1 2 3
Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/26/20 3:44 p.m.

EDIT: PRICE DROP, REPAIRS MADE!  $2500, front end has been rebuilt, new ball joints, steering everything, poly pivot bushings and ice cold air for the summer.  No longer looking for trades but i do like guns and motorcycles.

Looking to pass Big Red on to a new family.   96 ex Game Warden "interceptor" Rough Country 4" lift, 35/12.50r15 Wrangler MTR+ Kevlar mud terrains on 15x10 steelies (6 matching wheels and tires).  Cold AC, Warn premium manual hubs, set up for rock crawling and general man stuff other than road trips, the reason for sale.  Grandson closer to Duster than me so i need to get rid of the Bronco and the minivan (gawd i hate that thing, great shape, good car, just hate going anywhere in it)

Custom bumpers front and rear, ready to go home with you for $4500 (GRM approx value, lots of new $$ parts) or a truck based SUV with AC and working 4wd (Expedition, Sequoia, Tahoe, Excursion, Grand Cherokee, Suburban etc.) Dont be shy with trade offers, wasn't looking for a Miata but that didn't stop Dusterbd Mike from changing my life for the better!

Jim 334 two zero two 62 seventy five

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/26/20 3:49 p.m.

I've wanted a Bronco almost as long as I've wanted a Mustang.  Wife would kill me in the face, though.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/26/20 4:03 p.m.

With the back seat out a queen sized air mattress fits.

And its given me way less trouble than women have.  Easier to get it topless than my wife after 15 years too

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/27/20 6:40 p.m.

Nobody has anything they want to trade for the greatest 4x4 ever built?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/20 6:43 p.m.

I have bunches of stuff I could trade. Nice Bronco and I actually have a desire. Just not much need. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/20 6:46 p.m.

What engine/trans/transfer case?  Axles?  

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/28/20 8:57 a.m.

5.8 efi, obd2, e40d, BW1356 which has a lower low than most vehicles 

Axles are stock D44 TTB up front and 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears and trac-lock (LSD) in back

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/29/20 2:01 p.m.

Location please?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/29/20 2:05 p.m.

NIce Bronc. If I had the budget I'd be road tripping to wherever you are. But I don't right now. GLWS. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/29/20 2:08 p.m.

Sorry for late response, wife sick, work, kids etc

Alabama, central Alabama.   So no rust!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/1/20 11:52 a.m.

Bumparoo

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/2/20 12:06 a.m.

Nice looking truck.  Very tempting.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/2/20 1:20 p.m.

Almost any decent trade valued anywhere near my Bronco will be considered.  I just have to get my 3 personal cars down to 2 so my son can have something fun for his first.  The Bronco is closer in value to what I'd like for road trips and my Nissan Quest has "16 yr olds first car" kind of value.  He wants an NA Miata.  Sure do love that kid, he's a keeper

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/2/20 1:23 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Anything in particular you'd like to know? Better pics?

Foodeater
Foodeater New Reader
2/2/20 7:10 p.m.

Why is the Bronco so unsuited for road trips? What is a comfortable highway cruising speed? Highway MPGs?

would it be up for a drive back to the NYC area?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/2/20 7:14 p.m.

In reply to Foodeater :

The 35" tires probably don't help anything you mentioned

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/3/20 10:10 a.m.

Mr Asa is correct. The truck needs different wheels and tires for regular hwy use and a sway bar or 2 would be good.  These are deep aggressive lugs for max traction, not so much a smooth ride.  It doesnt have much insulation from new as it was a bare bones Game Warden truck.  I spent years making it great for weekends at the lake, riding the whole fam topless and offroading but it just isnt the right car for regular 7 hours trips to SC, and i dont see myself putting smaller tires on it or spending the money and time into making a 2 door truck better for road trips with a teenage boy in the back. Will it make it?  HELL yes.  Will it be fun?  Maybe, but you wont want to do it again the next weekend.  Its loud and drafty with amazing capabilities off road, and when you stop for gas you may end up talking to someone who thinks its super cool.  Kids love it and call it a monster truck, women all want to ride in it, men look on with envy and appreciation.  The thing is, i did the rock crawling thing for a while and then i got a Miata, now i only want to drive it for fun and the Bronco told me it wants to get dirty with a new family instead of sit in the driveway 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
2/3/20 11:15 a.m.

Rust free?  So buy this, drive it to Michigan, enjoy it for the summer, sell it, hopefully break even.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/4/20 6:37 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

For the right deal ill meet halfway!

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/4/20 7:02 p.m.
akylekoz said:

Rust free?  So buy this, drive it to Michigan, enjoy it for the summer, sell it, hopefully break even.

Yeah that sounds like an awesome plan! The money people want for old AND rusty trucks up here is crazy.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/4/20 8:05 p.m.

Nice Bronco. GLWS. 

First time I've seen Aussie on here in a long time, too. Welcome back? 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/25/20 12:34 a.m.

Original post edited due to huge price drop

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
3/25/20 6:02 a.m.

Won't last long now.  Too bad for the shut down of the entire country, it's putting a damper on all things fun.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/25/20 6:41 a.m.

Airfares should be cheap now and gas definitely is.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/25/20 9:27 a.m.

The car that i want is an 8 hour drive or a $87 ticket.  Hmmm

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0TdpO6ReWfwLDx1G1lHXz1zlpD5rddZ1xOKkLhxpuFFrWruSmkPf0x2zwiy3fXeX