1 2
Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/9/20 7:24 a.m.

Old Rolf kept his car in the garage and only took it out in the summer to go down to the Elks. That's a great car.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/20 7:28 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

Nice. My main complaint would be the lack of factory A/C.  In a car like that, I'd want A/C.  I think it's rather odd it doesn't have it.

AC was not a cheap option back then so lots of cars up north went without at that time. Doesn't strike me as all that unusual for the period.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/9/20 7:30 a.m.
Dave M (Forum Supporter) said:

Old Rolf kept his car in the garage and only took it out in the summer to go down to the Elks. That's a great car.

thats what i'm thinking.  No A/C becuase Minnesota up north eh?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/9/20 8:32 a.m.
Cotton said:

I would be all over that if I didn't just buy a car even bigger than that one last week.

I need to borrow it lol

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/9/20 2:55 p.m.

When I was 4, 1975, my parents and I went on a cross country trip with my Dad's parents in a 73 New Yorker .  My great grandfather lived in Fontana CA and we went from Canton OH to Fontana in that car.  My father said that was the first car that his dad ordered exactly the way he wanted, and had nothing but trouble with it and did not by another Chrysler product again.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/20 4:16 p.m.

It seemed odd that you could even get a big Chrysler without A/C, and then I noticed that it doesn't even have power windows!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/9/20 8:49 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Cotton :

A limo?

Yes,  1973 Fleetwood Series 75. It's a 9 passenger with the jump seats,  has the power divider,  front and rear ac,  and the rear armrest has shot glasses and bottle storage.  I wish this was my DD in high school lol.

In reply to Cotton :

That's beautiful! 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/9/20 9:24 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

It's a massive amount of fun.  I'm picking it up from the detailer tomorrow,  so should be able to get some better pics.

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/14/20 10:24 a.m.

With that interior, I'd bet it wasn't originally black.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/14/20 12:58 p.m.
dettonator20 said:

According to what I could find, the horsepower had already been dropped to 225 SAE for the '72, and the car weighed a svelte 4400 lbs.

Engine masters proved you can have 390hp with headers, intake and a cam. Stock heads. 7.5:1. 440 is good. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/14/20 2:28 p.m.

I was 16, had a 1959 Anglia Prefect and seeing a 15 year old red head.  Don't remember where we wer going, but her Dad jingles some keys and says "Here, take mine".  Same car but 1970, he was high up in the NY DMV food chain.

FIRST stop sign I damn near stood that thing up on the headlights!  Not used to power brakes ....

But I was polite enough to remove the size 5 footprint from the rear window

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
7/14/20 6:42 p.m.

I do remember that interior from those days, but never on a black car. As someone said, prolly a repaint.

A friend had a similar dodge... had a full bed size mattress in the trunk! Another guy said the trunk would sleep 6, and berkeley 12!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xGhozs1ktDrU6tgDT9Ui2utbETqAhz0lijc0YczvarR1EkCx41iWSSbo9O22BZFx