wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/15/15 6:38 a.m.

Price Reduced $6,500

For sale is a very rare car-- my father's Eurospec 2003 330XI. He recently had some health issues, and sold me the car last year. Driving this car over the past year has been amazing, but living in Boston is far from the ideal environment to baby a Eurospec Bimmer. So, after much thought and wavering, I've decided to sell the nicest car I've ever owned.

My father worked for a company in Germany for several years, and while there he drove the company's 330XI. This car was brand new when he started his job, and he was the only driver. I had the good fortune of taking this beauty on the autobahn when I was younger! He loved the car and was given a great deal by his company when the lease was up-so he imported it to the U.S. This was no small feat, and required significant expenses to comply with US DOT and emissions regulations. This car is 50-state legal. I have all related importation documentation. It cost over $15k to import this car.

To my knowledge, BMW did not sell any 330XI's with a 6-speed manual in 2003-those only came with the 2004 model year. So this car is rare not only for being a Eurospec (and having options never offered in the US), but also for its model year and drivetrain.

My father and I have been the only drivers of this car. We have only hand washed this bimmer, and its been hand-waxed twice yearly. We are both non-smokers, and no my knowledge no one has EVER smoked in this car.

The car has been garaged nearly its entire life. Other than a few tiny hood spots (from debris), the car has no rust. The only exterior issue is some minor damage done to the rear bumper. This car was the victim of a parking-lot hit and run, which left some knicks and discoloration to the rear bumper (see pics). The title is clean.

This car can easily get 30+ mpg highway. Several times I've seen 32+ MPG. My best tank was 540 miles. The car was run on 94+ Octane when in Europe, and 93 Octane in the U.S. For whatever reason, efficiency seems to be slighter higher than US-spec 330XI's.

I'm asking $6,500 for this beauty. Overall, the car is in excellent condition. Interior and exterior are 8/10, with minor blemishes. The 330 came with nearly every option available (all, I believe, except the Sports package)--so this was among the nicest non-M 3-series money could buy in 2003. The price also reflects the fact that the car needs new rear springs. I'm open to reasonable offers-but this car is so rare and nice that I'll gladly keep it if I can't get the money it deserves.

Feel free to PM me for further details. You can also reach me by texting or calling five-one-three, five-one-five, eight four six four.

Miles: 186,500 VIN: WBAEW51010PF88692 Specs: Orientblau Metallic exterior, Hellbeige Interior

Options: Cold Weather Package (heated seats), GPS navigation system, Harmon Kardon Sound System, Park Distance Control, Hill Descent Control, Xenon Lights, Rain-sensing Wind-Shield Wipers, 6-CD Changer (in trunk), Comfort Package

The car originally came equip with a Eurotray center consul, but my dad replaced it with cup holders. It does, of course, have the Eurospec compartment under the light control unit (to the left of the steering wheel). The car also comes with the standard Eurospec rear fog lights. Car has MANUAL leather seats, as is standard on many European BMWs. Also, car comes with a Euro first aid kit and Toolkit (see pics).

Several mechanics and techs have told me this is the best condition E46 they have ever seen. Nearly all of the miles were highway--many of them the autobahn. The car STILL has its original battery and alternator. The original coolant system was only recently replaced at 184,000. I know some will scoff at the lack of "preventative" maintenance, but this is also a testament to BMW engineering. When a car operates under ideal conditions, and is taken care of, it can run optimally for a very long time.

The car has always been maintained with BMW OEM parts. The only exception are the brakes (rotors and pads), which my father sourced aftermarket. The car also has an after-market trailer hitch installed, which was installed by a BMW dealer. He used this for towing around a 300 lb woodsplitter around our family's land. There has NEVER been any aftermarket parts installed to the engine or drivetrain.

The tires were recently replaced (~6,000 miles ago) with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s (staggered setup - 225/45 fronts and 245/40 rears). The wheels did NOT come standard with the car, but rather were sourced from a 2006 330ci vert ZSP. Rims are in good shape overall--2 are perfect, 1 has very minor curb rash, and one has 360 degrees of rash. Overall, rims have an excellent shine and almost-gunmetal finish.

The car is currently located in Waltham MA, just outside of Boston. I am not willing to ship; however, I am willing to travel throughout the East Coast for the right buyer (willing to go as far south as Richmond VA)-- I have lots of friends between NYC and DC. I will also be traveling to Western NY (Buffalo) around July 4th, and could drop it off to the right buyer then.

Overall, car is in excellent condition, with only minor issues that need attention in the future:

1) The car has a broken rear spring(s?) 2) Check engine light comes on occasionally, related to an O2 sensor issue. I've talked to several mechanics about this. It does not affect the car's performance, so I have ignored it. 3) Hard braking from high speeds indicates that at least one rotor is beginning to warp. In some ways, this isn't surprising since my father installed after-market rotors on the car.

Maintenance History: New Spark Plugs and Coils 66k New ICV 71k New Rear brake line 91k New Brake pad sensors 91k New Left Rear Lower Control Arm 91k New Pre and Post-Cat O2 sensors 91k Inspection 1 - 91k New Thermostat, bled coolant 105k New Fuel Sending Units, and Fuel Pump 113k New Inner and Outer Axle Boots 122k Inspection II: Air Filter, New Spark Plugs, New Transmission Fluid 122k New Outer Weather strip 130k New Pads and Rotors (4), brake fluid 142k New Rear Coil Springs 142k New Valve Cover Gasket 142k New Serpentine Belt 172k New Front Right Wheel Bearing 175k Tire Alignment 175k New Front and Right Control Arms and Bushings 179k New Rear Fuel Pipe 179k New BMW updated Cold Weather CCV System 179k German Auto Solutions M54 DISA Valve 179k 4 New Tires 180k All new OEM Cooling System (expansion tank, thermostat, water pump, hoses) -183k Power Steering Fluid Flush - 183k Airbag Recall 185k

Some other benefits: -Just replaced the oil (always with 0W40) at 185k -Brand new OEM windshield wipers

The full specs for this VIN are also included below:

Data for vehicle identification number: WBAEW51010PF88692
Model description: 330XI Market: Europa Type: EW51 E-Code: E46 (4FL) Chassis: Limousine Steering: links Doors: 4 Engine: M54 - 3,00l (170kW) Drive: Allrad Transmission: manuell Body Color: Orientblau Metallic (317) Upholstery: Standardleder/hellbeige 2 (arbeitsn (N6HC) Production date: 04.04.2003 Assembled in: Regensburg Code Serienausstattung Standard Equipment S210A Dynamische-Stabilitäts-Control Dynamic stability control S240A Lenkrad Leder Airbag Leather steering wheel S290A BMW light-alloy wheel star spokes 44 S411A Fensterheber elektrisch vorne/hinten Window lifts,electric,front/rear S473A Armlehne vorne Armrest front S520A Nebelscheinwerfer Fog lights S548A Kilometertacho Kilometer-calibrated speedometer S550A Bordcomputer On-board computer S832A Batterie im Kofferraum Battery in luggage compartment S851A Sprachversion deutsch Language version German

Code Sonderausstattung Optional Equipment S167A Abgasnorm EU4 EU4 exhaust emissions standard S203A Allradantrieb 4-wheel drive S249A Multifunktion für Lenkrad Multifunction f steering wheel S403A Glasdach elektrisch Glass roof, electrical S423A Fussmatten Velours Floor mats, velours S428A Warndreieck und Verbandstasche Warning triangle and first aid kit S431A Innenspiegel automatisch abblendend Interior mirror with automatic-dip S438A Edelholzausführung Fine wood trim S465A Durchladesystem Through-loading system S488A Lordosenstütze Fahrer u. Beifahrer Lumbar support, driver and passenger S494A Sitzheizung Fahrer/Beifahrer Seat heating driver/passenger S502A Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage Headlight cleaning system S508A Park Distance Control (PDC) Park Distance Control (PDC) S521A Regensensor Rain sensor S522A Xenon-Licht Xenon Light S534A Klimaautomatik Automatic air conditioning S609A Navigationssystem Professional Navigation system Professional S612A BMW Assist BMW Assist S630A Autotelefon mit schnurlosem Hörer Car phone with cordless receiver S672A CD-Wechsler 6-fach CD changer for 6 CDs S674A HiFi System Harman Kardon Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon L801A Länderausführung Deutschland National Version Germany S863A Händlerverzeichnis Europa Retailer Directory Europe S879A Bordliteratur deutsch On-board vehicle literature German S915A Entfall Aussenhautkonservierung Delete clear coat P972A Komfortpaket Comfort Package

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/15/15 6:47 a.m.

You can see more photos at my listing on E46 fanatics here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1078931

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/16/15 9:58 p.m.

Open to reasonable offers

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/17/15 10:16 a.m.

Price reduced!

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/17/15 10:48 a.m.

To what? It still shows $8500.

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/18/15 10:33 a.m.

Reduced To $8,500. I first posted it for $9,500

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/18/15 10:59 a.m.

My bad. I thought it was 8500 to begin with.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
6/18/15 11:49 a.m.

Nice ad, good luck with sale.

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/21/15 7:36 p.m.

Thanks!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
6/21/15 8:52 p.m.

Saw your name and was thinking 330xi manual wagon.

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
6/21/15 9:29 p.m.

Yeah I wish they brought that here! Honestly my pick would be a 330 ZHP wagon. A few guys over at E46 Fanatics have dropped M54B30's into their 323s and 325s wagons (making a 330), but its a custom job and BMW North America never sold one here.

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
7/6/15 9:33 a.m.

Price reduced to $6,900!

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
7/21/15 2:13 p.m.

bump

wagonfanatic
wagonfanatic New Reader
7/22/15 3:12 p.m.

Price Reduced to $6,500

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/15 3:33 p.m.

Any interest in a Miata or a Sportster?

tjbell
tjbell Reader
7/25/15 6:54 a.m.

Drooling all over my keyboard! good luck with sale and glad to see another MA member on here

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yw8Szjfx1IamqhwCuYF6PVuVIernrcueTVXwVmQC077Vpw6FZch5MMMBej6EUqBy