacers, Mix of 2JR 55 and 82mm extended studs - $30 (Spacers)

426mm Z32 4-Pots, Slotted M30 Rotors on the car, new M30 Drilled and Slotted included - Stainless lines -$150

2JR 10mm ALK's 2JR BSK and Roll Center Correction Kit - $150

2JR Full 3" Exhaust, Midpipe+Medusa Catback - $300

Koni Yellow's in gutted and prepped strut bodies w/ Nismo Springs - $200

Nismo Front and Rear Sway Bars - $150

SAFC-2 - $100

Innovate LC-2 WB with Datalog - $100

AEM FIC6 with Boomslang Harness (Current Mapping will be included with software on a flash drive) - Pricing listed below since it can be removed

TWM Short Shifter  - $30

CXRacing Aluminum Radiator - $50

Hallman MBC - $25

Turbo Setup - Log Manifold - IHI Flanges - Oil+Water Cooled - Custom AN Lines for coolant - Bellmouth style DP - IWG Setup - $200

• TD06-20G currently Installed, can include TD05-16G and WRX TD04-13T previously used
  • 2JR Vac Block - Catch Can setup for breather and PCV to Turbo Inlet - HKS BOV - Walbro 255 in modified housing - WRX 440cc Injectors

Almera N15 Center Console - $50

Android Headunit w/ Navigation - $150

Recaro Sportlines from EDM Accord Euro R w/ custom Wedge seat brackets - $500

Refreshed sunroof motor with the EssentialTech replacement gears - $50

Fidanza lightweight flywheel (stripped ring gear) - $50

Exedy OEM Clutch replaced around 225k -$1

Retrofitted headlights (Depo) with Morimoto MH4 and E55R Shrouds - $150

Bumper has new fogs with new HID H3C bulbs and quick disconnects (push-button style) - $50

Very Scientific Total: $2,841

NOT on vehicle seen in trunk/wheels:

S13 15's with studded General Altimax Snows 195/65R15 I think - $100

AEM FIC box with adapter harness - FIC is mounted in vehicle with custom Boomslang harness - Removeable - $300

Turbo Rebuild kit for TD05/TD06 - $40

Spare Ball Joint -$1

2J Short Shifter linkage - $25

Various Bushings, , ect - $1

Spare Sunroof Motor - $5

Drilled/Slotted Infiniti M30 Rotors - $40

Silicone Coolant hoses for firewall to motor - $40

(3) 3323 Bosch Oil Filters - $3/ea

Spare OEM N/A header with pre-cat - $40

OEM Center Console Top Bin - $50

Spare Valve Cover, gutted breather and PCV for turbo set up, pressed in new DIY spark plug seals (not typically serviceable) - $80

Brembo-option Spare Tire (for oversized front calipers) - $100

Follow-up Scientific Total: $831

Running Total: $3,672

I think these listed prices aren't out of the ordinary, fair under-market pricing for an expedited sale. Again, this listing is geared as a buy-complete sale rather than a part-out. Please do not think of these listed prices as a means of buying piece parts at this time.

Thanks again for the interest!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OWG5JKgfcDhA8YUat6kPXCu3ooRWMMMqhH3p00bFfyO9XCiuTwvxm5d6jy2tXnVY