lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
1/15/19 5:30 a.m.
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 5:42 a.m.

$12k for a stingray shootingbrake?

I have no idea if that's a good deal or not.  Too bad mazdeuce just bought two miatas?

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
1/15/19 5:49 a.m.

back when theCheap C4 Thread was Started there were 2 or 3 Posted Here On GRM,  At A Much better Price.

I Don't Remember Xactly What Those ThreadWere Titiled

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
1/15/19 6:07 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Some B***h !!!

I had originally found it as a post on Facebook where it said it was $999.  In my excitement, I missed the actual price in the ad.  

Explains why it was not here, I would not have posed it if I had caught the real price.  

That will learn me, always check twice, and if the two dont match, check a 3rd time. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 6:53 a.m.

I mean it is LA... so, maybe the price makes sense there?

laugh

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 7:04 a.m.

He can't sell that! Where will he stack his boxes?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/15/19 7:18 a.m.

Apparently one of ten made...   so maybe the $12K price isn't bad? 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
1/15/19 7:33 a.m.

It's not one of ten.

Even the Jalopnik article doesn't believe that claim.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/15/19 7:38 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

I don't either.  I've seen these cars pop up for sale many times over the years. Prices are all over the place. Maybe $12K is crack-pipe. Maybe not. Depends on who is looking for one and when and how much money they want to spend.  Such is the collector-car market.  You have to start somewhere.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/15/19 8:53 a.m.

Flares are too big for the car & wheel size, but what scares me are the window seals.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/15/19 8:53 a.m.

I have this thing I believe is worth $12,000. How will I advertise it? I know, I'll leave a bunch of trash on it and leave it abjectly filthy and barely visible in the photos. That's sure to get me a buyer.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 9:25 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

At least he didn’t obviously dump more dirt on it for “patina”.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/15/19 9:58 a.m.

I had the Suzuki that I planned to sell for $800 and I still power washed it to get the gunk off, pulled it outside, and got good photos in the light. This guy's a real pro.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
1/15/19 10:02 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

It's not a true barn find if you wash the dirt off it. Didn't you see that episode of Fast n' Loud? (lets leave aside for a moment the fact that you can't barn find something you own.)

128racecar
128racecar Reader
1/16/19 6:56 p.m.

I bought a driver-quality matching numbers 72 coupe survivor for 12K that I had running/driving nice after another $500 in parts. This should give you a frame of reference for what you can buy in a C3 if you shop around for 12K. I think this 1972 would be a better value:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3s-for-sale-wanted/4232473-1972-coupe.html

Marc in Indy

No Time
No Time Dork
1/16/19 7:07 p.m.

In reply to 128racecar :

I particularly like this part of the description:

Additionally, a third owner’s wife who points out that if the owner was going to have a midlife crisis then he should have skipped the red sports carand opted for a fling with a twenty-something Brazilian girlfriend because (and I quote) “that would have cost less and she wouldn’t be cluttering up the damn garage when I’m trying to get the Christmas decorations down.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/17/19 8:04 p.m.

Those sometimes, when flared out with the correct size wheel and tire, just look sick.  The wagon body seems to just flat work in the aesthetic department.  You’d think there would be no way it could work.  But it does.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/17/19 8:32 p.m.
Ian F said:

Apparently one of ten made...   so maybe the $12K price isn't bad? 

Ten is ten too many.....I love shooting brake conversions on damn near everything, but that is straight hideous. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KtBVWLEoK0Ig68VIDRiEPOp5FzUvSftZu1j5xRFtcZx5aafl2auXpEax10gGuLQW