1 2
JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/3/20 2:16 p.m.

Solid truck with more time and money into it than I would like to think about. It’s been lowered the “right way”. DJM Dream Beams with Belltech lowering springs and drop shocks up front. Axle flip and drop shocks in the rear. Could be lowered more in the rear, but the frame would need notched.

Rebuilt 5spd transmission from Midwest Transmission. New clutch kit, master & slave cylinder & line. New pilot bearing, rear main seal, resurfaced flywheel, Pedal assembly was removed worn bushings replaced....-All steering and suspension parts are new. From pitman arm out to outer tie rods. New “rag joint” in the steering shaft. Newer PS pump, upper & lower Ball joints, wheel bearings.

Brakes - one caliper replaced (maybe both can’t remember) new brake hoses, new wheel cylinders, brake shoes & spring hardware couple years ago. Fluid was flushed.

Electrical bits - New started solenoid, battery cables, ignition switch, headlight switch, both window motors & channels cleaned and greased, horn, headlight bulb, tail light bulbs, newer starter, new cap, rotor, newer wires, plugs, oil pressure switch, new lock cylinder. Newer turn signal switch.  Some other new things like newer heater core & hoses, O2 sensor, 3 new tires. Other is older but low miles. New crankcase breather and filter, pass. Side mirror. Just put a new ignition module in yesterday (runs much better).                                                               

Body - All rust has been repaired decently. No crappy bondo hack jobs. Couple patch panels put in. The frame behind and in front of the cab have been sanded and painted, along with the leaf springs. Most every nut and bolt removed has been cleaned and painted. Painted a couple of things. Painted the panel below the headlights. And pass side door that had a dent that I pulled most of out. Color match is OK. Painted wiper cowel black and under it. Cleaned that up and resealed windshield. Painted a large part of under the truck while the trans was out (wouldn’t recommend lol). Cleaned all the panels inside the truck. Cleaned up surface rust in there and elsewhere......I like the way it turned out. It does run and drive alright, but could still use some work. There is no AC (needs compressor) the speedo isn’t working, I think the cable got buggered in the transmission install. If you’ve ever driven a 4.9 you know they will tow anything but they are SLOW! A few things here and there still need buttoning up. Has zip ties here and there, as the Roadkill sticker would suggest.  Oh and I also have a complete engine rebuild kit & walker y pipe, that I’ll let go for pretty cheap. Anyway if you’re interested come check it out! I’m glad to answer any questions. Located in SW Missouri.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/3/20 2:27 p.m.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/3/20 2:30 p.m.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/3/20 2:32 p.m.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
7/3/20 3:34 p.m.

I used to read the modified truck mags, but stopped a few years ago when money was tight.

Anyway, I do recognize the names of the quality parts you used, and the work you have done looks pretty solid, too.   I can't say that I have seen a lowered F-150 in a while, but this is about how I would do it.   (The idea of a notched frame doesn't appeal to me all that much.)

Shame the A/C is temporarily inop (I live in Florida) and this is not a bit closer.  It sure has me tempted, though.

Jimbo86
Jimbo86 New Reader
7/3/20 11:17 p.m.

What are you asking? I'm looking for a cool older truck to mess with. Long ways away from me in Virginia though....

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
7/4/20 2:25 p.m.

I like the way that sits. Any lower starts looking silly and completely impractical to me. Lots of potential there. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/20 9:54 a.m.

Wow. Looks nice! Is it an 8ft bed?

Color me interested, but I need to know what sort of price you're thinking. I'm in Chicago area, so it's hard for me to just swing by (haha).

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/5/20 2:41 p.m.

Oh I'm sorry I thought I listed the price, asking 2700.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
7/5/20 4:15 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Looks like a 6' bed to me. (An easy cheat is that the short beds have 4 pockets at the corners of the bed, while the long beds add a pocket over each wheelwell)

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/5/20 5:03 p.m.

It is the 6' bed. I will upload more pictures later on.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/6/20 11:46 a.m.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/6/20 11:50 a.m.

Mistakenly I removed this bit of nature 

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/6/20 11:55 a.m.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/6/20 11:58 a.m.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/6/20 12:00 p.m.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
7/11/20 7:53 p.m.

Lowered price to 2500 OBO!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/3/20 9:07 a.m.

Nice truck for the money.  Forwarding this to my son who's looking, though in the interest of domestic harmony I may have to stash it at my house for a few months.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/3/20 12:36 p.m.

Do you have seats?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/7/20 4:27 p.m.

Someone needs to do a fly&drive for this one!  

Hilaegis
Hilaegis
8/27/20 2:17 p.m.

Is this still for sale?

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
8/29/20 7:38 p.m.

Hey sorry guys, haven't been on in a while. 914Driver yes it has a seat, I do drive the truck the majority of the time. I still need to put the front sway bar back on. Admittedly I've had second thoughts on selling, but freeing up driveway space would be great. So if anyone is really interested let me know. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/30/20 1:45 a.m.

You mentioned another engine and y pipe, but the 4.9 is a straight 6 right?  Is the extra engine possibly a v8?  Will a V8 bolt right up to the manual?  Is this the "granny low" first gear trans?

Edit, I misread, it's just the rebuild kit, I read "engine and rebuild kit" my mistake.  Gas mileage any good with a six?  I've always liked the idea of one with a built 6 and a turbo or 100 shot and call it "The Buzzin Half Dozen"

Great truck. Not for me, but, were I in the market, ...

GLWS, if you do, indeed go forward with the sale.

JordoCone
JordoCone New Reader
8/31/20 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

The Walker 'Y pipe" is just a y coming from the 2 exhaust mainifolds, into a single pipe. It is quite a bit more free flowing than the stock down pipe. I always wanted to do some head work, bore the block and shave it a bit. Put a little higher ratio rocker arms etc. I think the bump in compression and a little better flow in and out would let it finally graduate from a painfully slow truck to just slow. (Man I should be a salesman). This transmission was also used behind the 302. As far as mileage goes, it's about what you would expect for an older truck. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D9c3mDGcjxHrfQmcSzN4kEJO3yjE4vi6JjQkaSYbQ0GRo6AKsbj5gCv3fup13lfR