914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/11/19 7:45 a.m.
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/11/19 8:03 a.m.

wow that's fun. Ignoring the pressure system and through-the-wall beer taps for the moment...

The third window at the rear and the added seats inside are something I've never seen before. Most hearses only have the rear door window and front seats.  Did they make these as funeral limos that had a hearse-type roofline, or were the seats added out of a wagon or something?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/11/19 9:22 a.m.

That was an ambulance, I believe. The rear windows and the plexiglass sliding divider between the front and the back were standard for ambulances. The interior is customized, though; none of them that I know of had folding bench seats like that. Looks to be out of a station wagon or van of some kind.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/11/19 12:39 p.m.
dculberson said:

That was an ambulance, I believe. The rear windows and the plexiglass sliding divider between the front and the back were standard for ambulances. The interior is customized, though; none of them that I know of had folding bench seats like that. Looks to be out of a station wagon or van of some kind.

Ahhh...makes sense. On first glance I thought the top was vinyl covered, making me think hearse. Looking again I think it's painted sheet metal with condensation on it in a few shots.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t21adsd4lwpGbATzsQ7LlhRkk5BROVEKWerq4WF7V8ntr110M5DtWq8xfwd1VI7p