CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
4/5/19 3:24 p.m.

This is a sort of project car in that it needs a lot of love, but it's a reliable form of transportation kind of project.

It came to my wife and I from her father as a wedding gift and it was in pretty rough shape then, and is now to be perfectly frank, although it's a little better. I am not at a point in my life that I have the time or money to make this car the way I want it (less leaking, tight). It passes smog and is fun to drive, but it needs quite a bit of love (new top, new oil pan gasket, maybe a head gasket, new coolant system, some electronic bugs that need to be ironed out). I have been a BMW enthusiast for years and have owned an E36 M3 (the car, not the poo) and I will be honest, this car is "loose" but it has the bones to be a lot of fun.

I tried to cover most of it in the ad, but I was in a hurry, so please let me know if you have any questions.

Car is located in SF East Bay. Price is $2500.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/el-sobrante-bmw-e30-325i-convertible/6873053986.html

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/5/19 3:37 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

Good looking car.  I'm not your buyer, but potential buyers will be a lot more likely to contact you if you posted more pics. I think the list of Craig's allows 24 pics.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
4/5/19 3:43 p.m.

Thanks, I'll do that when I have a bit more time. I have so much interest already though, apparently people want E30s right now.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/5/19 3:48 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

You have it priced really low in my opinion.

Edit: and we are just about to enter prime convertible season

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
4/5/19 3:57 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

You think so? It needs a lot of love: new top, a lot of engine work, suspension work, electrical issues, etc. I was worried I had it too HIGH.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/5/19 4:12 p.m.

Interior looks nice from that one pic. These are starting to hit the upper swing of the depreciation curve.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
4/5/19 4:40 p.m.

Gotcha. Yeah, the interior isn't actually that nice. It has a lot of tears in the seats, the driver's seat is actually a passenger seat (not a problem really, just a bit odd). The tops of the rear seats are trashed. It has missing trim pieces that mean it leaks when it rains. 

I should have documented all this, but I have been in grad school and haven't had the time.

Thanks for the input.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
4/23/19 8:41 p.m.

Had somebody back out at the last second, so the car is still for sale. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
5/10/19 1:57 p.m.

Bump for some added additional pics. Had some nibbles but not bites yet. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/10/19 5:13 p.m.

Original CL ad is gone for me

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
5/10/19 8:06 p.m.
CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
6/24/19 12:59 p.m.

Sold!

You'll need to log in to post.