dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/20 8:43 p.m.

NMNA - thought you all would get a kick out of this. This is perhaps the worse Spitfire ever, owner is quite optimistic about it. "Only needs one bolt the water pump and radiator hoses to start right up. Something tells me that radiator might not be stock......

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/591062841593661

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
9/23/20 10:59 p.m.

Nice oil filter too.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/24/20 5:56 a.m.

Cracks me up when “people” post stuff with - only needs  25 cent part, and 48.2 seconds work to run... yea, right. Then why haven’t ya done it? Are they stupid enough yo believe it, or just think everyone else is?

If it was closer and had a title, I'd consider it so I could build a street legal Abomination. Everything down here is either $5k or doesn't have a title. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
9/24/20 8:36 a.m.

Plenty of choices here for cheap

http://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/326151528797390 MK3 for $750 with title and you could sell the overdrive.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/24/20 8:42 a.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:

Plenty of choices here for cheap

http://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/326151528797390 MK3 for $750 with title and you could sell the overdrive.

That one sold.  If I had seen it I would have bought it.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/24/20 8:44 a.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

If it was closer and had a title, I'd consider it so I could build a street legal Abomination. Everything down here is either $5k or doesn't have a title. 

I have one in a whole lot better condition with a rebuilt engine sitting on a stand that I would sell for $5k.  As close to rust free as you will find a Spitfire.  

In reply to spitfirebill :

I don't need a body. I have one that is 98% rust free. All I really need is a car with a vin plate and title that I "repair" using the body, suspension,and engine I have. A beat to death rust bucket would be perfect.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
9/24/20 10:24 a.m.
Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/24/20 10:41 a.m.
03Panther said:

Cracks me up when “people” post stuff with - only needs  25 cent part, and 48.2 seconds work to run... yea, right. Then why haven’t ya done it? Are they stupid enough yo believe it, or just think everyone else is?

Um, it's a Triumph, so something is always broken, right?

This one seems extra scary due to the owner in the picture looming over this thing looking like a serial killer.  ITS A TRAP

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/24/20 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Dave M (Forum Supporter) :

Triumphs don't break, they just need attention.cheeky

JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter)
JoeTR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/24/20 3:45 p.m.

That original car would accelerate quite well at 9.8 meters/second squared if pushed off a cliff.  But I'm doubtful about it running.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/20 4:27 p.m.

Didn't tom just sell one on eBay? It was listed here too. Looked nice 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/24/20 5:05 p.m.
Dave M (Forum Supporter) said:
03Panther said:

Um, it's a Triumph, so something is always broken, right?

This one seems extra scary due to the owner in the picture looming over this thing looking like a serial killer.  ITS A TRAP

I didn’t see that picture. Did I miss something? Also , I’m not getting the reverence to my comment? All cars being unloaded cheap have something broken, or about too. If it was super easy, a honest person would (normally) do it before listing... of it prolly ain’t as easy as they claim. 

Um, so...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fYITKvpVrLpqOHURWg2MV2CM2I7SUzr77XfilZlZl6rDUqO4gL7vaPfXA29e20zK