AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
11/26/19 1:48 p.m.

I have all the Boxsters I need, but if I didn't, I'd be buying this: 1999 Porsche Boxster 3.4L swap, w/nice mods.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/26/19 2:29 p.m.

Can't build it for that, what a great car and an amazing deal for someone.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
11/26/19 2:54 p.m.

Man that looks great!

thepope540
thepope540 Reader
11/27/19 9:15 p.m.

This is exactly what I want but its 3 months and the sale of a rental property too early. Wow!

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
11/29/19 3:27 p.m.

Is it just my monitor, or does it look like the lips on those wheels have multiple bends/flat spots?

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/29/19 4:23 p.m.

In reply to Sil80redtop :

Somebody has Photoshoped the crap out of the car. It ain't that shiny. 

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
11/29/19 6:47 p.m.
Shadeux said:

In reply to Sil80redtop :

Somebody has Photoshoped the crap out of the car. It ain't that shiny. 

Maybe some 'sharpening' of the photo, but a smooth black car with a professional polish does look like that on a bright sunny day. Here's a 200% crop of that picture (zoomed in x2):

You may be right, but with my Photoshop skills, my time would be better spent on the car with a polisher. That's a complex background reflection to create.

Javi
Javi New Reader
12/10/19 10:33 p.m.

No photoshop. All photos were taken with an Iphone SE and uploaded straight from the phone. Maybe a slight basic color enhancement on the phone but barely noticeable (and it does way more for bright colors than it does to black). I polish the car once or twice a year with a buffer and it comes out looking deep and shiny. Maybe that photo was taken shortly after. I do agree that it looks glossier than in all the other photos and that's why it's one of my favorite pics.

I think the bends on the wheels is from resizing the photos prior to posting them on 986forum.com (which doesn't have auto resizing for uploaded pics). Notice that all the "bends" are at the top of the rims. 

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
12/13/19 5:22 p.m.

Cool.  I'd love to take it off your hands, but the timing isn't great for me right now.  Planning to free up some garage space, but can't do so for 30-60 days.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/15/19 10:17 p.m.

I love it.  I have a speed yellow 00S, oem type 2 aero kit and a factory painted console sitting in my garage.....  I'd lovd to have this one instead.  Those sport seats in that color.....  oh yes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rQKdoHK6R4soLE7pgFDyzrxKaV2GLG2y5XZMgpLVehlS5YSwDixjMvUBZx7MYMSE