TC
TC New Reader
1/6/14 4:27 p.m.

EDIT: Car no longer for sale

My daily driver for several years. Gave it to my parents for a bit, now they don't need it so its back to me. Great car, and very predictable in the snow too. Nicest w124 you'll find! I'd trade for an older project car of similar value if that works too. Here's my CL ad.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4257652826.html

I have a ton more pictures and info if anyone is interested. You can email me at topmb476@yahoo.com.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
1/7/14 12:02 a.m.

I have a '75 280Z I'm trying to sell, but I don't really want a Benz, even though your car is really nice. Maybe when you sell this you should buy my Z! :-) Here's the link to the GRM ad.

TC
TC New Reader
1/7/14 12:13 p.m.

Nuts! Thats exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I've realized trading a 300E for something like that is a long shot for a lot of folks, hoping to maybe get someone who needs to put a lot of miles on for work or has a kid turning 16 or something and needs to get rid of the toy. Oh well, let me know if you change your mind! Good luck with the sale

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
1/7/14 11:50 p.m.

Thanks! Good luck with your sale too! If you are able to sell it feel free to contact me if you are interested in the Z!

TC
TC New Reader
1/23/14 7:16 p.m.

Bump! Still for sale.

TC
TC New Reader
1/23/14 7:18 p.m.

Should also add, just had a turn of events and I can't take on too much of a project -- gotta be on the road. Would prefer outright sale, but I'm all ears for trades still since I've got a lot more money into this car just with maintenance items than its worth on the market, probably something a lot of you guys have experienced before.

Ross413
Ross413 New Reader
1/24/14 6:29 a.m.

Looks garage kept, and very clean. What is the PA inspection like? Do all the interior features work, aside from the ac needing charged? Any apparent issues with the car? I am just south of you and may want to come take a look at it.

Thanks Ross

TC
TC New Reader
1/24/14 7:27 a.m.
Ross413 wrote: Looks garage kept, and very clean. What is the PA inspection like? Do all the interior features work, aside from the ac needing charged? Any apparent issues with the car? I am just south of you and may want to come take a look at it. Thanks Ross

The car's actually registered out of CT (where I'm technically a resident and I'm back and forth a lot). Passed emissions in april with flying colors and a visual inspection. Beyond that they don't really do anything, but I have no doubt this would pass any state inspection without trouble (pending the tie rod below). Interior-wise, everything works except cruise control and the speaker fader, which I took out to put a USB input in. Odo is off, as mentioned in the ad as well. Clean title, in my name.

I noticed recently there was a clunk in the front end probably from the atrocious potholes around here, took a look and saw the RF tie rod had a ripped the boot. I've got a new one in the mail that should be arriving today. Its fully driveable right now but lets face it, a ripped tie rod end isn't going to get any better, also pulls to the right a bit. I stupidly snapped the hood catch release as well, so that's in the mail too.

If I can think of anything else I'll throw it in here.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
1/24/14 7:52 a.m.

I guessing the AC uses R-12?

TC
TC New Reader
1/24/14 9:38 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I guessing the AC uses R-12?

It should, the valve does not look to have been replaced and there are no stickers or anything. I haven't had the AC leak diagnosed as I'm more of a windows-down sort of guy and it wasn't worth the time or money to do so. The refrigerant that was in the car when I got it lasted me 3 years before it was totally out, so a recharge every year or two should be fine.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
1/24/14 10:07 a.m.

Problem is, no legit shop will just ad R-12 any more. It has to be leak-checked etc, etc, etc.

I went through this with my 86 Nissan truck. They were suppoded to convert it R-134A, but when I picked it up, they hadn't. Said "we haven't had much luck with conversions". In other words, we get to bend you over again in the future. They didn't say that when I first talked to them. $330 to remove my freon, clean the system, new dryer and expansion valve and replace the freon that came out. And is was not a full charge.

Good luck with the sale. It looks like a nice car.

TC
TC New Reader
1/24/14 10:14 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Problem is, no legit shop will just ad R-12 any more. It has to be leak-checked etc, etc, etc. I went through this with my 86 Nissan truck. They were suppoded to convert it R-134A, but when I picked it up, they hadn't. Said "we haven't had much luck with conversions". In other words, we get to bend you over again in the future. They didn't say that when I first talked to them. $330 to remove my freon, clean the system, new dryer and expansion valve and replace the freon that came out. And is was not a full charge. Good luck with the sale. It looks like a nice car.

Yeah, one reason I haven't bothered. You can throw Freeze-12 in there though -- not as good as factory air but it'd probably do.

TC
TC New Reader
2/28/14 9:25 a.m.

Hey guys, still for sale. Dropping price to $2800/obo. I'm open to trades as well.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
2/28/14 9:54 a.m.

the link does not work for craigs

TC
TC New Reader
2/28/14 10:19 a.m.
trigun7469 wrote: the link does not work for craigs

Ah nuts, I'll have to repost it. Thanks for the heads up.

TC
TC New Reader
3/13/14 11:34 a.m.

Not sure if I can change the title of the thread -- I've decided to sign the car over to my parents who are looking for a solid 3rd ride. I did this 3 years ago, so hopefully you won't see me pop up here again with this car again! Thanks for the interest though! Car is no longer available.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZMWXJcloYyWASlDoA1Hd8M6RXVfUaHkeFq5VDN7Pfq5rYquaezmJuu2DgJsLWaim