dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/14/19 3:38 p.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/19 9:58 p.m.

I really want the worst Rampside in the world so I can drop it over a C4.  Wheelbases are 1” different.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/15/19 7:37 a.m.

Yow, what are those seats like in the winter or high G corners?

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 7:47 a.m.

I think I've eaten a meal in the diner that seat came from. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 7:50 a.m.

I would modify it so that when I hit the brakes, the rear end would lift off the ground. I'm weird that way. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/15/19 8:49 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

"High G corners" are not a Corvair truck's natural habitat.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/15/19 8:53 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I really want the worst Rampside in the world so I can drop it over a C4.  Wheelbases are 1” different.

If you could build this where you sit in the bed and drive via a camera on the front, you would win. Or just cut a sight tunnel through the cab.

AngryCorvair
1/15/19 9:25 a.m.

In reply to ultraclyde :

it would be a partial cab-over.  srsly, look where the driver sits, then consider engine placement in C4.  i think the biggest technical hurdle would be connecting the truck's steering shaft to the C4 rack.   and believe me, if the right rampside comes along before i really hack into the coupe, i will be coming to the challenge with a C4 rampside.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 9:27 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Since the C4 chassis is tied into the firewall how would you make the truck fit over it? I can see cutting off the front of the C4 & using the whole rear end & suspension. 

AngryCorvair
1/15/19 9:55 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Since the C4 chassis is tied into the firewall how would you make the truck fit over it? I can see cutting off the front of the C4 & using the whole rear end & suspension. 

like Mr Miyagi says:   Don't know.   First time.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
1/16/19 7:36 p.m.

They did one of these on one of those goofy auction shows on Velocity, Dallas Car Sharks. Typical, didn't fix damage on drivers door, just fill it in. Still an interesting vehicle

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/16/19 8:27 p.m.

Hey, aren't these worth at least 70k now?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cZM6GUkRctb8ho5zJOi4Xqt0O19VN1OyQh5GiuPdR1OGdk1qEEvkWGU4Dfmf1hKl