1 2
soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/20/20 8:15 p.m.

***SOLD***

4.8L V8, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, 360 hp, 360 ft-lbs -- The way it should be!

GRM price $7,000 (listed for $7,600)

Very well maintained 3 owner car, a friend owned it for 1 year before I did. Very rare option combo, and the most detailed maintenance log spreadsheet you've ever seen (link here). Title in hand. Happy to answer any questions!

UPDATE: Picture gallery including the rust-free undercarriage and the paint imperfections here (click)

Mechanically 9/10 no warning lights at all, just a drip that never makes it to the ground (engine valve stem seals are good, coolant crossover fix performed)
Exterior is 7.5/10 with some paint chips (pictures available upon request)
Interior is 9/10 and perfectly clean, all non-smoker owners

EVERYTHING works, except the retractable rear window shade gets stuck in the up position sometimes. Only full synthetic BMW LL-01 certified oil used, Shell gas, and Motul synthetic gear oil for transmission and differential. Comes with Bentley manuals and 3 spare wheels (2 are cracked).

06/14 spark plugs
03/17 coolant crossover repair kit installed
06/17 4 new tires, alignment, steering lock replaced
08/17 transmission and diff fluid changed 
04/19 new OEM battery installed and registered, most recent oil change
06/19 brake fluid replaced

SPORT PACKAGE 
-upgraded brakes, 16-way sport seats, active steering, active sway bars, 18-inch staggered wheels,  adaptive headlights
PREMIUM SOUND PACKAGE 
-high-power Logic7 audio system (I will miss this the most), navigation system
COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
-heated front seats, heated steering wheel (you'll love it), heated mirrors, and heated high-pressure headlight washers

Craigslist:

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/nashua-2007-bmw-550i-6spd-manual-sport/7059939795.html

-Nick

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/20 8:24 p.m.

What's your GRM'er price? 

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/20/20 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Right now bottom dollar is $7,800. Updated OP with price.

Including purchase price I'm into it $15k, and don't want to spend too many nights crying myself to sleep over it.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/20/20 9:05 p.m.

Can you provide more history of the car?

Is it a lifelong NH car? If so, any undercarriage pics? I want to know how rusted or not rusted it is, underneath 

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/20/20 9:26 p.m.

I believe the original owner was in MA. I'm under the impression it was never driven in the winter, but I'm asking my friend (the previous owner) if he knows for sure, he bought it from the original owner (update: 'not certain, but it's unlikely it was ever driven in the winter'). The past two winters I had it in a parking lot with a car cover (included), and this winter it was stored indoors (partially heated garage below apartments). I've been underneath it and it's very clean, but it's not in a position to have pictures taken at the moment, it's stored in an offsite garage.

Here's the maintenance log I've kept: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GO1i4vOdYdRTE8uoEiNkItakfhKgt6kKDvmeGIYLd0/edit?usp=sharing

Javelin
1/21/20 1:32 a.m.

How does it handle in rain/wet conditions being rwd only? 

Javelin
1/21/20 1:34 a.m.

What tires are in it and what's the date codes on them?

<<< Very serious buyer, even with shipping

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/21/20 1:38 a.m.
Javelin said:

How does it handle in rain/wet conditions being rwd only? 

It handles great in the wet. The Kumho tires I put on it I selected because of their predictable wet performance. Traction control and ABS are really well tuned and do a good job stepping in only when needed. It can also be a lot of fun if you know what you're doing, with the TCS in sport you can flip a 90 at slow speeds pretty easily if you try to, but it doesn't slip unless you provoke it.

Tire review here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=204

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
1/22/20 10:30 a.m.

damn, good luck with the sale.  That's a great price and should sell the second weather turns warmer, if not sooner.  If I didn't just buy an e39 540, I'd be jumping on this. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/20 10:43 a.m.

FWIW, it's been a few years since I've driven one, but the E60 RWD V8 Manual is berkeleying delicious.  I wish i was in the market.

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/22/20 11:22 a.m.
Javelin said:

What tires are in it and what's the date codes on them?

<<< Very serious buyer, even with shipping

Kumho Ecsta 4X II, non-runflats (car has a spare tire, despite coming with awful runflats from the factory). I bought them new from Tire Rack in May 2017.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
1/22/20 11:28 a.m.

I can vouch for the seller. Have known him for a long time.

He's a bit anal about things, which I think bodes well for the future owner of the car.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/22/20 11:41 a.m.

I'm trying not to see this, but every time I do I keep telling myself it is rusty.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/20 11:42 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

I'm trying not to see this, but every time I do I keep telling myself it is rusty.

eagerly awaiting your build thread

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/22/20 11:56 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

I would put an offer, but having lived in MA for 8 years, which destroyed my FJ60, I can't buy this without verified undercarriage pictures. 

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
1/22/20 2:04 p.m.

I would put in an offer, but I like being married to my wife... Unless a lifetime of unlimited free beer and food at the brewpub is considered a 'valid offer'.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
1/22/20 2:31 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Word of warning - he only drinks dark beer.

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
1/22/20 5:41 p.m.

Makes me think about swapping this tranny into my '06 M6.  Should have all the hardware I need and the price is about the same as the FCP swap kit and a tranny...

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
1/22/20 6:17 p.m.

Most of the undercarriage is aluminum. My 09 128i lived its entire 135k mile life in the NE and it's clean underneath.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/22/20 6:48 p.m.
DaveEstey said:

In reply to golfduke :

Is there any other kind?

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/22/20 6:58 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
DaveEstey said:

In reply to golfduke :

Is there any other kind?

MY MAN 

I'll have to see about getting it on a lift in the next couple weeks.

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
1/30/20 9:32 p.m.

Going to try to get it on a lift tomorrow if I can. Any particular areas to take pics of? I did some searching for common rust spots on E60's and most forum posts said no areas were particularly prone. Looking at some pics on a Pelican Parts article there's not much to see with all the fairings but I'll try.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/BMW-E60/13-ENGINE-Transmission_Splash_Shield_Removal/13-ENGINE-Transmission_Splash_Shield_Removal.htm

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
2/5/20 10:13 a.m.

PICS ARE IN  —  CONFIRMED: THIS THING HAS NEVER SEEN WINTER!

ALSO CONFIRMED: THERE IS A SMALL BUT PERSISTENT OIL LEAK (or two), SOMEWHERE

Full picture gallery here, including pictures of all the rock chips in the paint:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EpFzusmjfcEbEqCAA

Most notable are the mint brake lines and chassis seams in the rear, it could hardly look better. The oil pan gasket is wet, and there's a drip from something front-passengerside-ish (likely timing cover). I tried to get some honest pics, including the backs of the undertrays so you have a realistic idea of the speed of the oil drip. I did find a spot on the ground in the heated garage where it's been parked for the winter, but haven't seen anything in the driveway or garage in the past.

Let me know if you have anymore questions or want to send someone to have a look.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/5/20 10:37 a.m.

The "oil drip from something higher up," do you know what it is?

How much oil are you adding between changes?

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
2/5/20 10:40 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

The "oil drip from something higher up," do you know what it is?

How much oil are you adding between changes?

Timing cover I believe (added that to the post), I remember my mechanic saying it looked wet 2 years ago. I don't remember adding more than 1/2qt between oil changes (done annually because of few miles put on it).

EDIT: I owned it from 122,633, and changed the oil at 123,834 and 129,905 using BMW LL-01 certified Castrol Edge Full Synthetic 0W-40 and a Mann oil filter each time. Currently at 130,363 mi.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Itpj7YRiw2CJZaHDkMmFKBAuCNvlLIWaLQmu7YnZdbFS3nRiJK2jp59s1UHuOiW