TurboFocus
TurboFocus HalfDork
4/5/20 3:48 p.m.

Gauging interest on my old turbo brick, I don't necessarily need to sell the car but I do want to thin my heard out just a bit. Seven vehicles is about two too many for me right now. I'm not sure what these things are actually worth so everything is OBO with a heavy emphasis on OBO.... its OBO fyi.

Pro's:
Car is very straight
Zero rust on the car 
15G Turbo
99% stock and unmolested
Comfortable
Dead nuts reliable
Easily daily-able, I have been driving it everyday since November.

Con's:
I suspect the 15G will need a rebuild in the near future
Kickdown cable needs adjustment
Speedometer doesn't work (I use my phone as a speedo)
Minor cosmetic things

Is $2500 a fair price or am I smoking crack? I've listed all current issues with the car and everything else works perfectly fine.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
4/6/20 1:13 a.m.

Where are you?

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/20 6:30 a.m.

Unless it is extremely clean I would imagine it would sell for closer to $1500. You may find someone for $2000 but I think much over that is a stretch. 

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/6/20 6:37 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Virginia plates......

The car might be a fun beater for RallyX, but it seems like a shame to destroy a rust-free car....

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
4/6/20 8:39 a.m.

I dont think the price is out of line for the right buyer.  Most Turbobrickers want them for less than $1000 and will complain about "used to get these for $150 twice a week..."

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/6/20 12:42 p.m.

Super clean, good luck with the sale! If it had another pedal, I'd very seriously consider making an offer.

79rex
79rex Reader
4/6/20 2:08 p.m.

for a clean one I think it would sell for 2500.  It might take some time, if your prepared to wait.  I say give it a try

TurboFocus
TurboFocus HalfDork
4/7/20 2:13 a.m.

located in VA beach area. its pretty clean imho

orthoxstice
orthoxstice New Reader
4/7/20 9:00 a.m.

Try and fix that bumper cover on the passenger side. It's a nice color and doesn't seem to have flaking clear coat but it's a sedan which people aren't as enthusiastic about. The 15G is a nice upgrade but is that just on stock wastegate pressure? I'm pretty sure the 15G wastegate is pretty soft and only makes about 6 pounds of boost. 

Virginia seems to have a steady supply of decent turbo Volvos and I think you'll be waiting awhile to get $2500. It's not impossible, but difficult. 

TurboFocus
TurboFocus HalfDork
4/7/20 3:05 p.m.

In reply to orthoxstice :

Yea stock pressure. The 13c went out and I couldn't find another one. Read that the 15G was a bolt in replacement and ordered it off of ebay.

Bumper cover "fix" would probably just be a couple zip ties. I still need to look into the speedo easy fix as well.

I have it priced expecting a little haggling, I just cant justify letting it go for 1k, whether that's it's worth or not. At that price I'll keep it a little longer, then keep its drivetrain and feel guilty about it.

TurboFocus
TurboFocus HalfDork
4/7/20 5:48 p.m.

Speedo works to 45mph now and bumper isnt sagging anymore

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/7/20 6:49 p.m.

Speedo fix, first thing to check is the wires between the sensor and the chassis. There is a clearance problem there that causes a failure, often exactly where the wires exit the plug on the differential.

TurboFocus
TurboFocus HalfDork
4/12/20 5:00 p.m.

Pending sale to local guy

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EMlb7ROmK9cMIXPUTHNrOJzKLKHOL0RD4XvPSqfO6cf9BY4dWDxm5FuVuNShh7qt