1 2
Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/17/18 2:01 p.m.

Sale pending on the Model A and Model T that were casually mentioned, but the fabulous Merkur XR4Ti's are still available! 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
12/20/18 2:54 p.m.

Congrats to Stampie on the A and T.  I know they are going to a good home.

Did I mention the right buyer could get a smoking deal on the all the Merkur XR4Tis, and still be Challenge budget eligible?

Danny Shields
12/26/18 6:34 a.m.

That is a total of five Merkurs with titles, for anyone wanting to corner the market on XR4Ti's.  Or just take one, with all the extra parts you need.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
12/26/18 10:17 a.m.

Danny, these might be moving to the yard sale. 

Adam, email me about the room in your challenge budget so I can see if we can work something out.  I may have an idea. 

Danny Shields
1/1/19 10:21 a.m.

New Year's bump for the Merkur.

Hagerty says to "snatch one up now" while they are still cheap:

7 Classics Under $10,000 To Buy Now

Here is your chance to ACT on a Hagerty erecommendation. "Spin_out" Mark has five XR4Ti's really, really cheap. You could corner the market on XR4Ti's AND take your shot at Challenge glory!. You could even take home the one-of-a-kind enclosed Merkur hatchback trailer, loaded with your Merkur parts.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
1/2/19 3:15 p.m.

emailed.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
1/2/19 7:17 p.m.

Nice Car Trailer.  :)

Danny Shields
1/15/19 11:15 a.m.

The mighty Merkur could be the start of a cool American Endurance racing car, for those with ambitions beyond the $2000 Challenge.  You could do a two car team! 

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
1/15/19 11:41 a.m.

I wish this was in Michigan. I would take the trailer to tow around behind my Merkur-powered Courier!

Danny Shields
1/16/19 5:35 a.m.

Road trip! Plenty happening in sunny Florida over the next few weeks. Daytona, Sebring, St. Pete GP, Spring Break, etc..  smiley

Danny Shields
3/3/19 8:16 p.m.

Merkur on CL

This 1988 Merkur is the last one remaining in Mark's collection after the car guy garage sale. Lots of high performance stuff on this car for you to enjoy on track, on the street, and/or in the $2000 Challenge.

To quote Mark's original post:

"The price could be much lower (seriously lower) for someone swearing on a stack of bibles (FSM version ok) that this car will compete in newly renamed $2000 Challenge. Otherwise you are likely to part it out, so $1,800 for you."

So for a GRMer , here is an opportunity to take a car to the Challenge that already has thousands in $peed parts, and your price will be much lower than the $1800.

After the Challenge, I suppose you could part it out, but you won't want to.smiley

Danny Shields
3/25/19 6:00 a.m.

This car could be a great Challenge car or track car. Come and get it at Mark's yard sale this Saturday.

Danny Shields
3/30/19 3:36 p.m.

Lots of interest in the hot Merkur but it is still available.

Danny Shields
4/12/19 10:45 a.m.

Sale pending, deposit in hand.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FYBGgNs0CsRJadWhiqqDKjZ9lXis4ADknmKsi9GRn0R0jCK1Gm4CR2DEqKniB3HZ