JRGunfighter_John
JRGunfighter_John New Reader
2/5/21 11:18 a.m.

Can ShopGoodwill be the new source for bargain basement challenge cars...

SG Auction Link

Product Image #0

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/5/21 2:03 p.m.
JRGunfighter_John said:

Can ShopGoodwill be the new source for bargain basement challenge cars...

SG Auction Link

Unfortunately not. The deals are no longer great. This is at my local branch. I've bought 10+ cars from the auction there over the years, but since they went to the online auction model, cars are 'selling' for double what they would've before. A large percentage of their cars end up relisted at the following auction because people are either not paying, or showing up, realizing they bought a E36 M3pile, and leaving it there... or worse yet, the cars are getting vandalized (mostly catalytic converter theft) in the auction lot.

The descriptions are not written by people with an understanding of cars (often the donors), the photos are horrible, and the information given is often very wrong. I've stopped bidding on cars in the online auctions, but will return when the in-person auctions resume.

As for this Jag in particular: A friend went to the preview day on Monday and tried to start it. He said it was fairly rough inside and out, and even with a jumpbox, it wouldn't crank. YMMV. I'd absolutely still jump on it if you needed a parts car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uchIqPwSbFty3W6SmhkcnCxu7C0mAN8ESDyZK1cxehwdt8flqfTjo66nlOq6xrjz