JRGunfighter_John
JRGunfighter_John New Reader
7/24/20 5:48 p.m.

1994 Chevy Beretta Z26

Just north of Flint, MI

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
7/24/20 5:55 p.m.

When these were new I thought they were pretty lame but as time passes I think the styling and general proportions on these are pretty good.  Bit of gingerbread to get rid of including those awful wheels and this car looks a little tired all over but the price is right.  A Quad-4 and manual trans would be my  preference, smoothness be damned.   Wonder what the interior is like at this point... not enough to find out first-hand though.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/20 11:39 a.m.

They've aged well.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/20 9:02 p.m.

I want that.  

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/20 10:07 p.m.

I can’t believe that they were still making Berettas in 1994. 

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/20 11:07 p.m.

I love Berettas!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/25/20 11:40 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Believe it or not, they lasted until 1996. I'm surprised the Corsica stuck around that long also.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/26/20 7:49 p.m.

I always liked these, but never owned one. V6 manuals are very hard to find, and 94-96 were auto only for the V6. A Quad 4 5-speed could be fun too. The GTZ actually had some trick parts in the font suspension regular cars didn't get.

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike Reader
7/26/20 8:08 p.m.

Look at how low the window line is and how much greenhouse there is.  The first gen Lumina sedan had that same greenhouse proportions.  Really brings into stark contrast how short windows are today. 
That said, it has aged very well.  I would be happy to be seen in that.  

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
7/27/20 1:55 a.m.

I will be in that part of town tomorrow if anybody wants me to look at it

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/20 3:51 a.m.

Gm won the factory ground effects and spoiler wars of the early-mid 90's

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/27/20 12:06 p.m.

Man, I have not seen one of those around in ages.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/27/20 2:51 p.m.

I always thought these looked pretty good.  Weird how the Beretta was a few inches longer than the somewhat ungainly looking Corsica.  Seems like they were designed as a 2 door, and the 4 door was an afterthought.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/27/20 3:05 p.m.

I want the wheels. Those are beautiful. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
7/27/20 3:06 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

I always thought these looked pretty good.  Weird how the Beretta was a few inches longer than the somewhat ungainly looking Corsica.  Seems like they were designed as a 2 door, and the 4 door was an afterthought.

My mother had a silver with red interior 88 Corsica 4 cylinder 5-speed. It was the only car I think my father ever bought brand new. I learned to drive on that turd. I will admit that after we got it I thought it was cool as E36 M3 as we had only hand me down American land yachts from my grandparents prior to this. The car wasn't built real well, but my mother drove the wheels off of it for sure. In hindsight maybe it wasn't so bad, as I've now come to realize my parents are terrible car owners. The fact that is survived for probably 10 years at the hands of them is a testament to the resiliency of these automotive cockroaches. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/27/20 7:29 p.m.

Those are massively tall side windows compared to today’s bunker styling.  It has aged well.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/28/20 9:35 a.m.
slowbird said:

In reply to Woody :

Believe it or not, they lasted until 1996. I'm surprised the Corsica stuck around that long also.

I think the main reason they didn't last longer was side impact standards, but I could be thinking of a different car.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/20 6:12 p.m.

My second car was a 91 Beretta GT.  Got it as a leftover for cheap.  The dealer didn't understand why it wasn't selling.  It had all the right things; 5 speed, 3.1L, red with charcoal interior.... and the ugliest yellow and pink decals and pinstripes.  God it was awful.

I bought it and promptly pulled all those decals off.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Av0fXd0pMEW8o0oWcQS9rxUAzzXeWMgenLXWlLcoSyyCZgDKpxD1IkIsCXVrpee